House of Ten - Master of Castles - Now on SYFY

Re: My Animated Series, CITY IN CRISIS - Episode 3 is up! You can exhale now!

I knew of all the episodes that THIS one would get the most response, and it's glorious.

Batman fans are REALLY picking up on this, coming up with their own ideas where the show is going. As of now, there are only the 5 episodes, but the response we've gotten will hopefully lead to more. We certainly aren't going to let it die.

So here is City in Crisis Episode 4 "Poor Barbara"

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: CITY IN CRISIS - Episode 4 is up! You like your nods to Allan Moore? Check it out

I have a dry, twisted sense of humor, so this one was just freaking gold. Good writing there. If all else fails, you have enough there to do a kickstarter for more episodes, I hope this keeps rolling.

Re: CITY IN CRISIS - Episode 4 is up! You like your nods to Allan Moore? Check it out

I have a dry, twisted sense of humor, so this one was just freaking gold. Good writing there. If all else fails, you have enough there to do a kickstarter for more episodes, I hope this keeps rolling.

Thanks!

I'm actually meeting with the guy we hired to direct these tonight, to talk about the future of this. See if Mondo wants to throw more money at more episodes. Mondo owns it for the next 3 years, so we can't really do anything without their okay. They also are going to air on Cartoon Network, so they may want more to back them up online.

CITY IN CRISIS - Series 2 in the work...

These are great!

Thanks!

Just got a call last night, Mondo ordered another 5 episodes. Just gotta work out the budget with them (there are a few issues with it) but worst case there will be only 3 new episodes.

Mondo's partners, the guys who are airing it on cartoon network, are apparently pretty big fans. Hopefully this will increase the chances of even MORE after those 5.

Gotta get my shark shaped pool and all.

Last edited:

That's great news ... so once you reach Beavis and Butthead status ... at least I can say ... hey I knew that guy before he got rich and famous with a shark shaped pool in the yard ... I gave him some Exactra screws and got him hooked on lightsabers OT style :wacko

Chaim

Here's a weird bonus vid for animation fans/people checking this thread...

The studio I work at as an editor needed to put together a video to promote our studios open house. We are hiring animators and other such positions for the Seth Rogen movie, Sausage Party.

The catch was, we couldn't talk about, or show anything from the movie... And they left it to me to write, edit, direct, in 2 days.

this was the outcome....

Yes that's me on the left. And yes, I was asked to swear... (I bleeped it out)

Sometimes my job gets pretty weird.

Re: CITY IN CRISIS - Episode 4 is up! And bonus recruiting vid for the studio I work

Season Finale time!

Season 2 is being written and we got lucky with a voice talent for the next round. Looking forward to it.

Yeah it's weird to post this in a forum with Star Wars and Ghostbusters and Alien 5 and such... but hey, I'm having fun, and so I'm gonna share it!

Watch the playlist here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIJ...fe-4a7d-b48c-f56fce0c7aa3&src_vid=4FZ5mL5dR4I

Re: CITY IN CRISIS - Season Finale! Episode 5 is UP.

Great finale! I don't know why but for whatever reason, I wasn't expecting the Black Leprechaun to be... uhh, black. I can't figure out why I didn't put that together. Anyways, hilarious and I'm glad for the newly ordered episodes. Congrats man!

Yeah a surprising amount of people were shocked he turned out to be black... even though the description in the first episode was "He must be 3 feet tall, and black, and dressed as a leprechaun"

Season 2 is being written as I sit here... and I lucked into some great voice talent for one of the new Characters. Doesn't mean a lot outside of the animation industry but I got the director of Monsters vs. Aliens and Shrek 2 (also the voice of the Ginger Bread man) agreeing to be in the next series. He's directing the flick I'm editing now, and said he would love to be a part of City in Crisis.

So pretty stoked to get going on this.

6 series and a movie?!

Yes, man. For some reason I think I never visually put him together in my mind because I assumed he was just a figment made up to entice the finned crusader to show up. He looked hilarious and the voice/accent in particular. Great episode, and again congrats. I'm eager to see more.

You got a little more press on Ain't it Cool News by Muldoon!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/72887

Nice work!

Yup! Thanks...

Just this morning got greenlit budget on Season 2 so all scripts are now in board artists hands, and am talking to animators to take it on... Keeping the same look, but maybe a little tighter animation/staging...

I'll also be co-directing this next round. Should be fun. Now it's time to grow it out a bit more from being just a batman parody and establish a bit more of the world.

I mean, Rick and Morty started as a Back to the Future Parody...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbT...outube.com/watch?v=EbTlK3perdI&has_verified=1

Season 2 is on the go...

21468620698_c0afa2ca3f_c.jpg

This time, me and my buddy are directing... a new animation team, and a director/actor friend of mine from Dreamworks has signed on to do a character.

Should be good!

Re: CITY IN CRISIS - Series 2 underway...

Model sheet for a new character in series 2... "Farm Boy"! Voiced by Dreamworks director, Conrad Vernon (the Gingerbread man in Shrek).

21868708409_432725e023_c.jpg

I did his voice record the other night... hilarious.

Series 2 is just getting better and better.

Re: CITY IN CRISIS - Introducing "Farm Boy"

Also! Since this is new being done by different animators, and in Toon Boom rather than Flash, I had the opportunity to clean up some of the models....

New Guppy:

21433816774_d995dd1198_c.jpg

New City Shark:

22044241312_75e66a5d12_c.jpg

Re: CITY IN CRISIS - Oh... we were on Adult Swim Friday night...

Keeping the updates rolling until the show either dies out, or blows up and has a movie with a bigger opening weekend than Avengers Age of Ultron!

We were on Adult Swim Friday... and the rest of the first series will play out over the next few weeks... until Series 2 hits! The show it airs on during Adult Swim is called "Night Sweats". Only in Canada right now... but it's a start... Adult swim - I have a toe in Dan Harmon's pool.

12039658_921975971190137_5449548207268741826_n.jpg

And slowly... very slowly... this is moving to full length episodes. That's the plan anyways...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back