Rubie's ANH Leia Blaster--- Anyone seen this yet?

Jedifather

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Didn't see anyone post about this yet, but check this out:

Rubies Leia ANH.JPG

Rubie's has finally got the right idea. It seems to be 1:1 scale. Here's what it looks like compared to my deactivated Margolin and one of Odi-Wan72's resin castings:

20150629_201548.jpg20150629_201735.jpg20150629_201826.jpg20150629_202020.jpg20150629_202058.jpg

Best $12.95 I ever spent. :D

NICE

That´s definately molded from a MR ANH blaster..a straight 1:1 "recast" ;)
Funny that they still kept the wrong, inaccurate, scratchbuilt (by ME!) mag-bottom plate :lol Back the days Steve D. douldn´t find the correct magazin to base his masters on, so he took my scratchbuilt mag-plate for reference. Compare my resin cast with the MR and/ or Rubies and you´ll see what I am referring to. :cool

Markus

Damnit, now I want one of these to fill the glaring DDC sized hole in my blaster collection & of course I can't find any for sale here in the UK,

Amazon & eBay either don't ship to the UK or want $250 shipping :lol

typical when it's one of the few blasters that 100% conforms to all the UK rules :facepalm

just reminds me me that I really need a Princess Leia Blaster (well 2 actually, ANH & ROTJ)

great find, very cool, I'm envious of you that can buy them for a few dollars :)

NICE

That´s definately molded from a MR ANH blaster..a straight 1:1 "recast" ;)
Funny that they still kept the wrong, inaccurate, scratchbuilt (by ME!) mag-bottom plate :lol Back the days Steve D. douldn´t find the correct magazin to base his masters on, so he took my scratchbuilt mag-plate for reference. Compare my resin cast with the MR and/ or Rubies and you´ll see what I am referring to. :cool

Markus

Funny but not unexpected. I think most people here did not know that about the plate. I would have keeled over if you told me... "Rubies did their research and corrected a mistake in the design."

btw: What exactly is the ribbed section on the barrel? The part between the sight and the tomtit part. People used to say it was wrapped cord. Is that still the thought or is there new info?

Funny but not unexpected. I think most people here did not know that about the plate. I would have keeled over if you told me... "Rubies did their research and corrected a mistake in the design."

btw: What exactly is the ribbed section on the barrel? The part between the sight and the tomtit part. People used to say it was wrapped cord. Is that still the thought or is there new info?

Wrapped coiled cord, yes

Markus

@OdiWan72, @Country Paul -- I'm going to order one of these. If you like, I'd be happy to order three and send one to each of you, at or a bit below cost (I'll give you the total and you can tell me how much you're comfortable spending -- any difference I'll gladly absorb as a gift to make sure you can get them). I've never had a problem stepping up to circumvent ridiculous shipping costs.

Every so often, yeah, Rubie's nails it. I'm still somewhat amazed at how perfect their Supreme Edition Royal Guard helmet is... three years after I originally bought it! *chuckle*

@OdiWan72... Any recommended reference for an accurate mag plate?

--Jonah

@OdiWan72, @Country Paul -- I'm going to order one of these. If you like, I'd be happy to order three and send one to each of you, at or a bit below cost (I'll give you the total and you can tell me how much you're comfortable spending -- any difference I'll gladly absorb as a gift to make sure you can get them). I've never had a problem stepping up to circumvent ridiculous shipping costs.

Every so often, yeah, Rubie's nails it. I'm still somewhat amazed at how perfect their Supreme Edition Royal Guard helmet is... three years after I originally bought it! *chuckle*

--Jonah

wow, thank you that would be amazing :) (I'll send you a PM)

I've spent a good portion of the day fruitlessly searching for these online

I'd really love to get my hands on one

I can't decide whether it's genius on Rubies part or just laziness (casting the MR Leia) that they got this so right but either way I'm happy they did :lol

Much in the same way as I like how well hasbro did with their DH-17 (not sure why just sometimes the toy blasters come out so much better than others)

I'm happy for some of the more accurate toy blasters to fill gaps in my collection

Thank you very much for this offer ...I´d take TWO in this case, if you don´t mind ;)

I should still have the mold for the magplate (or could make one easily), but you´d also need the "catch"...
Maybe I should simply mold BOTH parts again and offer casts to accurize peoples Rubies blasters!?

Markus

--Jonah

Thank you very much for this offer ...I´d take TWO in this case, if you don´t mind ;)

I should still have the mold for the magplate (or could make one easily), but you´d also need the "catch"...
Maybe I should simply mold BOTH parts again and offer casts to accurize peoples Rubies blasters!?

Markus

:lol I think I'm with Markus, if you can get them & you don't mind I'd love to get 2 of these Rubies Blasters

thanks again @Inquisitor Peregrinus

Last edited:
Yer killin' me, Smalls... :lol *orders a fifth one*

So I'm seeing these first showing up in stocks in summer of 2013, which explains why it's somewhat scarce now, but not how I managed to miss it for two damn years!

--Jonah

Yer killin' me, Smalls... :lol *orders a fifth one*

So I'm seeing these first showing up in stocks in summer of 2013, which explains why it's somewhat scarce now, but not how I managed to miss it for two damn years!

--Jonah

No, that can't be right. Not sure why, but I'm always interested in new Rubies items. I pretty good and finding what's available and where to get them. Most Rubies stuff does not seem to make it to brick and mortar stores but instead online sources. I can tell you that the Leia blaster never showed up prior to recently.

i did notice on my recent search that the deluxe Leia A New Hope costume for both girls and women now have new marketing images. Not sure if the costumes have been redone or simply no promotional images. Whatever the reason for the push, it might be a factor as to what the blaster is now offered.

The Fett rifle also showed up for the first time as well. It also appears that Zeb's rifle weapon is going to be coming out as well based on a photo of the upcoming Zeb costume.

99610600-zeb-kids-costume-kids-star-wars-costumes-000.ashx

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back