2012 dredd costume build

Fire2993

Hello to all the members of the RPF, this is my first attempt at anything like this and I am very grateful to you all for the prompts and ideas I have gleaned from this site.
i hope my attempts are up to the standards expected.
I used many new products during this build, from Worpla to leather and even fibreglass. I found patience is the key.
i am going to Comicon in Manchester this July, so will add more pictures as I get them. Feel free to ask any question, and I am quite willing to share any specs I have or tips on materials.
cheers
kev

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    742.4 KB · Views: 329
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 419
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 470
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    756.1 KB · Views: 367
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    561.7 KB · Views: 347
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    881 KB · Views: 345
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    588.1 KB · Views: 381
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    611.5 KB · Views: 324
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    867.6 KB · Views: 323
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 330
The knife started life as a chopping board, the lawgiver was a ps2 light gun, and the utility belt was built from the contents of my junk box in the garage. The helmet began life as a pepakura paper kit which I then hardened with fibreglass. Oh and the tech drawing of the lawgiver was done from screen shots I found here on various threads.
kev

Thanks for the feedback. Still need some work on the helmet as it catches on the collar piece and makes my head look massive.

i dunno if its the padding in the helmet but it sits high, if possible remove some and if possible 1.jpg im know expert its just an opinion don't want you to bugger up the work you have done

I think I have made the collar piece too big. I have a second helmet as yet unfinished, so I am experimenting with making this shorter without ruining my comicon outfit.
Thanks for the advise, and the photo as we'll. I'll keep you posted.
kev

It looks awesome.. my greatest challenge are the pauldrons and the armor... and doesnt have a clue where to get tha parts...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back