"Attack on Titan" Full Trailer Up!!!

Maybe I'm nitpicking but I don't recall rocket propelled grenades in SnK cause Hanji is clearly carrying some sort of launcher and in previous teaser trailers, an RPG has been shown fired. Other issue is that there looks to be an implied romance between Eren and Mikasa and that's just wrong when they were raised as brother and sister.

Last edited:
Attack on Visuals by Subtitles.

It's so hard to watch subtitle-rich movies because they force your eye to look away from what is going on screen!

Is there going to be an English dub?

Attack on Visuals by Subtitles.

It's so hard to watch subtitle-rich movies because they force your eye to look away from what is going on screen!

Is there going to be an English dub?

I have no problems with subtitles, I've always enjoyed subs over dubs because I like watching foreign movies in their original language, with subs it makes me feel like I actually understand what they're saying without actually knowing the language. The trick to subs is to not focus too closely on them, I either try to read them using my peripheral vision or I read them quickly when they first pop up. Of course, having spent a large part of my 20s watching subtitled anime, because that was the only option outside of raw Japanese,I've had a lot of practice watching subtitled movies.

I prefer subs.

Maybe it's just me but I do get something out of the Japanese voice acting even if I don't understand everything they're saying. Some performances are so strong they can transgress the language barrier. It's unusual for a dubbed performance to capture more than a fraction of that performance.

IMO English speaking voice actors often have a difficult time breaking out of their cartoonishly inflated vocal training. It doesn't surprise me that James Gunn couldn't find a voice actor for Rocket and that Bradley Cooper did such a great job. Some dubbed anime nowadays hire screen actors, not only for name recognition, but for the quality of the performance.

Still, sometimes screen actors "reinterpret" the roles which is awful. I'm thinking about Suzanne Pleshette who decided to change the gentle character of Zeniba (Spirited Away) into a smarmy witch or when Phil Hartman (RIP) turned JiJi (Kiki's Delivery Service) into a sarcastic scene-chewer that, while funny, violated the spirit and tone of the film. (The re-release of Kiki thankfully chopped out much of Phil's dialogue because of this.)

There are some notable exceptions, of course. Susan Egan dubbed the part of Gina (Porco Rosso) with heartbreaking sensitivity and depth. She honestly overshadowed Michael Keaton who seemed to phone in his performance.

The Japanese voice acting seems more consistent. I always prefer the subs.

I watched it when I went back home to Japan for summer the other week. It was surprisingly nice. I didn't like what they did with Mikasa's character and I'm not too fond of Shikishima.

TY RPF. I never actually heard of this as an anime and spent my time yesterday watching the entire first season and loved every bit of it. Trailer already shows that the movie follows the anime closely so all good :)

TY RPF. I never actually heard of this as an anime and spent my time yesterday watching the entire first season and loved every bit of it. Trailer already shows that the movie follows the anime closely so all good :)

It kind of doesn't. The movie is actually a bit more of retelling. You'll see what I mean when you watch it. Eren and Mikasa are different in many ways. Despite all of that, it's a really good retelling with awesome TOHO FX (who is famous for giving us Godzilla)

Just basing on what i see from the trailer tho :p

As I've said previously, the teaser and full trailer show that the live action film will deviate from the manga and anime. The rocket launcher is a big sign and the implied romance between Eren and Mikasa is a bigger sign that it will deviate from the source material.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back