Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

I don't need to know everything about a characters past. I'd rather some new side stories in the Vader with new characters in that era. A lot of battles and things were going on then. It might be a good film, the Han Solo one I mean, but the actor doesn't really look the part to me.
I want to see Vader exterminate all the Jedi. I have read about it, seen it in comics, I want to see the live action movie treatment. If there is anyone from Disney reading these threads, make a movie about Vader kicking ass! :devil

I saw Alden in Hail Ceasar. Boring movie BTW but he was quite good for only having a smaller role. I can see why they cast him as Han. With the right costume and hair I think he can pull it off. The problem will be the script. It's going to be fan service at it's worst.

Yeah, I watched Alden in HC and thought he was pretty good. But I also saw him in "Beautiful Creatures". I don't doubt he has some acting talent but more than anything else its his lack of physical presence that hampers him, certainly in comparisson to Ford. He must have turned in one hell of an audition to overcome that immediately obvious natural disadvantage.
I've also read some of the comments here about Woody H. I really would urge people who might doubt his acting chops to watch some of his later stuff. He is simply brilliant in "True Detectives". And if this is going to be a lighter hearted caper type SW movie then he is pretty damn perfect as Hans older role model (just watch "Seven Psycopaths /Zombieland if you have any doubts ).
And interestingly, physically Harrelson, though he often looks like a large powerful bloke, is just an inch or so taller than Alden. If you look at the entire cast, which is actually a pretty impressive one overall, it looks like the actors have been cast around Alden to make his height disadvantage disappear, much like they manage to do with many Tom Cruise films.
Overall, as far as I am concerned this is a bigger risk for Disney/Lucas film than any other they might have chosen to do BUT it also has possibly one of the best chances to deliver a great fun SW movie along the lines of the best Marvel movies.
But they really need to nail the story .A successful action movie with a good deal of comedy in it is one of the most difficult scripts to write. If they don't deliver one that is completed with strong dialogue and character moments its going to be tough to win over the older SW crowd.
I remain hopeful though.

He must have turned in one hell of an audition to overcome that immediately obvious natural disadvantage.

I think they had pretty much decided on Alden before the auditioning process even started.

Overall, as far as I am concerned this is a bigger risk for Disney/Lucas film than any other they might have chosen to do BUT it also has possibly one of the best chances to deliver a great fun SW movie along the lines of the best Marvel movies.

That kind of show has become the most cookie-cutter thing on earth right now. Han Solo as a reluctant member of the Avengers? Or as Chris Pratt in GOTG? I'm completely worn out on it already.

Imagine young Han Solo with a bronze tan & big muscles, in a sleeveless shirt, with a bright-colored hot rod spaceship, saying "I live my life 1/4-parsec at a time." Same principle. I like the F&F movies and that idea still makes me cringe.

'Fast & Furious Solo' might be fun for 2 hours. There might even be room for that kind of movie somewhere in the SW universe. But it's not what I wanted for a Han solo movie. Same goes for Han & Lando & Chewie being re-imagined as Marvel-type heroes.

Last edited:

I saw R1 again last weekend and I was reminded how fortunate I am to have an expanded Star Wars universe on the big screen. Sorta reminds me of reading my Star Wars Marvel comics as a kid.

Looking forward to more with the Han Solo movie (s). Where R1 was dark (and I loved it), hoping Han Solo to he a little more of a fun space romp. Not Guardians of the Galaxy sillyness (I also love that in a different way) but I hope the adventure aspect is there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LOL

"Red Cup"

- - - Updated - - -

ALSO ! ! ! :

zzzzz16298843_10211405464310310_9202582211794711502_n.jpg

That pic makes me so annoyed and makes me lose hope this will be as good as it could be.

Okay what am I missing?

Is it because the blaster is different than in ANH? Why is that a big deal... they were different in every movie....

Is it something else?

Okay what am I missing?

Is it because the blaster is different than in ANH? Why is that a big deal... they were different in every movie....

Is it something else?

Because I'm weird and also: They did the TFA blaster which is an effort to SORTA get the ANH feel, without actually just doing it right. It's like the half-assed eBay specials you used to see. It just really irks me that they TRIED to get the ANH... ish... sorta... but just didn't go the full effort to do it right. Heck, they even had FULL ACCESS to all archive material...

Because I'm weird and also: They did the TFA blaster which is an effort to SORTA get the ANH feel, without actually just doing it right. It's like the half-assed eBay specials you used to see. It just really irks me that they TRIED to get the ANH... ish... sorta... but just didn't go the full effort to do it right. Heck, they even had FULL ACCESS to all archive material...

Okay, figured! Yeah I don't get why they wouldn't just get it EXACT when they could, but it doesn't bother me like the thin "Graflex" in ROTS.

I'm personally stoked... I've been following Phil Lord and Chris Miller since they sold a show on a napkin (Clone High). Big nerds, like JJ, and their movies always have heart and fun.

Plus Donald Glover is such brilliant casting I would watch if it was just a young Lando movie.

I just have one story need... I don't want to see the Falcon won from Lando. End the movie with it still being Lando's ship.

It makes the Empire Strikes Back reunion so much more interesting if you watch in timeline order.

Han Solo movie ends with the Falcon being Lando's, then in Empire when Han now owns the Falcon and flies it to Bespin, there's a better reason for that first "faked" tension... "Why you slimy, double-crossing no-good swindler. You got a lot of guts coming here, after what you pulled"

Who is saying that is actually Han's blaster? There are a few others as well that resemble the ESB blasters being used. Of course time will tell on that though.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back