Captain America armor v2.

I dont want to get off topic, but it occurs to me, looking at this thread, and seeing that Captain America has a new suit...
IronMan has a new Suit...
Thor changes it up a little...

Is Spiderman the Only person that doesnt get new suits, or what???

Hopefully since marvel has Spider-Man back we'll see some different suits. I would love to see the Ironspider suit, or even scarlet Spider-Man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made a different shield gauntlet for my right arm. (Thanks captain Rogers for the idea.) will be adding a lot more detail to it and also making some of the magnets that cap had in age of ultron to go on the glove.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440347000.678712.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1440347014.147797.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440347028.133959.jpg

Here is a shot of the upper full upper body I strapped the shoulders but will need to adjust them down lower the other side wasn't fully dry and fell off so that's why I'm only showing one side at the moment.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440364941.964057.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1440364949.861670.jpg
Also torn with the color scheme now. I'm not sure if I want to do brown or red shin and gauntlets. Thoughts?

The suit is really looking great! I'm glad you liked my idea for the gauntlet. As for the color scheme I personally think the red would be better.

The suit is really looking great! I'm glad you liked my idea for the gauntlet. As for the color scheme I personally think the red would be better.

Thank you. I'm leaning more towards red now to, maybe a dark red.

Last edited:
Started working on the shin templates haven't decided if I want thigh armor but will probably end up making them. I'm torn on the belt not sure if I want to buy the foam cave template or make my own design. But anyway here is a picture of the shin template.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440775839.636566.jpg

Couple of updates, I've started the shins and so far there turning out the way I want.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440876692.268416.jpg
Should be able to start detailing the fronts soon. I still have to cut out the backs but I haven't decided on the thickness of foam to use.

The next update is on the new shield. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440876760.895963.jpg
I found an instructable on making foam shields. Started off by getting a perfect circle and will start adding detail to that soon. It will be about an inch smaller than my metal one but will be much easy to carry on my back and should allow me to put magnets directly in the suit and on the shield.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440977434.456322.jpg
Front half of the Shins are complete. I just finished cutting out the backs but not much to show right now.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440977534.404363.jpg
I laid out all my lines and cut a slit on the shield so I could shape it into a dome.

I was going to use that one, but now that you ask I looked back at some reference pictures and it may be a bit to small. Thanks for the catch, hopefully I can use a bigger star and won't have to redo all my circles but if I do it's ok.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441483092.656052.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1441483110.038926.jpg
The shins are done. The shield is still a work in progress and needs a lot of work before I take some pictures. But it is rounded now I just need to fill the seam in. Plan on starting the thigh templates tonight.

Last edited:
Well I forgot to make the knee.
Drew up a quick template and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441571521.283098.jpg
One down one to go.
I also started to make a thigh template but wanted to figure out where the knee is going to sit before I actually made the thigh.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441571584.755893.jpg

Also here is the shield disclaimer it is very ugly atm. The seem will be fixed and filled so you will never see it but the grooves turned out pretty good I think. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441571649.013806.jpg

Started working on the thighs still a lot to do to them before there done. After these ill do a full Suit and start sealing, I'm not sure what I'll do for my belt yet haven't decided if I want a big belt with pouches or more of a future non functioning belt.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442081900.647697.jpg

Made more progress on the thighs but I ran out of glue so this is as far I as I got tonight hopefully will pick up some more tomorrow so I can completely finish the thighs.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442112628.957760.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442112644.856609.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back