St. louis Prop Party/Matsucorp open house

I'm still working on a venue, given the relatively small projected turnout the place I had in mind might be overkill but it IS centrally located...otherwise my house is an option it's just pretty remote and I KNOW people will get lost..;)

Just keep an open option for early spring...

M

I'm still in talks trying to get a proper venue to hold a meet 'n greet, if the place I have in mind is unavailable, I'll throw open the gates to Matsutopia and all will be welcome in my home/shop.

Let's work on some dates and get the ball rolling. I should know in a weeks time weather or not the place I have in mind is a go.

Mid-late may sound good?

Matt

If it weren't for the damned Pacific getting in the way, I'd be there with bells on. Please take lots of pics.

Cheers,

Kraig

Ok so the venue is very close to being locked down, I have a meeting with the owners this week. Scheduling is getting tight now though.
I have to be at wonderfest on the weekend of the 26-27th, and June 1 is the younguns birthday and if I know what's good for me I best not schedule anything that weekend.

The weekend of may 19 is the soonest and after that june 9 is the next available.

Thoughts?

M

either date works here...

Matsuo it sounds like if I start throwing rocks in different directions I'll hit your house

as for venue, we gonna be in the STL county or somewhere's in St Charles? or has that not
been determined yet?

Last edited:
The place I'm talking about using is downtown, in the historic Lemp Brewery, right off 55 and broadway, just south of Anheuser-Busch Brewery.

DSB the location is actually renowned for being naturally air conditioned, there are caverns directly below the warehouse that cool the place, in fact on mild days it's bloody cold in there! I don't think any time in june the place will get uncomfortably warm.

I'm Meeting with the property managers today at 2:00 pm...I hope to get things ironed out and get a firm date today.

As I said if all else fails, I'll roll up the carpets and throw sawdust on the floor and we'll have ourselves an old fashioned prop hooteanny right here at my crib!

Matt

DSB the location is actually renowned for being naturally air conditioned, there are caverns directly below the warehouse that cool the place, in fact on mild days it's bloody cold in there! I don't think any time in june the place will get uncomfortably warm.
Matt

Noted!:thumbsup Sounds like a "cool" venue.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back