*FOUND!* Original part used on the other Jawa Rifle

andy19422

Sr Member
I was doing one of my usual ebay searches when a pic suddenly stopped me in my tracks. I recognized it instantly as luckily I had read this thread only a couple of days before. http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=46353&highlight=jawa+rifle Here is the Rifle in question

And this is the part that I saw
The part is the Exhaust Venturi for a 1930's De Havilland Dragon Rapide biplane, and there only around a dozen still flying in the World. You can see it mounted on the Exhaust in these pictures.

The part had a start price of £15 but I managed to buy it for £25:D Apparently the seller's late Father used to deal in Aircraft spares and interestingly got rid of all his De Havilland spares in the 70's, could these be the source of the parts used in the movie? Unfortunately he has no more and the chances of finding more are pretty slim.
Here are some more pics:)

Its funny, as just last Saturday, i was watching a couple of Dragon Rapides constantly taking off and landing before and after the flying legends airshow started at Duxford.

Keith.

And you never thought to sneak up and yank one off!

Its funny, as just last Saturday, i was watching a couple of Dragon Rapides constantly taking off and landing before and after the flying legends airshow started at Duxford.

Keith.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back