Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748
Subscribe
    From
    Iowa (Capt. Kirk's home state)
    9 Hours Ago  Mar 29, 2017, 11:51 AM - Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo) #1176

KojiroVance said: View Post
    Hear, hear. Kirk was (in Roddenberry's shorthand), half Hornblower, half Hamlet. To which I imagine some young writers saying, "Who? and who?" I saw nothing of those origins in New Coke Trek. They just saw Kirk as Standard Issue Action Movie Young Punk Hero. (*yawn*)
    You hit the nail on the head once again. I was not even born yet when the original Star Trek was on - first introduced to reruns in the 70s. So, being a punk kid, I don't have any appreciation for where Kirk's character comes from in literature or plays. I don't care a lick about Shatner's stage resume, either. But, that background was important to how Shatner played Kirk, for the most part.

Same goes for Star Wars. Lucas culled the characters and themes from things that I don't know much or anything about. But, it was new and exciting to us as kids, even if it was basically Saturday morning serials done in a more professional way. (Although, it appears the English crew didn't think much of the production quality. )
    9 Hours Ago  Mar 29, 2017, 11:56 AM - Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo) #1177

Interesting thought I had,if somebody hasn't mentioned it already,but be fun if they open the movie a few years before TFA kicks off and it's Luke and Han sitting around talking about the old days and Han starts to tell Luke about how it all began.
    8 Hours Ago  Mar 29, 2017, 12:52 PM - Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo) #1178

Krull said: View Post
    Interesting thought I had,if somebody hasn't mentioned it already,but be fun if they open the movie a few years before TFA kicks off and it's Luke and Han sitting around talking about the old days and Han starts to tell Luke about how it all began.
    Let me tell ya about the time I learned to play the baby sax, kid....
    From
    Miamisburg, OH (near Dayton)
    13 Minutes Ago  Mar 29, 2017, 9:26 PM - Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo) #1179

Krull said: View Post
    Well I don't know if Ford would do that. They could have the characters post TFA reminiscing at Han's funeral, then have Chewie tell it.