Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

Is there anything they won't do to destroy the star wars I grew up to love.

R1 was a box office success, sure. But as a Star Wars film, for each way in which it succeeded, there were twice as many ways in which it failed. And that's being generous to the film.

The Wook

R1 didn't fail. I feel like it needs re-cutting. Some stuff needs to be taken out and some things that were surely edited out need to be put back in. There are solid bones there.

R1 didn't match a SW episode movie on the whole and it didn't try to. Same universe, different tone & intents & expectations.

There was speculation here, and elsewhere on the internets, that this movie would be pushed from May of '18 to December of '18, given the box office successes of TFA and R1--both launched over Christmas. Disney's only reluctance to do so was that Avatar 2 was scheduled for a Christmas '18 launch. And then just last week, Cameron announced Avatar would not be ready in time. Which, presumably, cleared the way for Solo to premiere uncontested in December of '18. But now, with this news, Disney may be discouraged from a push back after all.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/aquaman-release-date-pushed-back-2-months-200112216.html

I say the hell with Aquaman, push Solo to December, and do everything possible to make the film good, true to the character, and true to Star Wars.

The Wook

Sounds like Woody is having fun.

They always say the same thing in these interviews. It's all campaign speak. Evidently every movie ever made has a brilliant director and really talented star. Just once it'd be great if someone spoke honestly in an interview. "So and so is a total ass clown. HATE him. But, he's a hard worker. Director can't control him, but the movie may still be great. Hard to say." Anyway...

As per Bob Iger: Han Solo movie will follow him from age 18 through 24 and show him finding the Falcon, meeting Chewbacca, and getting his name, Iger says

Last edited by a moderator:

I knew it was going to be a prequel/ origin story. SMH.

:facepalm

It's not a good idea. I mean, Sheev Palpatine. Freakin Sheev.....

What else can be said about a young Han Solo movie other than I hope Disney understands that this film with be just as divisive to the fan base as the prequels. As for Rogue One I think the problem was that it HAD no story. It had a very clear plot but no real character arcs for Jyn or her crew to really give a crap about them. I know I'm in the minority on this but I'm not really big on Rogue One. I didn't hate it, but I think it is overrated. I digress.

Young Han Solo at 18. Does anyone even WANT to see that?

...show him finding the Falcon, meeting Chewbacca, and getting his name

So what that means is... winning the Falcon in a game of Sabaac, saving Chewbacca and doing the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs. They really need to explain how he gets his chin scar, his black vest, the blood stripes on his pants... and probably throw in an "easter egg" about the silver dice in the Falcon cockpit. Am I missing anything?

Last edited by a moderator:

So what that means is... winning the Falcon in a game of Sabaac, saving Chewbacca and doing the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs. They really need to explain how he gets his chin scar, his black vest, the blood stripes on his pants... and probably throw in an "easter egg" about the silver dice in the Falcon cockpit. Am I missing anything?

I guess they could flesh out his marriage to the alien chick in the Cantina on Mos Eisly that he was supposedly with.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back