Battlestar Galactica New Gun

Thanks. I'm trying to get the whole set but they keep coming out with newer or updated models.
Dave

Originally posted by Reaver@Jan 15 2006, 09:50 PM
Has anyone made the new BSG gun from the 2nd season yet, or have good screen caps? It almost looks like a 45 auto build-up to me but I'm not sure.
Thanks.
Dave
www.vortexxpress.com
[snapback]1160178[/snapback]​

I'm pretty sure that PtByNmbrs does a casting of it. Contact him.

Sorry PtByNmbrs is same, forgot his RPF screen name. Here's one he did for me, as referenced in the ASAP thread (if registered) : ASAP New BSG Props New Season Gun.
BSGNew2005Pistol.jpg

Unfortunately they are moving from the good looking gun dealers to pretty close to earth based gun dealers :eek:

Compare the above to a Mini-Season Season 1 gun:

BSGNewSeriesPistol2.jpg

Originally posted by Talisen@Jan 16 2006, 02:28 PM
So, where on the Galactica do they keep getting these different guns? Is one of the Ragtag fleet a guns dealer?
[snapback]1160483[/snapback]​

of course, it's Bargain Bob's Guns 'n Liquor ship followed by the Golden Nugget - u guessed it - the gambling ship followed by the Pink Pony.... ummmm yeah, what the hell was I talking about again?? :love

Originally posted by Talisen@Jan 16 2006, 01:28 PM
So, where on the Galactica do they keep getting these different guns? Is one of the Ragtag fleet a guns dealer?
[snapback]1160483[/snapback]​

There hasn't been an "in continuity" explination to the best of my knowledge. It's possible that there won't be one, and we are just supposed to assume that it's actually the same gun all the time.

The "real world" explination is that the original design was not good for filming gun fights. It was a clam-shell over a revolver. So they only got 6 shots before reloading, and to reload you had to take the clam-shell case apart, load up the blanks, and then re-assemble it before the next sceen could be shot.

Originally posted by rudolpht@Jan 16 2006, 01:37 PM
Unfortunately they are moving from the good looking gun dealers to pretty close to earth based gun dealers ohmy.gif

I have to agree. The new one based on FN Five SeveN is trerrible. Not only does it look like a "normal" gun, but they picked a fugly normal gun to work with.

I really wish they had just reworked the clam-shell to have a cartridge ejection port and space in the rear for the action to move.

Originally posted by DarthWillie@Jan 16 2006, 09:17 PM
Didn't they als use a south african Vector gun in the first series?
[snapback]1160636[/snapback]​

yeah, they had them on the prison ship and Boomer blew out her molars with one. :p

Originally posted by powerdown+Jan 16 2006, 01:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(powerdown @ Jan 16 2006, 01:48 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-DarthWillie
@Jan 16 2006, 09:17 PM
Didn't they als use a south african Vector gun in the first series?
[snapback]1160636[/snapback]​

yeah, they had them on the prison ship and Boomer blew out her molars with one. :p
[snapback]1160653[/snapback]​
[/b]

And it shot Adama with one too.

There's no way for them to have a good continuity explination of the change of the blasters. Near the end of Season 1 Crashdown (Raptor pilot) did indeed have the previous season blaster and during the first part of Season 2, "Valley of Darkness" but then by the next episode, "Fragged" he had the newer FN version.

HELL i could have made a better looking pistol than the FN with the pistols in my gun safe. :lol

aint nothing like a classic... :p

john :cool

I agree, I think they changed the gun for filming reasons. I still think the first two were much better looking for the show.
Dave

Originally posted by wuher da brewer@Jan 17 2006, 02:32 AM
Is it based on the Five Seven DAO or one of the later models?
[snapback]1160850[/snapback]​

not sure but its got the double trigger guard , 20 rd clip and the accessory rail under the barrel.
i saw them on clearence for around $650 dealer price a while back.

john :cool

Originally posted by wuher da brewer@Jan 17 2006, 05:51 PM
I think most models have the rail but only the DAO has the glove allowance trigger guard.
[snapback]1161716[/snapback]​

When I Googled it, it looked like there are three versions with the glove allowance trigger guard:
the Tactical (single-action), DAO, and the IOM (single-action).

Then there is The Five-seveN USG (United States Government) - "Single Action with checkering on the foregrip and backstrap, a squared trigger-guard, and an ambidextrous magazine release."

So the USG would be incorrect.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back