Star Trek TOS Communicator from The Wand Company

Mine just died!

Turned it off and now it will not turn back on, put it on the stand and it is charged but not turned on.

Now I have to go through the hassle of returning it, needless to say i am not impressed with this one. :unsure

Mine has started acting buggy.

Mine now does the hail tone even after I flip it open for a call.

In other words - it rings (doot, doot) I flip it open (chirp, chirp, chirp chirp) and then it still doots again after the grid has been opened before connecting the call.

I talked with Richard and Andrew and they say it is a faulty unit and are sending another Comm and stand.

I will return it and they are going to take it apart to see what happened

This is the first they have heard of a unit doing this.

It seems some of these are wigging out thats a shame.

When you have a complex device mass manufactured there will always be a small percentage of them that fail in some way or another. Sorry it was one of yours but it looks like TWC is making good on getting you set up with another one.

Hey guys 1 thing that some of you/us do not know about Chinese manufacturing is that this is the 3rd iteration from the same factory that made the first 1's for Master reps and then AA/DST and now with Rod.com which makes over 10 years for them to get it right and still have problems .

My reason for writing this is to inform you that the Chinese put 5% of the defective units into population and let the companies/company i.e. TWC to deal with defective units, so if you got a bad 1 it is because it was purposely shipped known defective from the manufacturer. So if you have a bad unit send it back to TWC and make the factory pay for their deception.........................................

Hey guys 1 thing that some of you/us do not know about Chinese manufacturing is that this is the 3rd iteration from the same factory that made the first 1's for Master reps and then AA/DST and now with Rod.com which makes over 10 years for them to get it right and still have problems .

The Wand Co. communicator has nothing in common with the MR/AA/Experience communicators, or Roddenberry Shop's yet to be released communicator. Where did you hear they use the same factory?? It seems like you are conflating the MR/AA/Experience communicator family, the MR/EFX/Roddenberry Mark X tricorder family, and the Wand Co communicator...

In all actuallity it is the Wand Co. that is getting the shaft, my unit is coming from England so they have in fact loss money at least in my instance

make the factory pay for their deception.........................................

I have an iPhone 6plus that is paired with the Wand Communicator. I have downloaded the Star Trek ringtones from Apple but they do not have the TOS communicator call receive tone from the tv series. I would like to have my ringtone make this sound just like the TOS communicator did on the series. I am not tech savvy so can someone lead me to the right website to download a proper ringtone. Thanks.

Not only does Wand have wonderful customer service, but they also made my request a reality. At 2016 Comic-Con this last week Wand Company owners Chris (left) and Richard (right) signed my Star Trek Communicator mini poster insert, so in essence I have a "Signature Edition" of the Wand Communicator! How awesome is that! :thumbsup

Photo proof to back up my Wand Signature Edition Communicator.

IMG_20160720_175303_comiccon2016_zpspjh4i2p9.jpg

I can't thank Richard and Chris enough for their signatures and the wonderful photo. Really the people I wanted signatures of are the creators that realized the Star Trek Communicator and brought it to life in the 21st Century. Wah Chang would be honored to see what they did with his prop.

I have 4 Wand phasers so now I guess I'll have to get more Communicators to fill my Landing Party locker. Now if they could do the Tricorder next, That would be a dream brought to completion.

NOTE: Special shout out and thanks to those that provided prop info assistance to Wand so we could get the best possible replica.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I'm not having that issue. I would expect it with time.

That said, there's certainly more wrist-action in my "finger assist" than any real force with the pad of my index finger.

My only issue with the piece is the telephone conversation volume (paired with an iphone). All other sounds are clear and loud, but the voice sound is too low, so, it can't be the speaker. Anyone know a fix?

has anyone found a belt clip that would work for this? I know there is the custom leather pouch option but trying to find something similar to the picture below. so it can be seen on your belt.

Star-Trek-The-Original-Series-TOS-communicator-with-Holster-1.jpg

This is going to be a XMAS present to myself this year. In the instructions it says that in order to place calls you need a phone that does voice calls without the need to press any buttons on the phone itself. What cell phones are people using with their comms?

As far a holder, someone needs to design one and throw it up on Shapeways.

My only issue with the piece is the telephone conversation volume (paired with an iphone). All other sounds are clear and loud, but the voice sound is too low, so, it can't be the speaker. Anyone know a fix?

Have you turned up the volume whilst on the call? [Right button up-Hold it there]; you hear little beeps as the volume raises.

I have noticed that when I do this, the volume-bar on my iPhone goes up. So make sure you have the communicator volume turned right up. Then make the call and turn up the volume as above.

All the sounds go back to quiet when it is switched off, so on every power up I have to turn the volume up. Spock does occasionally interfere with this process.

This is going to be a XMAS present to myself this year. In the instructions it says that in order to place calls you need a phone that does voice calls without the need to press any buttons on the phone itself. What cell phones are people using with their comms?

The communicator works with iPhones, Android, Google Now- that sort of setup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back