GHOSTBUSTERS Pre-Release - film discussion only, no social commentary please!

it's funny.. we've now had THREE ghostbusters films with essentially the same plot.

the only area that has shown us that this franchise can not only do more, but better, is the IDW comic and the animated series.

Hrm never thought of it but you're right....so this is like Transformers now? four films,all the same!

And I never thought I'd say this (I hoped I never would) but it looks like we're about to have something worse then GBII coming out :facepalm or even something that make two look like a good movie :wacko

I love this line..
>>Many people have assumed this is a new version of the original movie’s Stay Puft Marshmallow man, but it isn’t: this is Rowan,>>

Uhm....I guess they missed the part where he's smashing through buildings and about 100 feet tall?

Exactly. It may not be Mr. Stay Puft but they're clearly capitalizing on the imagery.

No thanks. Looks terrible. Every trailer I see backs up the leaked info that was on reddit a while back. I didn't want that info to be true, but it sure seems like it is. UGH.

Well, I added some sound effects to the fan trailer I made, what do you think? (yes, don't tell me the movie will be bad thanks xD) I actually love the visuals in there, really bright neon colours, special effects look great at least!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I added some sound effects to the fan trailer I made, what do you think? (yes, don't tell me the movie will be bad thanks xD) I actually love the visuals in there, really bright neon colours, special effects look great at least!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbFTidpW4pQ&feature=youtu.be

Cool! The ending could use some work though. I didn't like some of the flashing black frames when it didn't need to be there. But nicely done!

Edit: I may want to try out editing a version of my own when I have the time.

Ecto Cooler supposedly out in stores May 30th.
What does it taste like? If it's made out of real fruit, maybe it'd be a good soda substitute..

why do I feel like Chris Hemsworth is ironically going to be the best part of this thing? and not because what he's given is good ,but because he's the only one who looks like he's actually having fun being there?

cast also on ellen this wensday. less said about that the better ;o)

Also, according to feig newtons twitter:

Had 2 amazing test screenings of #Ghostbusters>>>

I somehow doubt they went well....unless purposedly filled up with supporters.

Ecto Cooler supposedly out in stores May 30th.
What does it taste like? If it's made out of real fruit, maybe it'd be a good soda substitute..

If I remember right, it tasted like the ingredients were sugar, water, and green. As for real fruit...again, my memory may be fuzzy, but I want to say it tasted like something that should glow in the dark.

I'm actually loving Emmas trailer. Vastly superior to the garbage official one.

If I remember right, it tasted like the ingredients were sugar, water, and green. As for real fruit...again, my memory may be fuzzy, but I want to say it tasted like something that should glow in the dark.

I'm actually loving Emmas trailer. Vastly superior to the garbage official one.

with the way people are building it up online, you'd think it was gods gift to drinking. I never tried it the first time around.

I actually liked that trailer edit too. much better than the released one.

The problem with trailers..

I actually LIKED the trailer to spy. then, when I went to watch the movie, because I was told that I couldn't judge a paul feig movie based on the trailer, because the movies are usually better than the trailers...? I'm actually tempted to rent Bridesmades off of amazon video and one other paul fig newton written movie just to see if they are all really that bad.

With FeigBusters, I'd like to think he's not in total %100 control, so there MIGHT be SOMETHING REDEEMABLE in it. however small. but I doubt it. With Peanuts, there where about 7 producers on that movie, along with feig, so I doubt he had any input on that...still not sure how or why they even approached him for it.

I want nothing to do with this movie for the most part but if they bring back ecto-cooler i'm at least getting it lol.

The re-release of Ecto Cooler is the only positive thing to come out of this whole debacle. Now if only they would bring back the Ninja Turtle pudding pies, I would be all set!

Every now and then you'll find something interesting on the imdb pages that may or may not sound true...
thought i'd pass this one along..

Could sony be that worried that they are hoping to soft release it in the hopes it vanishes quickly?

-edit - never mind. was reading the replies and apparently this was an australian theater. oh well, maybe it might not do good internationally ;o).

>>>>
Whilst waiting in line to see Cap America: Civil War, I was having a bit of a chat with a couple of the staff there. Saw the poster for the new Ghostbusters, and asked off-hand whether or not they thought it was going to be any good.

They looked at each other (one man, one lady) and then the lady quietly said, "It's only getting played on one screen at release, and only twice a day at most."

Most new releases get six screenings a day on two screens at this cinema.

This movie is dead before it's even started...>>>>

Last edited:
I can walk into a store for the first time truly in 25 years and buy Ghostbusters merchandise. Curse this reboot!

Ecto-Cooler and Slimer Twinkies come out in the next week. Curse this reboot and everything about it!

IMG_7846.JPG

I can walk into a store for the first time truly in 25 years and buy Ghostbusters merchandise. Curse this reboot!

Ecto-Cooler and Slimer Twinkies come out in the next week. Curse this reboot and everything about it!

View attachment 628216

I get your sarcasm/snark, but seriously, the logo shirt is exactly the same one that came out in the 80's, that you can buy online. Why are you so excited about reboot merchandise, and youre buying it before the movie is even out? What if you hate it? When you say youre a fan of the Ghostbusters, are you a fan of the logo? I dont understand.

I love me some Ecto Cooler, but they are just doing it to ride the nostalgia wave and to make money off people like us. Why not make some sort of new drink? Why is Slimer in it at all if the other movies never happened?

These are all raffle items for our local comic con next week. Up to about 200 bags of the marshmallows collected so far. When you're in a GB group like mine, it's a blessing to be able to actually easily find GB merch instead of having to have the local comic store special order it or buy it all online. Makes prepping for an event sooo much easier!

As for GB shirts, I'm up to ever a 100 now. Half vintage the rest new or the one day only ones.

I forgot to look for ecto cooler but sadly I'm sure people will be buying it off the shelves by tons to sell online like every other limited edition drink out there.

I should have my dad look for it while he's at work. One nice thing about him being at walmart, about the only thing is, he can have someone keep an eye out and let him know if it comes in.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back