Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

1977: "It's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs."

2017: "I live my life 1/4-parsec at a time . . . "

Am I the only one who never saw Han Solo as the fonz?

To me, when he was bragging about his legacy with the falcon in ANH, I saw him as a huckster, not a famous legend.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Well yeah, he was putting on a show for the old man he thought had never been anywhere to justify his price.
One could argue there never was a Kessel run at all. He was just tossing out nonsense. And it does sound like nonsense.
But outrunning imperials he sounded dead serious and we saw him do so.

The more this thread continues, the more I realise this bad idea of a movie is really happening. I feel like I'm going to pay to watch a movie I don't wanna see and what if it turns out to be good? Then I'll just be annoyed. :facepalm

OMG, you're right! AND that was the worst ******* movie. Took my first date to it and we walked out not even halfway through. One of two movies that I've ever done that.
Blasphemy! Ice Pirates is an American treasure!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bring back the dice!

Attachments

• IMG_4733.JPG
    IMG_4733.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 77

The more this thread continues, the more I realise this bad idea of a movie is really happening. I feel like I'm going to pay to watch a movie I don't wanna see and what if it turns out to be good? Then I'll just be annoyed. :facepalm
Yup....sadly enough the new Baywatch movie seems more interesting to me

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but that is what I've been saying since the movie was announced. I still feel that way.
The casting and the look we've seen of Alden Ehrenreich (so far, at least) sure is making this more and more feel like it to me.

The casting and the look we've seen of Alden Ehrenreich (so far, at least) sure is making this more and more feel like it to me.
The casting of Alden makes me think of the scene in Lynch's "Mulholland Drive" ; "This is the girl..... This is the girl."

He did admit in TFA that it was an exaggeration. But it would have been funnier if he said that there was no such thing.

I suppose you're suggesting that because he didn't correct Rey by saying, "LESS than 12 parsecs", instead of saying, "12 parsecs", that that amounts to a admission he'd exaggerated in ANH, and in fact, he'd made the run in 12 parsecs, but not less?

Is that what you're saying? If so, I think that's a major stretch.

Having said that, it's stupid that Disney didn't have him shout out, "LESS THAN 12!", in that scene. One of the many stupidities in TFA.

The Wook

Just when you think the designs in Star Wars couldn't get any worse....

Move over Resistance Transport, this Imperial speeder bike, or whatever it's supposed to be, is the new contender for laziest design ever. I'm starting to pity the licensees who paid good money to produce merchandise of this junk.

I suppose you're suggesting that because he didn't correct Rey by saying, "LESS than 12 parsecs", instead of saying, "12 parsecs", that that amounts to a admission he'd exaggerated in ANH, and in fact, he'd made the run in 12 parsecs, but not less?

Oh... I remembered him admitting to it being more than 12... I don't have TFA awakens memorized like the original trilogy. ;)

Just when you think the designs in Star Wars couldn't get any worse....

Move over Resistance Transport, this Imperial speeder bike, or whatever it's supposed to be, is the new contender for laziest design ever. I'm starting to pity the licensees who paid good money to produce merchandise of this junk.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/resources/images/6377330/?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

He is going to plow the Imperial corn fields. Wonder how many parsecs will that take...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back