Captain America armor v2.

Thank you. I'm really happy with the way they turned out. I just hope the forearms turn out just as good. Thinking about using the avengers 2 Captains forearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow that is wicked! I'll have to try and incorporate it into my design. Thanks for that

Well the updates will slow down a little bit, our scones child was born Tuesday morning so now it's craziness at the house. But I managed to get in a little work. I made the collars frame and I'm working on the collar now. I'm worried it looks too thick, any thoughts?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439823264.451695.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1439823274.466384.jpg
It's not attached yet just placed inside.

I also downloaded the batman gauntlet file from the foam cave and I'm working on modifying it to fit my needs. If you haven't check the foam cave out well worth it they have a lot of good stuff there. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439823365.271182.jpg
Anyway that's all for now.

Thank you! Having a lot of fun. It's sure different going from one to two but I'm loving every moment.

That's a good idea, thanks for the input. It really does help to be able to bounce idea off someone else.

Well stayed up way to late and will pay for it tomorrow but the chest peace is finally finished in my eyes. I added a low profile collar so it wouldn't interfere with me turning my head in the suit with the helmet on. As a side note I made the hole a bit small and got my head stuck trying to get it off.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439987334.033158.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439987344.268904.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439987353.869681.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439987365.367775.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439987376.937105.jpg
Also started working on some wings for the helmet. It's a very rough template but I liked the look of the captain America square enixs helmet wings so trying to use a bit of that as a reference. Thanks Spartacus1 for the link .
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439987399.389597.jpg
That's all for now hope to get the wings done and start on the gauntlets by this weekend.

Last edited:
Try it now , and let me know if there still acting up. When I uploaded them last night they took a while to upload guess that was the problem.

Good deal. Thank you, I really like the collar now except for getting it on and off but I plan on using a dermal to try and thin it out a little. The wings turned out better than I was expecting just have to paint them and figure out if where I have them placed is where I want them. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439999466.613199.jpg
Here are a couple pictures of them just pinned on the helmet.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439999475.197029.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439999483.777395.jpg

Awesome man! You have inspired me to make a Cap armor as well, but I will be going with a more classic comic style with a modern flair. I want to get some of the Jack Kirby feel and something like the "scale mail" armor that he is known for while bringing it into the 21st century.

That's awesome man, I look forward to seeing that build. I like the scale armor to I found this picture when I was looking for some different references might give you some ideas .
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440076455.711732.jpg

Thanks! I've seen that picture before it is really cool. I am thinking I might use carbon fiber for the "scale mail" look. Like I said before I want to get the classic look but for this generation.

That would look really cool especially with the carbon fiber.

Well after much thought I managed to get a gauntlet design I liked. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440276150.061370.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1440276156.541172.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1440276164.041177.jpg

I'm contemplating making the second a bit different but haven't decided if I want to do that or not. Once the gauntlets are done I plan on moving on to the belt before tackling the thigh and shin armor pieces.
Anyway let me know what you think of the gauntlets the color scheme will be brown with silver and battle damage.

Last edited:
Thanks. I love the design of the gauntlet. Maybe if you make a different design for the other gauntlet you could make it have a mechanism for holding the shield.

I dont want to get off topic, but it occurs to me, looking at this thread, and seeing that Captain America has a new suit...
IronMan has a new Suit...
Thor changes it up a little...

Is Spiderman the Only person that doesnt get new suits, or what???

Thanks. I love the design of the gauntlet. Maybe if you make a different design for the other gauntlet you could make it have a mechanism for holding the shield.

That's a great idea with the gauntlet. It would really work well since I've been thinking about making a new shield I have a metal one i made last year but it's not my best work or is it the lightest, I would like to be able to attach it to the back of the armor so I feel foam would've the easy route to take.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back