Terminator: Genisys (Post-release)

Exactly. Obviously if you write a film and you say *THE*(as in the ONE and only) T-1000 has a CPU chip... then you didn't watch T2. Flat against the floor, where's the chip? blown to tiny pieces.... where is the chip? :facepalm
Genisys :facepalm so much fail on so many levels.

Well it makes you wonder just how many times the writers and directors of the last 3 films watched T1 and T2. They all got many things very wrong.
Having said that, even JC, creator of this awesomeness made a few mistakes in his 2nd film when compared to the first.

Exactly. Obviously if you write a film and you say *THE*(as in the ONE and only) T-1000 has a CPU chip... then you didn't watch T2. Flat against the floor, where's the chip? blown to tiny pieces.... where is the chip? :facepalm
Genisys :facepalm so much fail on so many levels.

Maybe the chip was needed in order to program the alloy rather than be physically present in the alloy itself. Just a thought.

Maybe the chip was needed in order to program the alloy rather than be physically present in the alloy itself. Just a thought.

Since it is made up of teeny tiny "robots" if you will, and they all look alike, where would you hook up and chip/cable/USB/whatever? I would say programming it would have to be done wirelessly :p

Like that wonderfully crafted scene in Indiana Jones 4...?

(For the record, I jest!)

Of course, since there is no Indiana Jones 4 ;)

Fair call :)

Terminator (in this film is called "Guardian" - actually he is called Pops) says in the film that the mimic-poly-alloy is safe without its chip. What chip and where does it get stored in something that can flatten out to be thinner than paper? As you have stated, there was nothing to say how or what controlled the T-1000. So I like the idea that is not one, but millions of nanos joined to form one.

Both the TX and now this ageing T-800 both have a chip and have both an endo + m-p-a.

You know, I always thought the T-X was a stepping stone prototype to the T-1000, primarily because it had the liquid metal covering an endoskeleton. The T-1000 is damn-near perfect in its design, because it can infiltrate areas just by being able to slide under a door or through a vent if it wanted to, where as a Terminator with an Endoskeleton, it would have to either go through a door or window, or break through a wall. Let's use this scenario: if a T-1000 had been sent back to 1984 instead of the T-800. It could have easily infiltrated the police station and kill Sarah Connor without any problems with minimal to no resistance. We already saw how the police station scenario played out in the film.

Not to mention, the T-1000 was better because it was practically unstoppable, where as all you'd need to stop a T-800 was to either blow it to smithereens, destroy its power cell, rip its head completely off or vaporize it with a phase-plasma rifle. Basically, the endoskeleton concept is even more flawed, especially with the T-X. Hell, we even see her endoskeleton weaponry got damaged in one scene.

Honestly, it was like the writer said, "I need to make sure the T-X has an endoskeleton, because that's the only way to be able to have the characters destroy it," without truly thinking about it.

That's just me, of course. I could be wrong with that opinion.

The T-1000 is damn-near perfect in its design, because it can infiltrate areas just by being able to slide under a door or through a vent if it wanted to
I agree and the blend into the floor sequence is just an example of how almost perfect the design was.

The T-1000 is so capable that it's a liability for the writer.

The only way the T-1000's actions in T2 make sense is if it cannot change shape very quickly at all. But in sporadic times it would do exactly that.

But In T2 they mention that the T1000 is a prototype and several times you'll see it have a glitch. It was never meant to be perfect

The T-1000 is so capable that it's a liability for the writer.

The only way the T-1000's actions in T2 make sense is if it cannot change shape very quickly at all. But in sporadic times it would do exactly that.

I just wish they had left the T-1000 "glitching" in the TE. You see a hint of it only that the freezing and thawing has indeed affected him.

Better make that a bad writer

No, I really think it's a problem for any writer.

I love the T2 movie as much as anyone else here. But thinking logically, the T-1000 should have been able to smoke the good guys a bunch of times. It really only works as long as you don't stop and think about it long enough to pause the movie & go to the bathroom.

No, I really think it's a problem for any writer.

I love the T2 movie as much as anyone else here. But thinking logically, the T-1000 should have been able to smoke the good guys a bunch of times. It really only works as long as you don't stop and think about it long enough to pause the movie & go to the bathroom.

Same goes for John Conner in Genysis. My first thought when his Skynet identity was revealed was "wait, 5 minutes ago he disarmed guards and had two guns pointed at Kyle and Sarah while their backs were turned. Movie should have ended there."

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

So is it true they have shot a trilogy?

Nope. Only SHOT one film but have been planning a trilogy to milk it as much as possible before the right reverts to Cameron in 2019. Hopefully those plans get scrapped(again, like with Salvation)

Yeah a liquid metal Arnie could really open up some cheesy really disturbing moments. I mean upgraded,come on Seriously. :(

Ben

I would suppose that, in 2017, they (Skynet) hasn't developed the capability to make an actual T-1000. They know how, thanks to John, but it'd be like building a smartphone in 1800 - a lot of tools you'll need in order to make it will have to be built from scratch.

So the ones we saw in Skynet HQ may need a chip to operate, rather than having each molecule be a CPU. Call it a T-900, or a T-999 even. Not quite a T-1000

A stretch, I know...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back