GHOSTBUSTERS Pre-Release - film discussion only, no social commentary please!

Found this on IMDB. Supposedly a teaser trailer was shown in one movie theater in california.
Considering all the negative things about this movie, I would NOT be surprised if this scene was in there ;o).
despite the dubious claims of the unknown people talking about it ;o)

typical paul feig mo making men look stupid, arrogant, or ditzy. hell, we can do that on our own ;o).

12631477_10153788813390211_1465396996912863195_n.jpg

Last edited:
sometimes, even though I no longer feel the need to interact with some GB fan sites, it's still fun to see how the few people who will support this thing till doomsday comes are loosing their minds just like the rest of us ;o). I just can't believe that all the GB fan sites support this of their own free will, and not ONE of them is bashing it like the rest of the community. must be afraid of sony.
While I can't speak for other fans, just because I'm not bashing the reboot online doesn't mean I will support this thing till doomsday comes (sic). I'm keeping an open mind. It's pretty cool, you should try it sometime. Way less negative thoughts = happier quality of life. :)

I still don't understand why you constantly post about the reboot, even though you obviously aren't interested in it.

havn''t you ever had fun just letting loose and bashing something that, in your opinion, highly deserves it?

maybe I am of a different generation, but at this point, it's fun just seeing how bad it'll get.

havn''t you ever had fun just letting loose and bashing something that, in your opinion, highly deserves it?

maybe I am of a different generation, but at this point, it's fun just seeing how bad it'll get.

The reason you don't like it is because you have an expectation of what you think it should be, instead of just accepting what it is and realizing that it doesn't lessen the original. No matter how good it is, you can't enjoy it because you're already decided how horrible it is that you are incapable of seeing any positive about it and enjoying it.

It makes me feel really sorry for you.

I know it can never be the original, but I'm going to laugh and have a blast and enjoy it and have an awesome new 'Ghostbusters' experience while you're busy tearing down a new twist on a really awesome franchise.

At least reserve judgement until it comes out. Besides, it's hard to think of any movie that was more terrible than Ghostbusters2. That thing was a dumpster fire.

definitely not asking for pity ;o)

I can't enjoy this for the same reason why I can't enjoy Ninja Turtles directed by Michael bay.

Knowing how tough it is for people to take Turtles seriously, and knowing that turtles can be just as great as batman, or superman, or thor if the right person where involved that actually cared about the project...and then seeing the trash that we got with michael bay? Add to it, so many people who just enjoyed it once as a throw away popcorn flick, and never gave it a second thought after it made $450 million more than any other true turtle project before it? I'd rather the franchise die out than see it treated with such....disrespect, for lack of a less serious word for a silly comic franchise.

There are ways to do things right...and there are ways to do things cheap, and for a buck.
To me, that's just sad. I feel sorry for people like that who don't see the bigger franchise picture and are happy to just get anything so long as it has the same logo on it.

Ghostbusters is in the same boat. A guy in charge who could care less about it, unless he can bring his same old tired formula to something that shouldn't support it. Bay did it with turtles, bringing in the Transformers story mold almost to a T (And doing it again in the sequel it seems). Feig is doing it with Ghostbusters. JJ Abrahms did it to Star Trek. The fact that it turns out anything close to something resembling ghostbusters, is someone with smarts at sony TRYING to keep the project in check. although why they didn't act sooner to stop this and get creative with a full on sequel, who knows?

I personally feel sorry for the folks who don't stop and ask 'Why is this happening?'...and then find threads like this that thankfully explain WHY it's happening. or find the Sony emails and see HOW it happened. I've never been one to just enjoy the ride and go with the flow.

I think pessimism first, and if I'm pleasantly surprised later, I'll admit i'm wrong, and move on the next one.

To me, It's all part of the fun ;o).

Most welcome to start a positive ghostbusters thread. this one is enough for me and my fellow grumps to stick in ;o).

You've clearly got more time on your hands than I do.

I believe if you can't go through a wall, you go over it, under it, around it, walk away from it, but it seems a monster waste of time to just complain how you wish the wall was different and not what you wanted in a wall.

The one reality of life is that it moves on.

Sure, Star Wars had dark days.

The Holiday Special
15+ years of nothing
The Special Editions
The Prequels

After all that, I could have very easily seen The Force Awakens the same way you're going into Ghostbusters.

But why tear down and dwell on the negative, when you can be optimistic and maybe, just maybe, get a movie 1000x more awesome than you were hoping for.

New Ninja Turtles may stink now, after being awesome back in the day, but it's only a few years and a re-boot away from being awesome again.

But if you don't give it a fair chance, don't open your heart and mind to something amazing, than you're just bitter and petty.

Again, I'd feel sorry for 'ya. New Star Wars is pretty groovy, and I'm excited to see where the new Ghostbusters takes us.

I was in the movie theater when the very first Turtles movie came out, after reading the comic books as a kid. It was fun, it was neato, but it wasn't Shakespeare. It was a popcorn flick, and some popcorn flicks are better than others, and some are classics, but they're still popcorn flicks.

If I don't care for something, I can do that.

I liked the nolan batman films far more than the tim burton ones, for instance. minus their terrible take on the joker.

But if I care about something deeply, and it means something to me, I find it far harder to 'go in with an open mind'.

First I judge things based on the pre release material. usually my opinion on what I find fun is spot on. and it just snowballs on from there.

I went to see the first Bay Turtles in the theater. I was bored. I was cringing. I felt sorry for the kids who grew up with this version of the franchise because they didn't know what they where missing. I fear that since BAy hung on to transformers for so long, it may be a long while before someone who knows what makes turtles work gets a hold of it and does it right. and they may not even get the chance. the studio might see that putting little effort into something paid off the first time, so the next time they might give it to someone worse than bay. or, the fan base might change. you'll have all these new people who grew up on the bay turtles, and want more of THAT same..and the thing that is truly turtles is lost forever by a hollywood company that doesn't care so long as whatever they put out makes money.

and that's the problem with 'just accepting' what we are given and hope someone does it right the next time.

Just look at fantastic four. someone didn't get it right this time. the fans spoke. it tanked properly. if they are lucky, maybe marvel will get it back and try again in 10 years. if not, that's it for them and they'll just have to enjoy what little they got right before that.

If this movie tanks, and kills off the ghostbsters franchise, i'll be happy with that. GB 2 had it's flaws,but I liked 70% of it. lots of great quotes. it expanded the universe with the mood slime and slime blowers. it gave minor characters something new to do. (Tully and Janine)...sure, the plot may have been a carbon copy, because the cartoon kind of screwed them over on where they could have gone with out an audience of kids attached(notice they didn't show the containment unit)....but they still made a fun, re watchable movie.

because this project happened so unnaturally, starting with Bill Murray being an ass (rightfully so or not)....and then the death of harold ramis forcing sony's hand...I don't see that happening here. it got off on the wrong foot, it had a director not interested until he could meld the ghostbusters universe around his ideas rather than the other way around....
it just has disaster written all over it. and bill murray probably only approved it because he wasn't expecting to perform and it got the pressure off him.

and i'm not alone in thinking this way.
all part of the deeper part of loving how these things came together and what lead from part a, to part b.
I just can't be positive about these things as so many reboots failed to live up to potential.

I'm not looking for 'Shakespeare' either. that's another part of the argument that bothers me greatly. I want something that expands the mythos...delves into the characters...gives me fun and leaves me thinking. If I wanted 'popcorn', I'd go watch ID4.

Case in point. Go Watch 'Return to New York' from the 4Kids Turtles series. and then go watch 'Mikey gets Shellacne' from the new Nick Turtles series. the former I watch over and over again. the latter, I turned off in disgust. to me, the former is Shakespeare. the latter is popcorn.

Ghostbusters 1 is Shakespeare. We'll be lucky if FeigBusters is popcorn.

Last edited:
I do respect your position, I guess if it's something I don't have any control over (except for not buying a movie ticket) I've got too much going on in my life to devote as must time and energy as you do about a movie.

So if this "Ghostbusters" has a complete gender reversal does this mean Slimer AND Stay Puff will be women too? I suppose dickless cant get offended if his character is female, probably relieved to know she hasnt got one. I know these characters probably wont show up.... well Stay Puff anyway, but I would think a nod to the past (and untouchable) originals wouldnt go a miss with fans.

So if this "Ghostbusters" has a complete gender reversal does this mean Slimer AND Stay Puff will be women too? I suppose dickless cant get offended if his character is female, probably relieved to know she hasnt got one. I know these characters probably wont show up.... well Stay Puff anyway, but I would think a nod to the past (and untouchable) originals wouldnt go a miss with fans.

I get the feeling this project didn't have enough of its shoot together to have any clear attitude on how it would relate to the originals (jokes, tone, reverence, etc). They seemed to be making it up as they went along. And as the studio got angry & ordered changes.

I do respect your position, I guess if it's something I don't have any control over (except for not buying a movie ticket) I've got too much going on in my life to devote as must time and energy as you do about a movie.

. . . said the person talking on a sci-fi prop net forum, on a pre-release thread, about a remake/boot of a 35yo franchise, that doesn't even have a trailer yet.

When your beloved old show is getting remade and you don't like the sound of it, it's frustrating/disappointing. When the movie's cheerleaders make you feel sexist for daring to question it, that's more frustrating. When the remake appears to be blowing up in the studio's face later in the process, man, by then it feels vindicating.

I'm another in the camp who would rather hate on this movie than root for it. Sue me. That's just the feeling I get about the project.

I also enjoy Rifftrax shows more than watching those crappy old movies in their original form.

Last edited:
. . . said the person talking on a sci-fi prop net forum, on a pre-release thread, about a remake/boot of a 35yo franchise, that doesn't even have a trailer yet.

When your beloved old show is getting remade and you don't like the sound of it, it's frustrating/disappointing. When the movie's cheerleaders make you feel sexist for daring to question it, that's more frustrating. When the remake appears to be blowing up in the studio's face later in the process, man, by then it feels vindicating.

I'm another in the camp who would rather hate on this movie than root for it. Sue me. That's just the feeling I get about the project.

I also enjoy Rifftrax shows more than watching those crappy old movies in their original form.

exactly what I was going to post, but I don't think my point was getting through.

If you don't care about being passionate about these things, why is anyone even here? ;o)

the fact that the 'isn't Shakespeare' comment even came up shows to me probably not the biggest ghostbusters fan.
no fan who cares would use that tired old line ;o)

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/wel...ening-and-fine-tuning/vi-CCmKkb?refvid=CCnwtA

this also confirms the test screenings and reshoots...so i'm more likely to believe that link more than ever.

I also can't help but wonder if this was the feeling way back when feig and jones started attacking and bashing fans. isn't that what happened with fantastic four when they started to see the movie in rough cuts, as well?

or did the director wait until after it was released? can't remember ;o).

it just annoys the hell out of me that people are still making a big deal that it's an 'all female ghostbusters'. they can't just say 'new ghostbusters movie'. they have to say 'all female ghostbsuters cast...' almost like the studio is banking on that to save it and get the curiosity factor going.

the fact that the 'isn't Shakespeare' comment even came up shows to me probably not the biggest ghostbusters fan.
no fan who cares would use that tired old line ;o)

I've said it before, I was sitting in the movie theater watching Ghostbusters when it was a new movie before you were even in diapers. You have no idea how big a fan of Ghostbusters I am.

All you've done is show me that you just don't get it, and I really do feel sorry for you because you don't know anything about me. If you knew me, instead of tearing me down like you tear down virtually everything (I've read your Threads) you would not question what I like or question my fandom. All you've done is be disrespectful toward me.

You've even worth blocking to me. You really are clueless, and you've got my sympathy. Live in your world buddy, stay classy.

I can't believe the amount of effort being expended here. :lol

I, for one, think the movie is going to suck. Female Ghostbusters I'm cool with, the way in which it came around however gives me absolutely no confidence in this being any good at all.

So I won't buy a ticket. That's about it.

It's not worth anything more than that! Buy a ticket, don't buy a ticket, I don't care. I'll admit, based on how this film came about I'd rather it not succeed, but I'm not losing sleep over it. I'd suggest that others do the same!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back