My alien eggsperience

Colossus601

I've posted some of these sculpts here before but.....since making 'My Moving Picture Show' vid series I see how the visual movement and soundtrack gives the presentation a deeper more visceral experience to the sculpt in a way a simple pictorial lay-out cannot.The Cool thing is I use the exact same pics in the Vid as I posted in my Original RPF thread for this sculpt and the video is only about 4 min.
So I created my own version of H.R.'s egg with more focus on a realistic biological style with the weight of the fluid and contents shown pressing down and out,stretching the walls of the structure,so it must have supporting ribs to hold it up also with texture and coloring to camouflage from "predators" so to speak.
I didn't have any K Y Jelly or Nottingham Lace so I used a High Gloss Clear,Cotton and Cheese Cloth to achieve the organic innerds look.
The final height is 6.5" tall and about 4.75" in dia.
There are two vids to present on this project...so please check back and enjoy MY ALIEN EGG.

....The Second Vid is Now just a Little Lower Down the Page...

Thankx THB

Last edited by a moderator:
Time for part Du.....

I really enjoyed coming up with and sculptin my own style Alien Egg and am working on creating one for release that looks about the same but is closed and has a little more detail.
This one will be about the same size and you can paint it in Your own style.If anyone is interested please let me know and I'll hurry up the process...for now Enjoy Part Du
And check out my Youtube Channel Charles forbin and if you like my stuff please subscribe.

Thanks THB

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job .it looks very awesome. I see that you are good . I have a question how you can make sharp edges ? Also I have a clay call Roman Plastillina ii don't know how to smooth the surface . I tried To use brunches , sponges with water and Isopropyl alcohol . Please help me , let me know .

Thanks Daredevil665,Leigh and Olimpo for the kind words.Most of my sculpts have been with Roma (I love the stuff) but due to the sulfur content I'm trying Monster Clay and Chavant NSP...its to early to tell how they compare to Roma.
Anyway my sculpting (and painting) technique is to sculpt in "Layers",what ever you are trying to create break it down into layers....inner most to outer most.I to use alcohol 70% works good for me and as for brushes use Acid brushes cut to various length.I also use "model paint" brushes....think of the diff kinds of brushes like diff Grits of Sandpaper using the alcohol as the lubricant-kind of like wet sanding.The varrying brushes,pressure,amount of liquid from dry to drenched along with (trial an ERROR) your sculpted surface texture all work in concert to get the result you desire.
As for a "Smooth" surface THAT is just about impossible with the clays listed above.To achieve a very smooth uniform surface generally to will need to do your sculpt,mold it,cast it then sand it smooth then if you want multiples of it I suggest mold the sanded part again and recast it...unless you Really Really Reeeeally like sanding.

Sometime the lack of texture conveys your idea but I find Texture is almost as or equally as important to the subject as the subject itself.
I use standard metal sculpt tools as well as Anything handy I can find to get the look I want...don't limit yourself in this reguard.

Great question and I hope my answer helped.Ask more if need to.
P.S. Oomoo will mold just fine with Roma...its relatively cheap but you get very limited pulls if you have deep details.

Thanks THB

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back