Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Clown

Yep, stuff of nightmares indeed ;) Funny, the head looks disproportionate in that pic .. but I suspect it's an illusion since it's just propped up on there with no paint or hair/hat.

What kind of wheels does your base have?

Yes, The head is just sitting on top of the wooden support, it will have to be lowered and adjusted.

I don't know about the wheels exactly, both of them are broken off, the only clue is a small remnant of a white plastic hub that remain on both sides.

hubs 002.jpg

Last edited:
Coulrophobics Beware!, well, here it is, the first mock-up of my clown, still lots to do, but I have all the big stuff bought so it shouldn't be too long now, a big Thank You to PeeWeeFan for the reproduction head, it is Killer!, 100 times nicer, cleaner, and stronger than the original, (which I'm reinforcing right now), if anyone is on the fence about buying one, don't hesitate, they're well worth it,

Looking good! Glad you liked the reproduction head.

Can you take measurements of your base? With DB getting a clown with a similar base, I am curious what the dimensions are. Building a base for my clown is next on the list.

The Oddities and ass-grabbing clowns have obviously dark green face lines. No matter how much I stare at the Pee Wee clown (incl in these Bluray captures), they always look black to me. Which pics are you seeing that in?

I see the dark green in the 5th pic in the first grouping. I may have to dump it into Photoshop at work and look at the RGB values to be certain.

DB just about nailed the measurements for the base,

the top is 21" x 19", the bottom pieces are 17" x 6", and 19" x 6", (overall)

and it is made out of 1/2" plywood

interesting note:
I assumed it was an open bottom base, but it's actually an enclosed box and the top that the clown is bolted to is a hinged lid, with one big screw in the middle, I guess it's for service access to the electrical chord or storage?, but it was a neat feature I wasn't expecting, and there is no sign of an I.D. tag on mine.

interesting note:
I assumed it was an open bottom base, but it's actually an enclosed box and the top that the clown is bolted to is a hinged lid, with one big screw in the middle, I guess it's for service access to the electrical chord or storage?, but it was a neat feature I wasn't expecting, and there is no sign of an I.D. tag on mine.

Thanks for the measurements! I would not have guessed the base to have a bottom! Is the upper platform centered on the lower part of the base?

Pic of my clown with double ruffle with black trim.

clown 001.jpg

Nice cardboard cutout of Pee-Wee by the way! I've been looking for one online, but I can't seem to find one. Are they still being produced?

Nice cardboard cutout of Pee-Wee by the way! I've been looking for one online, but I can't seem to find one. Are they still being produced?

None are available now, that I know of, I've looked for one forever also, I seen one from the '80's at a toy show once but the guy wanted $100 and it was kinda rough around the edges, my brother has a friend who owns a print shop and he custom made it for him and he gave it to me for Christmas last year.

Last edited:
I have actually given that some thought. Now that I have a good master, I should be able to come up with something. The hair may be the tricky part though.

I imagine if it's just a loose wig it should be able to be pushed around to fit either set up. Attaching the hat would be tricky with a loose wig though. There's gotta be a solution though.

Might be doable, if you could place the hair just right. I plan to just have separate heads that can easily be swapped out (and switchable music based on the head that's attached). I'll be vacuum forming my heads, so I'll try attaching two faces together to see if it's possible.

I put the movie clown pics into Photoshop, but the histograms only showed the color to be dark around the face. Reds and blues were present as well as the green. Visually, I personally still see a dark green. The below pic shows the difference in color between the eyebrow and line around the face. Looking at the pics closer, a crack in the evil clown's head near the nose is also visible.

evil_clown.jpg

Looks as if Marshal Moody made gorillas in addition to the clowns. I believe the second one was redone, but it likely started out as a gorilla though.

gorilla1.jpg gorilla2.jpg

I wonder if they made the waving chimp that's in front of the magic shop too. I've seen this photo a few times before, this one has the description as Paul Reubens on Melrose Ave in 1984.

163818505166585338_2hYDsmSn_c.jpg

Here's a shot of the screen used chimp with his current owner in a oddities and collectibles shop in L.A., I'm surprised PauI Reubens didn't keep it, I guess you can't keep everything!, would have left the magician costume on him, if it were mine.;)

Nick-9.jpg

Meanwhile, I found some wheels and mounted them, they'll have to be adjusted, I used the stock holes, but it makes the rear end jacked up too much, the clown leans forward and they're too far away from the top lid.
I also scuffed the head and put a couple coats of white primer/paint on it.

DSC00536.JPG DSC00537.JPG DSC00540.JPG

DSC00531.JPG DSC00532.JPG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back