Mr Robot

You think so? I dunno. The last few episodes have been especially weak for me and the latest one tried to get back to what the show was originally was going to be about (before it got caught up in all this needless secondary character drama) but that "twist" surprise at the end had my eyes rolling.

Darlene's his sister and Mr. Robot is daddy? C'mon.

It literally just came from nowhere just to set up something else to take away from main plot later down.

Absolutely LOVED it!

The issues he has aren't anything like I was thinking. It kinda reminds me a bit of FX's FARGO, where you have a bunch of separate storylines that end up coalescing in the end.

...at least I hope...:confused

Yeah I think it was a good one.. up there with the first initial episode, etc.

It had me questioning a lot of what I had thought was going on.

@PoopaPapaPalps

I agree with the later half of your spoiler comment.. but the first portion I liked, and thought gave it a GREAT spin on things..

So what are Elliot's motives then if his dad isnt even dead? Make believe motives? False motivation? (that he felt was real?)
(Slater doesnt look/feel old enough to be daddy, IMHO, as far as casting.)

I'm not to keen on the VP CTO guy story line still.....(spy? foreign hacker group? now a killer? knew & didnt care that Elliot set up main CTO guy? but now...does?)

I wonder how much of the story so far is real (in some fashion) and how much is fake? (alternate reality or Elliot's perceived reality)

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought these last few episodes have been some of the strongest episodes of ANYTHING I've seen on TV in a LOOOONG time. Just solid, from start to finish.

To address the issues mentioned...

Elliot's descent into the state of mind that he's currently in seems to have been brought upon him by the suspected death of his father. I say suspected because it's entirely possible that Mr. Robot IS in fact Elliot's father, alive and well, and his "death" only exists in one of the memories that Elliot has created in what appears more and more to be a systematic loss of memory. Darlene even says "You don't remember me again?," which clearly means that Elliot does this maybe not regularly, but often enough that it's hard for her to handle.

Anyway, IF Mr. Robot is in fact just a manifestation of memories for Elliot, it makes total sense to me that Mr. Robot would take on the form of his father. As I mentioned, the death of his father clearly was one of those events in a young person's life that shape what they are to become. Elliot's descent into what seems to us as the viewers to be a state of madness was CAUSED by the death of his father. So, he's using the memory of his father to justify what he's doing, and his imagination has conjured up this version of his father to "help" him with this plot against Evil Corp.

That's just my take on this so far.

I think that there's so much more to Elliot than we know right now, and I'm positive we won't find out half of it before this season ends. In the last meeting with his shrink, she told him that he had fulfilled his court ordered meetings. What happened that caused him to be required to attend these meetings?

All I can say is it's the only show on TV that I look forward to every week, and the only one that has my completely undivided attention. No phone near me, no laptop, no tablet, no talking to the wife...just viewing.

I'm gonna just say it...Rami Malek's performance as Elliot has been nothing short of amazing to me.

The way he plays the troubled individual is so spot on, and I can't help but feel the emotions that his character is feeling.

Eliot's rage at Mr Robot tonight was played so perfectly...just awesome.

I fully believe he deserves some thought come award season.

I was disappointed when I saw that it had been postponed, but then I read the reason and was happy that USA made the decision.

We can wait until next week in the wake of what happened today, especially if there's something similar in the show.

There was a report a while ago about a couple of actors joining the show. One of them is my favorite, actress Sandrine Holt (of Fear The Walking Dead, Resident Evil: Apoclypse, House of Cards and The L Word).

Seriously, I love watching Sandrine Holt! :D

sandrine-holt-the-returned.jpg

The past 2 episodes have been great. I loved this last one because we got to interact with the side characters Trenton and Mobley. Can't wait for next week.

I'm on the fence about this season so far..

I'm not a fan of the 'artsy'/fartsy' directing styles.. (dont explore/get crazy!.. stick the style of the pilot which was award winning!)

1.) I'm not 100% clear on HOW or even WHY Elliot is in Jail? (and how he gets out next episode then??)

2.) Just the last episode..
Darlene kill someone now?
WTF? really? And then the stuff with her boyfriend? (I'm not sure I l;ike the Darlene is becoming a 'major player'.. I liked her more as Elliots supportive sister/part of the group (not as a leader of anything.. not believable for me.. no charisma, her speeches stink!) haha

3.) The 'Mobley' thing.. just seem to quick and convenient (for me)

I get the first couple episodes need to do some 'character building'... and the relation between E & MR. R...

but now that the 'hack' is done (in season one).. I'm left thinking about the plots that we'll be getting?

I'm hoping it will still be good.. but doing all these crazy things make me feel like they are moving away from the core computer nerd/hacking that made me fall in love with the show in season 1

I get that episode.

Was a creative way to visually describe something (the out of body/mind elsewhere to handle the pain..yadda yadda)..

just didnt care for it personally.

It gave the series a 'cheese factor' that season 1 didnt have.

I think the pilot and most of season 1 had me so spoiled... I wanted/expected the same quality every episode/to continue! :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back