Arkham Knight Scarecrow

tanman96

So in the midst of working on two spiderman costumes, I decided to get cracking on my Halloween costume for this year. Now I absolutely love the Arkham knight and asylum designs for Scarecrow, so I decided that instead of trying to know in every single detail, I'd put together my own interpretation based strongly on the Arkham Knight version. I had syringes and assorted vials at home from old allergy shots and science kits. I went to goodwill and got some great pants that I'll put a picture up of later. I then went to Joanne's and got an appropriate amount of burlap for the mask and some brown fabric that was in my budget for the coat. Right now I've mostly finished the mask and I am currently working on sewing the hood to the main portion of the coat. Best thing about scarecrow: all your hand stitching can be as messy as you want. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg Let me know what you think!

Last edited:
Re: Arkham inspired Scarecrow

I've been kinda busy so I haven't really been able to keep up with this build a lot which sucks. I've updated the mask to have teeth and it's now linen instead of burlap (more accurate to Arkham Knight). I also put together a rough mock up for the syringe glove, which the final version will be made of aluminum. image.jpgimage.jpg

Those syringes are dead on very impressive! I'm excited for when I finally get to start mine. Do you find the aluminum is fairly sharp at that thickness?

Those syringes are dead on very impressive! I'm excited for when I finally get to start mine. Do you find the aluminum is fairly sharp at that thickness?
Thanks! I actually didn't end up using aluminum because it was too difficult to cut into the tiny pieces that I needed.

Alright I've come a long way since the last post! Haha like I'm almost done. Basically all I have to do now is weather the crap out of the coat, put wire in the hood to give it the correct shape, and add the tubes leading from the syringes to the gauntlet. Other than that, I'm almost done. image.jpgimage.jpg

im trying to do one to. just cant find the right stuff. yours is the closest one that game accurate! it so amazing!

Thanks guys! I ended up using poster board. It was perfect since it's easy to cut into smaller, intricate pieces.

Re: I will drag you into oblivion - Arkham Knight Scarecrow

So I did a test run/photoshoot yesterday! Got some great reactions from passerbys and some even better pics. I'll post the pictures as soon as the photographer finishes editing them. I also now know what little things I need to tweak here and there before the next time I wear it. I put wire into the hood to give it a solid frame and I couldn't be more pleased! Here's a glance at the mostly finished product! I have a feeling I'll always be editing this thing ;P

Looks fantastic dude, may I ask, how did you go about attaching the respirator filters to the mask? I'm having a crack at making a Scarecrow costume, and this thread is amazing for some inspiration :)

Heres a couple of edits! Like I said, this shoot doubled as a trial run. I now know I need to readjust the hood wire to be a bit smaller, and I need to secure the canisters to the bomb vest. I am also planning to replace the smooth black tubes with ridged plastic black tubing. IMG_2459.JPGIMG_2461.JPGIMG_2464.JPGIMG_2463.JPGIMG_2472.JPGIMG_2476.JPG

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back