Rubie's ANH Leia Blaster--- Anyone seen this yet?

The Fett blaster doesn't look half bad! Better than I expected for sure.

Also, I ordered a Leia blaster today off Amazon for $13 today. My order total was over $35, so shipping was free.

The nozzle is a good question. I hadn't looked too closely when planning a ROTJ version myself and hadn't accounted for that part (just assumed it was the Margolin flash hider). But clearly it isn't. Here's another pic showing it: https://www.yourprops.com/Princess-...tar-Wars-Return-Of-The-Jedi-1983-YP61826.html

I have a Rubies one on the way and if there's not an appropriate part posted by then, I'll draw one up and post it for you all (easier to have the blaster in hand to help with scaling). Looks like an easy part :)

this is where I'm up to with my first attempt, just a straight repaint & still a few bits to do

Id really love to get started with an ROTJ version but I'm still nowhere near finding a suitable flash hider/muzzle for it

still hoping that someone will post one on shapeways soon or list on eBay or on here ..... I'd go for Anything really I just want one :lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    784.5 KB · Views: 254
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    885 KB · Views: 222
Just a quick black primer as it will be a while until I get to this.

Last%20Props%20053.jpg

Last%20Props%20052.jpg

I tried these pieces for the Leai ROTJ blaster.

Last%20Props%20049.jpg

Last%20Props%20046.jpg

Last%20Props%20051.jpg

Last%20Props%20048.jpg

Last%20Props%20047.jpg

These are $3.50 total for a sheet:

SJ5007 3M Rubber Bumper Pads Self Adhesive Anti Skid Feet Bumpon SJ-5007

• Width: 0.40"
  • Length: 0.40"
  • Height: 0.12"

Last edited by a moderator:
still hoping that someone will post one on shapeways soon or list on eBay or on here ..... I'd go for Anything really I just want one :lol

Ack, thanks for the reminder! Forgot to draw this up.

Here's one I modeled/printed/painted in about an hour just now. I generated two models, one with the grooves rounded and the other square. I wasn't sure which was more accurate.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:961170/

(rounded grooves)

(both pics are of the model with rounded grooves)

The overall length is just under 1.75 inches (excluding the mounting post) at a diameter of 0.67 inches. The section at the tip without grooves is 3/8" long. The mounting post is 0.22 inches diameter to fit in the Margolin's barrel, and the flash hider itself has a 0.22 inch diameter by 1 inch deep false barrel.

I can adjust any of those dimensions and generate a new one. They're just my best guess after scaling from the Rubies along with the ROTJ screenshot and pictures of the crappy castings floating around out there. Just let me know if you all want anything changed.

Last edited:
Ack, thanks for the reminder! Forgot to draw this up.

Here's one I modeled/printed/painted in about an hour just now. I generated two models, one with the grooves rounded and the other square. I wasn't sure which was more accurate.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:961170/

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/278/20228475559_864c6a485a_c.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/550/20225581600_5ffcba74fb_c.jpg
(rounded grooves)

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3698/19794178283_8c92f98e73_c.jpg

(both pics are of the model with rounded grooves)

The overall length is just under 1.75 inches (excluding the mounting post) at a diameter of 0.67 inches. The section at the tip without grooves is 3/8" long. The mounting post is 0.22 inches diameter to fit in the Margolin's barrel, and the flash hider itself has a 0.22 inch diameter by 1 inch deep false barrel.

I can adjust any of those dimensions and generate a new one. They're just my best guess after scaling from the Rubies along with the ROTJ screenshot and pictures of the crappy castings floating around out there. Just let me know if you all want anything changed.

Thats very cool, I want one :)

looks like the perfect solution for these Rubies Blasters

I think Mara Jade's Father has a cast one & may be able to help if you wanted some measurements (but I think it looks pretty good as is)

I'm not familiar with Thingiverse, I've ordered a couple of parts from shapeways before, how would I go about getting hold of a couple of these?

I don't have a 3D printer or know anyone who does :cry

Thingsverse.com let's you download the file and you can either print it yourself or create an account at shapeways and print it there. The polite thing to do would ensure you make the file "not for sale". Since you did not create the file.

I have machined aluminum muzzle. Odiwan72 included it in my Margolin cast kit. It was originally a run done by bobadebt a while back. I could give you a simple measurement like length, but anything more, I would need to get his permission.

Yeah I tried not to look at the previous fan made versions when figuring out mine. But if anyone has any comments on the size/proportions of the one I modeled let me know. I think you guys have probably stared at the blaster reference longer than I have at this point!

Paul, yes, you can grab the files from thingiverse and upload them to Shapeways yourself to print but I was just using the site as a quick way to get the files available. I was going to post them on Shapeways as well once we sussed out the final dimensions :)

Re the fett blaster.... A new wooden stock could give an extra inch and a half, and extending the barrel likewise would be spot on.
Extend the revolver part back a bit too ? :)

Yeah I tried not to look at the previous fan made versions when figuring out mine. But if anyone has any comments on the size/proportions of the one I modeled let me know. I think you guys have probably stared at the blaster reference longer than I have at this point!

Paul, yes, you can grab the files from thingiverse and upload them to Shapeways yourself to print but I was just using the site as a quick way to get the files available. I was going to post them on Shapeways as well once we sussed out the final dimensions :)

Excellent :) I may just wait for you to post them on shapeways then & get a couple direct from there,

thanks for making these available

Got one yesterday. Pretty cheap on Amazon. Small. Is it full-sized? Fits OK in my hand (and I have a big hand), but must be a fairly small base pistol.

Last edited:
My rubies Fett arrived last week, and I've already hit it with some black and silver just to get rid of the ****ty green and orange. Its not bad, and a hair over 24" long. From the measurements posted on tk409, its 3 inches short in the barrel, and 4 inches short stock wise, but everything else seems to be pretty damn close. its 1 assembled piece, but unscrew 3 screws and the stock pulls off. trigger isn't moveable either. All in all, not too shabby! View attachment 509508View attachment 509507View attachment 509506View attachment 509509

Looks like the scope may be truncated too...

Just thought I would post this because it is sort of related and I thought it was interesting. Not that I have looked really hard in the past, but this is the first time (that I am personally aware of) that you get to see the stunt pistol on the set. I'm assuming it mostly stayed in the holster.

endor-3.jpg

This appears to be the same one (or one very very similar) to the one displayed by Planet Hollywood in the past.

I took these pictures a few years back during a trip to Disney World. Planet Hollywood had a storefront set up in at Pleasure Island at Downtown Disney with various movie props.

Attachments

• DSC00822.JPG
    DSC00822.JPG
    875.1 KB · Views: 321
  • DSC00823.JPG
    DSC00823.JPG
    856.3 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
On a related topic note, there are some Force Awakens blasters. You can see them here although some appear not to be listed yet:

http://www.buycostumes.com/c/themes/tv-movies/star-wars-costumes?intref=hp_hero_image1_starwars

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/h...0&pg=0&orsearch=0&wrid=0&tree=0&sort=22&new=0

Very cool, thanks for the heads up :)

I definitley fancy the Finn blaster & the stormtrooper

just really hope these are a decent size like the Leia & Boba Fett blasters

oh, & that you can get hold of them in the UK

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 119

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back