National Treasure Pipe REAL Meerschaum!!!

sudzbuddy6

I've been looking around for years to find a real meerschaum National Treasure pipe to no avail. So I finally broke down and commissioned one. Before the purist have a fit, yes, it's not identical to the original. But keep in mind, this is REAL meerschaum, hand carved, and extremely fragile. The stone itself was expensive and therefore, the handling required a few exceptions in the forming of the figures, towers, and rider... No margin for error (or oops) on this one while carving. And yes, the riddle is on the barrel...

IMG_0288.JPGIMG_0287.JPGIMG_0286.JPGIMG_0285.JPGIMG_0284.JPGIf anyone out there knows of another real meerschaum of this pipe, I'd love to see it.

Thx, I was stoked when I opened it today. Took 2 months to carve. And this thing is huge. Probably 33% larger than the movie prop. 14 1/2 inches long. I'm looking to get the box made for it next...

Thx. I was hoping to have the riddle on the barrel carved in the style of the movie prop but it proved to be impossible in real stone. So had to settle for the riddle etched instead. But still very happy with it...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back