House of Ten - Master of Castles - Now on SYFY

NeoRutty

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A show I sold to Mondo Media a while back is finally seeing the light of day, this Friday.

The teaser is up now...

This was originally concieved as a bunch of live action shorts, but then Mondo gave me money to do it animated.

While the end product is not exactly what I was aiming for, it still got made, and sometimes that's just cool enough.

So.... enjoy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Shameless self promotion... CITY IN CRISIS (My Mondo series)

Aaaaand the Blog Post...

http://mondomedia.com/news/view/5747/New_Show_City_in_Crisis

I titled this thread "shameless", cuz I'm feeling no shame updating a thread no one is looking at...

Nope. No shame at all...

Also, Mondo called me, I guess they screwed up and it's going up Saturday, not today.... So happy 4th America! - here's my little show! (tomorrow that is)

Congratulations! I look forward to watching the episodes.

Aaaaand Episode 1 is up...

It's a 5 part arc, every ep building slightly off the previous.

Enjoy if you will! (and if you like Batman... you may...)

Re: CITY IN CRISIS (My Mondo series) Goes LIVE! Episode 1 is up.

Next episode going up Saturday... 5 in total... so 1 a week until all are up.

Overall it's getting a good response... Since the series didn't end up LOOKING like I intended (The studio I hired could only do so much with the budget), I really thought I was going to get destroyed in the comments section...

So I'm surprised. And this episode, I felt, was the weakest... they all build off one another, so if this one did okay, it will only help when the others are uploaded.

Either way, I will post them here... regardless of interest! BWAH HA HA...

Congratulations, mate ... I'll watch them later ... but now I understand why the sudden interest in that Dejarik game table and where the much needed gold pressed latinum came from ... good for you :)

Chaim

Rollin in the latinum!

Other than my writing cash, I made next to nothing on this...

I gotta get the merch going, Lucas style!

City Shark with rocket shooting backpack...

Why is it that we artists have to suffer and almost starve in life ... and those dumm-ass bankers rake in the big bucks for hardly any efforts whatsoever . . . one thing remains though within 100 years those bankers and their $$$ will be completely forgotten and our art is still available to enjoy ... think of those famous rock-art handprints ... from a long time ago ... :)

Chaim

The awkwardness continues! Episode 2 is up....

Re: City Shark is back! CITY IN CRISIS - Episode 2 is UP!... check it out!

I really like these man. They're really funny.

So you created/wrote these?

I really like these man. They're really funny.

So you created/wrote these?

Yup. I co-created with a buddy of mine and then wrote all 5 episodes. I actually wrote about 30 episodes, to be shot live action, but when I sold it to Mondo they wanted to start out with 5.... see how it plays.

The next episode goes up Saturday, and is my favorite... Looking forward to how THAT one is received.

My favorite episode, "Year One" is up.

Check it out! or don't... I'm not your mother.

This is your mother's favorite show, btw.

Re: My Animated Series, CITY IN CRISIS - Episode 3 is up! You can exhale now!

You are right: this is the best one yet! I'm enjoying your series, man. Very funny.

Guppy is just the right tone of whiny brat, and Sharkman...Better voice work than Bale's.

You are right: this is the best one yet! I'm enjoying your series, man. Very funny.

Thanks, looks like we MAY get more. This was for Mondo Canada, but Mondo U.S. is apparently digging it.

Guppy is just the right tone of whiny brat, and Sharkman...Better voice work than Bale's.

Guppy is a guy named Max from my studio and City Shark and The Commissioner are both the same guy, Jordan V.

I had Jordan watch a LOT of Kevin Conroy's Batman to get the feel of what we wanted.

We also just got bumped up to the big league... Airing on basic cable. Teletoon (Canada's Cartoon Network) will be showing it, so tonight I'm tasked with writing a bunch of "Previously on City in Crisis..." pieces for each episode.

Hopefully it continues... I got tons ready to go, and would LOVE to fix up the style a bit... (time and budget took it's toll)

That's great news man. Surrogate sharks!

You know, the rough style actually works for this, it really does. It's your baby but don't dress it up too much, it has a nice throwback feel.

You know, the rough style actually works for this, it really does. It's your baby but don't dress it up too much, it has a nice throwback feel.

The rough style doesn't bother me that much, it was chosen as a way around the crazy low budget... but initially it was proposed to look like that old animated series "The Maxx", with a style similar to 90's Detective Comics Batman.

When I say clean it up a bit, I mean that I never got to approved final model sheets. My original design had single "fins" on his gauntlet... a utility belt... I wanted to really lock down the design.

I spent YEARS as an assistant animator, so it drives me nuts when his head suddenly shrinks for no reason... his traps/shoulders are all over the place.... The Commissioner has 5 fingers at one point.

But I can't REALLY complain too much, cuz the show is working. So as soon as the last 2 air, we start pitching for more eps, and where to go next. For a show that takes place only on a rooftop right now, we have an ENORMOUS world built out. Only it never plays like a superhero show... it's more like a "Louie" or "Seinfeld"... following the life of this police commissioner and the messed up superhero world surrounding him.

Episode 4 tomorrow! - Things get pretty dark.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back