Star Trek TOS Communicator from The Wand Company

Did I miss something or am I to understand (from the video) that the belt clip attaches to the pouch, you drop the comm in the pouch then clip it to your belt? If so, that drop-in pouch doesn't seem very secure if you sit down often. it looks as if the comm will just drop out. Personally, I was very interested in this feature as I want to wear it like a comm being the dork that I am! :lol I suppose one could just drop in in their pocket like most of us do, but now this presents the problem of wearing off the finish on the grill.

I have to give kudos to the wand company. every were I go nowadays. it seems customer satisfaction is not a concern. but these people seem to care. BRAVO wand company. I have never felt the need for a communicator. I'm a gun guy.:p but I will get one of these ....:thumbsup

What part of the 10th Doctor's sonic remote was metalized plastic? Mine is machined aluminum. Was a later release plastic?

As far as I know, none of the 10th doctor's sonics are plastic. The early releases simply had more anodization, and the later ones had a bit less, which allowed for a shinier finish.

Does that dude SERIOUSLY have his tunic tucked into his jeans?! :lol

Pretty sure that's Chris Barnardo

Looked at It twice. don't think he mentions a belt clip. just the possibility of putting velcro on the soft case.

Exactly. He's suggesting Velcro for the soft case so that you don't put Velcro between the battery and the wireless recharger. You know us authenticity nuts - we're going to slap Velcro on it and then complain of charging problems. ;) With the crafty people around here and 3D printing where it is now I'm guessing someone will be offering a semi-hard slip on back and sides with Velcro and belt clip so we can have our 1960's retro-future ripping the comm out to flip without getting in the way of the batter charging when needed.

As for the 10 Doctor Sonic - I bought one recently and the metal head feels like metalized plastic to me. It wouldn't be the first time my fingers have steered me wrong. This one time...at band camp...

Maybe my speakers did not pick up on it but did anyone hear a chirp when he opened the communicator? I didn't hear anything.

I didn't hear it but I just assumed he hadn't turned it on yet? I've wanted one of these for a long time and once again The Wand Company looks to have done an outstanding job!

No, it wasn't there. Wonder why? He's also whipping that damned thing open really hard!

Hoping that's something we can get in there and fix once we get these in hand. Personally, I prefer a looser action on my grill like the originals. I used to pride my communicator builds on the silky action of the grid. There was more filing to do if it was tight!

Taking off points for tucking in the tunic!
:facepalm

Maybe my speakers did not pick up on it but did anyone hear a chirp when he opened the communicator? I didn't hear anything.

No, it wasn't there. Wonder why? He's also whipping that damned thing open really hard!

Hoping that's something we can get in there and fix once we get these in hand. Personally, I prefer a looser action on my grill like the originals. I used to pride my communicator builds on the silky action of the grid. There was more filing to do if it was tight!

Taking off points for tucking in the tunic!
:facepalm

Facebook post stated it was turned off, and a on demo will be posted soon. guys go to Facebook !! it has answers

Well, this one did. The moire is spinning and the light is blinking at 5:59 so it's not really unreasonable to be curious about the sound. I thought it was interesting they'd highlight one feature and not the telltale chirp while talking about the flip action...as someone else noted; probably just turned off. :thumbsup

It was an unboxing, they don't come out of the box pre-charged. :)

Last edited:
When I got my phaser it was working out of the box. Granted, not for a long period, but it did work.

Well, this one did. The moire is spinning and the light is blinking at 5:59 so it's not really unreasonable to be curious about the sound.
True, but that was an insert, apparently done later after charging. When he flipped it, it was after an uninterrupted shot of deboxing.

Now I may just be asking for too much but I want to know when they are going to complete the set with the Tricorder! :) I can't wait for the com and I know it may not happen but would be cool for them to do it with as awesome a job as they seemed to have done on the others they have done....wonder what it would do....hmmm

I hope they do, too. No reason they wouldn't go for the hat-trick!

-Rylo

Now I may just be asking for too much but I want to know when they are going to complete the set with the Tricorder! :) I can't wait for the com and I know it may not happen but would be cool for them to do it with as awesome a job as they seemed to have done on the others they have done....wonder what it would do....hmmm

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. Mine did too.

When I got my phaser it was working out of the box. Granted, not for a long period, but it did work.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back