Pym Particle Vials

joostin

So! Ant-Man has hit cinemas here in Australia, and somehow my plans led me to see it twice in two days. Crazy, I know!

Anyway, aside from the super awesome costumes rocked by Ant-Man (which some are already working on) and Yellow Jacket (which I hope to see some work on soon...), they have some pretty cool vials for the Pym Particle. Glowing red liquid for Hank/Scott, and a glowing yellow liquid in a hexagonal vial for Yellow Jacket.

I'd really like make some prop vials at some point – however, I don't have any reference images, or access to the film to nab some screen caps of the vials on screen.
Anyone else keen to tackle this?

It'd be cool to be able to initialise a run of them if there was interest, but at the moment, it's just on a small personal project level.

So if there are any clear reference images in your collection, would you care to share them to help get this project started?

Cheers!

This May Help you with your build
Pym_Particles.jpg
Thank me later

Last edited:
There is currently an INT thread in the junkyard by another member

Thanks, but not really what I'm after.
There wasn't a thread 3 days ago - and I'm more looking to go the DIY route than a run or purchase from someone else at this point.

Cap does awesome work, so I know they'll be quality pieces, but, kinda looking to tackle it myself with a bit of reference help from the community.

Thanks, but not really what I'm after.
There wasn't a thread 3 days ago - and I'm more looking to go the DIY route than a run or purchase from someone else at this point.

Cap does awesome work, so I know they'll be quality pieces, but, kinda looking to tackle it myself with a bit of reference help from the community.

I'd say in total 65-70mm in length with the diameter about 18mm for the clear tube and then the details of the machined end caps will have to wait until further images are grabbed or maybe the upcoming Art of Ant-Man book will have something.
I have the book on order with Amazon and it is due out the end of this month. I will have a look through and see if there is any concept art matching the vials and post it.

Good luck in the meantime,

I'd say in total 65-70mm in length with the diameter about 18mm for the clear tube and then the details of the machined end caps will have to wait until further images are grabbed or maybe the upcoming Art of Ant-Man book will have something.
I have the book on order with Amazon and it is due out the end of this month. I will have a look through and see if there is any concept art matching the vials and post it.

Good luck in the meantime,

Thanks for the heads up on those dimensions! They seem to be pretty damn close from what I can see.
Using that, I've been doing some research on sourcing some vials to do the job. As I said, I think I'll start small and see where it goes from there!
Not being able to completely custom machine them means I may not be able to get the lines in the caps exactly right, but, hey – it'll be close!

CPTRogers I actually had that thought too! And I do love hexagons. But since they had such a short screen time, they definitely require some more research! But I'll see what I can do once the material is out there.
juno Nice find! They're very similar to another set I found on etsy too. Just a bit bigger, so might work out better too! Thanks for the link :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The etsy bottles are nice but not at all accurate to the Pym Particle vials seen in the film, they don't have the correct machined ends with the recesses.
If you want the real deal I'd just hang tight and wait for better reference and then spend the money on making the best replica you can.

As for the hexagons I may have a solution to that.
Let's hold tight for better reference.

I quickly knocked this up in Corel Draw, but the vial prop in the film definitely had machined rings in the end caps there may have been vertical cuts in those notches too but the only close-up is during the first scene with Hank in the Triskelion at the start where he puts the vial on the desk in front of Stark and the other SHIELD official.

It really is only on screen for about a second or two at best.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back