1/25 Pertwee Whomobile & 1/18 Jupiter 8 -- WIP

EricPeterson

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I haven't posted hereabouts for more than three and a half years, and then with a long-gone email and a forgotten handle. Some friends have been suggesting I post, however.

I thought it might be fun, someday, maybe, possibly, when I retire, to build resin kits of surface vehicles from science fiction which have never, in my
humble opinion, been adequately modeled. There's so much interest in the spacecraft... but the surface transport gets forgotten. Towards that end I
started building highly detailed virtual models of some of my short list's line items -- those subjects that interest me -- with design intended
expressly for stereolithography. Well, the tech keeps changing and I don't need to send stuff off to an STL service bureau. Having recently gained
access to a brand spanking new 3D printer, I've finally gotten to test and output some of those digital models.

The virtual replica for the second version of Jon Pertwee's Doctor's Whomobile:

V2_FrontQtrRight.jpg

V2_FrontQtrRight_Exp.jpg

And the first ABS parts off the printer, in 1/25:

Model02_3DP_08.jpg

Model02_3DP_09.jpg

Model02_3DP_10.jpg

Here's another:

FrontQtr.jpg

FrontQtrExp.jpg

The Jupiter 8 -- AKA Supercar -- from a Bewitched episode, of all things -- AKA Catwoman's Car -- actually Gene Winfield's Citroen-based Reactor show car, is just too dainty in 1/25, a fact made all too clear by my 1/25 PLA test shots. This is the first ABS body off the printer, in 1/18, about 255 mm long:

Model04_3DP_MainBody_1-18_01.JPG

Model04_3DP_MainBody_1-18_02.JPG

Obscurity is beautiful.

- ep

Hello Eric, the Whomobile parts are just gorgeous. I've joined the RPF simply because of them! I can't wait to see more parts, Im not sure if here is the right place to enquire about buying off you (as I say, complete newbie - 7mins and counting) but hopefully it is. Again fantastic 3D printer work. hope to speak soon.

Excellent Eric, excellent. And fun subjects too. I am trying to get the Condorman car in 3D but my Freecad skills are woefully lacking. I envy your capabilities.
I advise you to post your results to on the excellent car modelling forum of Spotlight hobbies (http://wwwboard2.spotlighthobbies.com/cgi-bin/bbs62x/webbbs_config.pl?md=index), they will be surprised by your original contribution, especially that Gene Winfield car (which also appeared in the Mission Impossible TV series) will ring a bell there.

At least you've put your absence to good use :lol -- Outstanding work! That Whomobile is a must have.

Last edited:
the who-mobile alien car looks cool.

the Reactor show car also did a spot with Shatner. Star Trek episode "Bread and Circuses"
star-trek-earth-episode-ride.jpg

also as catwoman's ride in Batman??
Catwoman-Reactor.jpg

Attachments

• 6fbdee5f4042a64a523474a1fbe4a50b.jpg
    6fbdee5f4042a64a523474a1fbe4a50b.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 132
Hi Eric,

I am a volunteer at Questacon Science Centre in Canberra. I'm most interested in your Whomobile 3D model as I want to build a 1:2 scale replica.
Are you able to supply me with any of your 3D model files to help with my build? If there is a cost involved, I am happy to contribute. Thanks... Andrew

Well, another 18 months gone. Too many things to do. Too many projects. Too little time. And I need to find a way to set this forum's settings so I get notification of any replies.

Firstly, no, I'm sorry, I can't release or distribute any of the Whomobile models. Not only do they rely in part on information provided to me in confidence by people closer to the subject -- which is also true of the StarCar, and SHADO Mobile Semi Transporter, and Battle Jitney -- but I've experienced the consequences of unintended redistribution and usage. In the mid-'90s someone used one of my ST starship models, released for educational purposes in the old CIS-3D area, in advertising. It was only my contacts at a publishing arm of Viacom, for whom I was developing some textbooks, that kept me out of federal court for trade dress infringement.

I'm about to post some updates to these projects -- new subjects, as I've abandoned these scales.

Thank you people for all the kind words.

Hi Eric,

I am a volunteer at Questacon Science Centre in Canberra. I'm most interested in your Whomobile 3D model as I want to build a 1:2 scale replica.
Are you able to supply me with any of your 3D model files to help with my build? If there is a cost involved, I am happy to contribute. Thanks... Andrew

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back