Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

well, I'll be looking for certain things once the reviews hit, I'm losing confidence I have to say.
This could go off the rails fast, I'm nowhere near as confident as I was for R1.

Please don't bone this up!

Looks like the force awakens cockpit, so hopefully this is just a photoshoot, and production is making a cockpit that at least looks closer to the ANH version

I doubt it. It's already an amalgam of ANH and ESB, and I think it's part of the current producers' "how you remember it" approach. I think this is intended to be the "way it always was" official Falcon cockpit regardless of era.

I doubt it. It's already an amalgam of ANH and ESB, and I think it's part of the current producers' "how you remember it" approach. I think this is intended to be the "way it always was" official Falcon cockpit regardless of era.

Hmm... I think I see what you're saying... but if they're going to use the TFA cockpit as a "how you remember it" amalgam, as you say... come on, at least take out the yokes.

But the second I see five landing gear in a trailer or leak, I'm done, I'm out, finished! Iffy casting is one thing, but that would just drive me nuts...

Hmm... I think I see what you're saying... but if they're going to use the TFA cockpit as a "how you remember it" amalgam, as you say... come on, at least take out the yokes.

But the second I see five landing gear in a trailer or leak, I'm done, I'm out, finished! Iffy casting is one thing, but that would just drive me nuts...

My thoughts exactly..

J

Or like the Vader shoulder armor over the inner cloak thing. In all pics before R1 he had the armor over the inner cloak, in the entirety of the movie the inner cloak was running over the armor.

Andrea Smith, spokeswoman for the southwest Missouri sci-fi convention, said Peter Mayhew was called to London to begin filming Star Wars: Episode VIII. “They start filming tomorrow,” Smith said Wednesday. “There was another convention this weekend; he had to cancel that, too. It’s not just us, it’s like, seven conventions.”

M

What's the source and date for this? Please provide a link. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

No matter how much I squint at that photo, I just can't see Han Solo in it.
All I see is prince Henry from Ever After[emoji38]
c20a5683b33ae5189afc027cbfe19c7f.jpg

My thoughts exactly..

J

I dunno guys (and I'm not saying this angrily, heh), but come on... I know it means a lot to some people, but the original trilogy didn't care about little things prop wise flick to flick. IF they did, I wouldn't have 24 lightsabers when only 3 guys held them in the 3 flicks, and only one of them had 2 different lightsabers (story wise).

Vaders helmet is all over the place... you're not supposed to believe he had 3 different helmets. Same with Han's blaster... it's not supposed to be 3 different ones.

As much as I love attention to detail, 5 landing gears is a weird deal breaker. Whatever happened to story?

But there are FIVE landing gear instead of three!

I think if the story is good and he can pull of some of Han's mannerisms it will work.

I took the refute of 5 landing gear pre ANH as good humor and so should you!

ha ha... on this site? I could never guess if someone was serious or not.

I don't even know how many landing gears there are, so I would completely miss if it was a joke.

Well, at the very least they seem to be sticking to a May 25th release date.

I'm too lazy, somebody photoshop a Falcon with three dozen landing gear ;)

To me the cast looks promising, but I stand by my assessment that nothing they commit to film will live up to fan expectations and is sure to disappoint. I'm sure Disney thinks that it's a surefire hit, I mean who doesn't love Han Solo, but does anyone really want to see Han before he became "Han Solo" as we knew him from ANH? I mean really? It's likely going to end up like a sheet with boxes that need to get checked off.

Boxes:

1. Meets Chewbacca
2. Wins Falcon from Lando in a game of space poker
3. Does the Kessel Run in less than 12 Parsecs
4. Takes on a job from Jabba that he has to abandon when boarded by Imperials
5. Comes across Jedi but dismisses it as a hokey religion

We already know all of this just by watching the OT. Any Star Wars fan worth their salt already knows this stuff and has 40 years of ideas on how it all played out.

I don't know. I hope that I'm wrong. I really do.

To me the cast looks promising, but I stand by my assessment that nothing they commit to film will live up to fan expectations and is sure to disappoint. I'm sure Disney thinks that it's a surefire hit, I mean who doesn't love Han Solo, but does anyone really want to see Han before he became "Han Solo" as we knew him from ANH? I mean really? It's likely going to end up like a sheet with boxes that need to get checked off.

Boxes:

1. Meets Chewbacca
2. Wins Falcon from Lando in a game of space poker
3. Does the Kessel Run in less than 12 Parsecs
4. Takes on a job from Jabba that he has to abandon when boarded by Imperials
5. Comes across Jedi but dismisses it as a hokey religion

We already know all of this just by watching A New Hope. Any Star Wars fan worth their salt already knows this stuff and has 40 years of ideas on how it all played out.

I don't know. I hope that I'm wrong. I really do.

I don't see why they would commit that much to one Han Solo film when the have potential for doing several films.

They will certainly cover two or three on your list but I think Disney Has grander plans. Heck a good Han Solo film can inspire it's own spinoffs.

But that's my point. Does anyone even want to see any of those things on film? I mean they run the risk of doing exactly what Lucas did when he made the Prequels and it split the fandom apart.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back