Immortan Joe Progress Log - 3d Models, W.I.P. photos, and Con Results!

Re: Immortan Joe Progress Log - 3d Modelling and various other bits.

I got pretty far in the ordering process of the sports medal but they won't promise delivery until September 2 and they want £29 to ship a single £2 medal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, all the more reason just to 3d print the thing. It'd be cheaper by half just to order something from Shapeways. Give me a bit and I'll get a model done.

No rush, and thanks!

While we're sharing links, here's what I've got on the guns for cheap options.

One revolver seems to be a Colt .45 Peacemaker - the other is a Colt .357 Revolver. The Peacemaker is the gun Nux loses when he falls off the rig - the .357 is what Joe's plinking with from the driver's seat.

The .357 has a pretty good airsoft facsimile in the form of a UHC Airsoft Revolver. Bunch of these on eBay and the likes - model number is UA938s, where the S designation is for silver. I have two of these in black already, so I may just paint one up chrome, but it's a good, cheap option. They're also super fun to play with, by the by. Get the 6" one and enjoy.

The Peacemaker is a bit trickier. There's a bunch of crappy options, and there's no lack of overly-ornately-engraved plastic capgun versions of similar design. I ultimately went with a 'Cowboy Style 12 Shot Cap Revolver - Chrome' from collectorsarmoury. Generally, you might want to look for a "Gonher" brand Colt, which is what I think this is - they're on Amazon.co.uk, but not so much on the US side of the pond. I haven't received my order yet, but it's die-cast metal and I assume it looks enough of the part that it'd work. Be careful you don't get the wrong one - they have a version that's all filigreed up which is cool, but not accurate.

The handles on both guns, near as I can tell, should be black, so I may paint the peacemaker when it gets here.

Okay, I was wrong about the Peacemaker, then, but it's a damn close match. :D Wish I'd known about that site beforehand.

Although, it says the revolver Nux drops has an ivory handle. I don't think that's the case - near as I can tell, it was black. Anyone have any idea?

Yeah actually found this site off of a typo trying to going to IMDb it's a pretty awesome site The only thing it doesn't have on there that I want to know is what is on the end of their spears that explodes!?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438707639.112004.jpg
It does look like an ivory handle

Son of a bitch. Looks like I have some painting to do when it gets here.

Edit: Here's the best look I can get.

Honestly? I think having a black handle in one holster and an ivory handle in another looks a little goofy, but what do I know. It's the wasteland, beggars can't be choosers.

Last edited:

Just mailed everyone out my leftovers for the medals and the skull patches. Let me know if you have any questions about anything.

Just mailed everyone out my leftovers for the medals and the skull patches. Let me know if you have any questions about anything.

You're the best man so shiny so chrome

Thanks so much!!!

Close enough, I'd say. Might be really tricky to print, since it has some fiddly detail. We'll see!

I'm going to test it out and make sure it's a workable mesh, and then add it to the OP and Shapeways later tonight if it's good.

So incredibly helpful to so many of us! Thank you!

Awesome work Ein!!! Also you were pretty close on your first try with the scroll. Thank you again for doing all of these fantastic 3D models!

You too, huh? :)

I'm probably not going to use it in my car, though - 3d printed plastics in hot cars make me nervous. No desire to come back to a shifter that has melted into slag.

Son of a bitch. Looks like I have some painting to do when it gets here.

Edit: Here's the best look I can get.

http://i.imgur.com/DYqpynTh.jpg

Honestly? I think having a black handle in one holster and an ivory handle in another looks a little goofy, but what do I know. It's the wasteland, beggars can't be choosers.

If we want to get really particular, they look like mother of pearl.

If General Patton is to be trusted, this tells us that Joe was a pimp in a cheap New Orleans cathouse before the apocalypse.:p

Ebony and ivory together in perfect harmony[emoji445]

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back