Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

Maybe someone could give us the backstory of Elliot from The Searchers or The Man with No Name as well.

Review_BobaFettKaminoSWS_stillB.jpg

Oooh! Maybe we could get to see him make the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs. 2hours of mottled blue hyperspace. :thumbsdown

I still wonder if Jango's head was still in that helmet :lol

Nah... you see two shadows flying off. One is his helmet, one is his head. I'm sure it got kicked around quite a bit during the fracas. :p

But we digress...

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't want to see origins, I don't want "easter eggs" showing this or that previously mentioned events, I don't want him to have a "mentor", I don't want how Han met Chewie.
I want a space western yarn about a tough gun slinging space cowboy who is rather the self centered jerk anti-hero pursuing his quest for money. And no I don't want to know why he became a self centered jerk. We all know why people end up that way anyways, hard life grinds people down. You don't need to show it. Besides he gets along with Chewie and that is the place he can show his sympathetic side being his loyal pal.

Odds are slim for me huh? LOL

I agree! Nobody asks how the "Man with No Name" (Clint Eastwood) became the way he did. He just is. And that's ok by most! Leave some the characters past in the past. Leave it to each person's individual imagination to create that story.

I don't want to see origins, I don't want "easter eggs" showing this or that previously mentioned events, I don't want him to have a "mentor", I don't want how Han met Chewie.
I want a space western yarn about a tough gun slinging space cowboy who is rather the self centered jerk anti-hero pursuing his quest for money. And no I don't want to know why he became a self centered jerk. We all know why people end up that way anyways, hard life grinds people down. You don't need to show it. Besides he gets along with Chewie and that is the place he can show his sympathetic side being his loyal pal.

Odds are slim for me huh? LOL

RIP star wars. twas fun while it lasted.

Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

I agree! Nobody asks how the "Man with No Name" (Clint Eastwood) became the way he did. He just is. And that's ok by most! Leave some the characters past in the past. Leave it to each person's individual imagination to create that story.

Actually, I seem to recall dates on tombstones in the cemetery (after he's beaten) indicating that FISTFUL OF DOLLARS takes place after the Civil War, and … THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY is Civil War timeframe…? Don't remember about FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE.

Now, I'm beginning to seriously worry that someone will do a 2001: a space odyssey prequel ... yeah, let's see the Clavius Base personnel discovering TMA-1 ... maybe show the preparing of the Discovery Jupiter mission. Zac Efron or Jake Gyllenhaal would be a great Dave Bowman, and Channing Tatum Frank Poole. Then show the events of 2001 from the POV of Heywood Floyd and the Astronautics Council on earth. Y'know we've all been longing to see that.... X-|

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This goes back some years now, it's animated and a gag ending, but I thought they were generally in the right place...

Last edited by a moderator:

Now, I'm beginning to seriously worry that someone will do a 2001: a space odyssey prequel ... yeah, let's sell the Clavius Base personnel discovering TMA-1 ... maybe show the preparing of the Discovery Jupiter mission. Zac Efron or Jake Gyllenhaal would be a great Dave Bowman, and Channing Tatum Frank Poole. Then show the events of 2001 from the POV of Heywood Floyd and the Astronautics Council on earth. Y'know we've all been longing to see that....

Don't worry too much about it. IMO the original 2001:ASO doesn't have the popularity among younger viewers. Everyone loves the influence it had but nobody wants to sit through the original. Younger people have mostly heard of it or maybe seen a few bits on TV, but it's not a familiar movie to them on the whole.

Batguy, it doesn't matter whether an old property is popular with younger viewers. That's why Kojiro's idea of a prequel is so spot on. Movie execs believe resurrecting an old idea and casting it with popular people is the easiest way to make money for the studio. They don't have to waste time trying to think of something to do. I'm sure there are a lot of kids out there who have no idea that Captain Kirk is a character born from 60s television.

Hell, remember when they made the first Mission Impossible movie in '96 and Martin Landau showed up at the premiere? Kennedy from MTV interviewed him and had no idea why he was there...He let her have it.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/101196/martin-landau-berates-kennedy.jhtml

Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

How about showing us how Rick and Ilsa first met? They could call it "We'll Always Have Paris".
That could be the culmination of a movie about his gunrunning in Spain and Africa (IIRC).

Of course, the character Rick in Casablanca is who he is after Paris, so he'd be very different prior to meeting Ilsa. They'd have to invent new drama.... Oh, the fakeness, the fakeness….

Don't worry too much about it. IMO the original 2001:ASO doesn't have the popularity among younger viewers. Everyone loves the influence it had but nobody wants to sit through the original. Younger people have mostly heard of it or maybe seen a few bits on TV, but it's not a familiar movie to them on the whole.
Not sure you got the manicurist's dish of sarcasm that I soaked my post in. But…

Batguy, it doesn't matter whether an old property is popular with younger viewers. That's why Kojiro's idea of a prequel is so spot on. Movie execs believe resurrecting an old idea and casting it with popular people is the easiest way to make money for the studio. They don't have to waste time trying to think of something to do. I'm sure there are a lot of kids out there who have no idea that Captain Kirk is a character born from 60s television.…
Hear, hear. Kirk was (in Roddenberry's shorthand), half Hornblower, half Hamlet. To which I imagine some young writers saying, "Who? and who?" I saw nothing of those origins in New Coke Trek. They just saw Kirk as Standard Issue Action Movie Young Punk Hero. (*yawn*)

Someone would see a 2001 vehicle as "all about those aliens and the monolith and the supercomputer." The film was about so much more that I imagine younger viewers can't grasp.

Wow. She sounds ... so bored. And it takes talent to sound interesting while you're bored.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hear, hear. Kirk was (in Roddenberry's shorthand), half Hornblower, half Hamlet. To which I imagine some young writers saying, "Who? and who?" I saw nothing of those origins in New Coke Trek. They just saw Kirk as Standard Issue Action Movie Young Punk Hero. (*yawn*)

You hit the nail on the head once again. I was not even born yet when the original Star Trek was on - first introduced to reruns in the 70s. So, being a punk kid, I don't have any appreciation for where Kirk's character comes from in literature or plays. I don't care a lick about Shatner's stage resume, either. But, that background was important to how Shatner played Kirk, for the most part.

Same goes for Star Wars. Lucas culled the characters and themes from things that I don't know much or anything about. But, it was new and exciting to us as kids, even if it was basically Saturday morning serials done in a more professional way. (Although, it appears the English crew didn't think much of the production quality. :lol)

Interesting thought I had,if somebody hasn't mentioned it already,but be fun if they open the movie a few years before TFA kicks off and it's Luke and Han sitting around talking about the old days and Han starts to tell Luke about how it all began.

Interesting thought I had,if somebody hasn't mentioned it already,but be fun if they open the movie a few years before TFA kicks off and it's Luke and Han sitting around talking about the old days and Han starts to tell Luke about how it all began.

Let me tell ya about the time I learned to play the baby sax, kid....

Well I don't know if Ford would do that. They could have the characters post TFA reminiscing at Han's funeral, then have Chewie tell it. :lol

Ford did a cameo like that for Young Indy. I see no reason why he wouldn't do it again for Han. Not now anyway.

In that past he might have avoided it so the whole world wouldn't bug him to play the role again for real. But now he's done that & got the T-shirt.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back