Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

Y
I'll admit that I've been a big supporter of Ingruber's because he looks and sounds a little like Ford. And, I know he's pretty green in the acting department. But, I'm of the mind that anyone can act, if they really want to do it. And I believe Ingruber can do it, if he get's the right vehicle and some guidance, good directing. Besides, he seems like a really good guy and he's a fan who's really interested in doing justice to whatever they have for him. I don't know what he's doing about securing real acting roles (not Star Wars or Indiana Jones), but he should be going after whatever he can to build up his resume and prove himself to those who think he's just an impressionist.

It's worth noting that the casting team over at LucasFilm is pretty outstanding. TFA has proven their salt at finding new, young, incredible talent. IF Ingruber actually did a test and they passed on him it was 99% likely the correct decision for the film they are trying to make.

It's worth noting that the casting team over at LucasFilm is pretty outstanding. TFA has proven their salt at finding new, young, incredible talent. IF Ingruber actually did a test and they passed on him it was 99% likely the correct decision for the film they are trying to make.

What film is that? 22 Jump street in space? I think Ingruber would do okay in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well some were saying Ingruber didn't even get an audition. If that's true, that's a huge screw up on LFL's part. If he did audition and just botched it, well so be it. I think we heard that Spielburg knew Ehrenreich and lobbied for him and I suspect that more than anything was behind his casting. He was just officially announced and was apparently the first to audition.

He's got his work cut out for him. I guess Han was in a horrible accident at some point and had a face transplant. My interest in this movie couldn't be any lower.

What I can't figure out is Ingruber still would say he can't talk about. Just a few weeks ago he was still saying that on his fb.

...I guess Han was in a horrible accident at some point and had a face transplant...

And shin extensions. Not that I dislike him, I saw a few clips and he's good, I just don't think he has the presence needed for Han Solo.

Even as Ingruber wasn't finally cast as Han Solo I think that Ehrenreich is really good choice though. He's extremely good actor and I think that he will do good as Han. Still Ingruber was better choice. I think that LFL did look more for person who is more like Han Solo as a character than Harrison Ford. We shall see... we shall see...

Ford is listed as 5'11", Alden is listed as 5'9" why are people so tore up over 2 inches? If they can make 5'9" Tom Hardy look like 6'5" Bane, I doubt 2 inches is all that noticable.

As I stated previously LFL wasn't looking for copy of Ford. They were looking for someone who will be good Solo.

Well if he doesn't look like Han Solo he can act his heart out but he'll still just look like a random guy cosplaying him.

What I can't figure out is Ingruber still would say he can't talk about. Just a few weeks ago he was still saying that on his fb.

My hope is that he has a NDA because the role is his. But he could have signed a NDA that said, he cant talk about it until after LFL makes an official announcement.

This kid is young Harrison Ford. Nails it in every respect. I can only hope he gets the Indy role, but probably wont since Ehrenreich is a Spielberg favorite.

The Indy role should be a legacy/mantle where a new character takes on the persona, but Solo is a hit harder to do. He's a pirate turned hero, this will be all or nothing hit or miss. We just have to set aside that Ford IS Solo, Ewan did a great Obi-Wan afterall.

As has already been discussed, apples and oranges with the Obi-wan comparison.

Last edited:

He could still be involved in some upcoming voice acting, with various games in the works, SW: Rebels, etc...

You know... In the photos I just didn't see it, but after the segment where he's on stage talking for a while I can see a spark of Han in there. I'm changing my vote to more optimistic at this point. We got some of the best in biz working on this Star Wars stuff.... let's see what happens. :)

Well, he's got Harrison's "answering questions without really saying anything of any value" thing down pat. So, there's that.

I would like to say this movie is doomed and that it's a bad idea, but BvS and Ghostbusters have both proven me wrong. People (kids) don't really care that what they are watching is of such low quality and substance. So we are ALL doomed to mediocre movies from here on out.

Yeah it is a bad idea but I don't think necessarily think it's doomed. There are plenty of people that will swallow anything as long as it has "Star Wars" slapped on it. That much is obvious.

I mean, from watching the panel, Ehrenreich seems like a nice enough guy (though the two directors -my original worry- seem clueless) but I'll still be pleasantly surprised if I ever get sold that he's Han Solo. I would be more accepting if this were a reboot (no, I'm not advocating a reboot) but with him existing in the same continuity and so close to the "Harrison Ford Han", it just looks more than a little ridiculous.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back