Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

Sorry but I can't get with this one - Rogue one, yes a big thumbs up to it - new characters brilliant.
This - noooooooooooo! (a la EPIII)

How this isn't going to feel like a parody, I don't know....

Totally agree. The two directors' pedigree doesn't instill confidence either that this isn't gonna amount to much more than a glorified buddy comedy/SNL sketch. Considering their Han Solo casting, my vote is for Kenan Thompson to play Lando...or at this point, maybe Han...

Totally agree. The two directors' pedigree doesn't instill confidence either that this isn't gonna amount to much more than a glorified buddy comedy/SNL sketch. Considering their Han Solo casting, my vote is for Kenan Thompson to play Lando...or at this point, maybe Han...

Oh, man . . . if they could get the two new Han/Lando actors on SNL sometime, and have them swap the roles . . . it might really be hilarious if they were willing to dig into each other enough.

This whole thing is now reminding me of that horrible Starsky & Hutch movie. Ugh!

So someone tell me again why it was so important for them to cast a "real" actor in this instead of A newbie like Ingruber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with most people here, Han Solo's story was told from ANH to TFA, no need to elaborate on it with a spinoff. Just why? I mean a Lando spinoff could be good, with a Han cameo, but a whole movie? Or a whole trilogy?! Part of the appeal of Han is that he's basically your everyday, smuggling scoundrel, that you know nothing about, who undergoes a character transformation, and that's his story.

Exactly. His entire character arc has been told. Does anybody need to be witness to him meeting Chewbacca? Do we really need to see him win the Falcon from Lando? Do the Kessel Run in under 12 Parsecs? Drop his shipment at the first sign of an Imperial starship?

Prequels almost always suck. Especially Star Wars Prequels.

Exactly. His entire character arc has been told. Does anybody need to be witness to him meeting Chewbacca? Do we really need to see him win the Falcon from Lando? Do the Kessel Run in under 12 Parsecs? Drop his shipment at the first sign of an Imperial starship?

Prequels almost always suck. Especially Star Wars Prequels.
You just KNOW that they're gonna show us all of that

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

All they need do is tell a rollickin' space cowboy yarn, don't beat everyone up with easter eggs.
As I said before we don't need or want to know why the cowboy is the cowboy. He just is.
So fingers crossed.

Before we get carried away, George Lucas isn't writing this, Larry Kasdan & son are

J

Don't forget one of Georges ideas to shoehorn Han Solo into ROTS,....& push stupid things like Jango bumping his head,....the origin of Boba etc.....

The universally excepted finest SW film is ESB,....compare the writing of that film & TFA to the Prequels?

Screen Shot 2016-08-14 at 22.14.24.png

J

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back