1:1 Landspeeder Project - Completed!

Re: 1:1 Landspeeder Project...NEW PICS 10/5/07!!!

Whoa, you're right! I totally forgot I had these hig-res pics. Looks like they are not strips, but flat plywood shapes that fill the depth of the cowl.

53fp1.jpg

Quick update...

speederupdate1.jpg

So close, but yet so far away...

I was really hoping to have this running by tonight...But alas, it is not there yet...I'll probably have the cart running by this weekend.

One big update is that I was able to get a cabinet shop to route the grill slats out of cabinet grade plywood...So I'll be assembling those this weekend...(if not before)

I had NO idea how big this project would end up being...But I can definitely say that I am pleased with the overall results up to this point.

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweet! I think I missed the price of the kits?

:love

You are perspiration to us all!
:cool

Amazing project. Looking sweet. I've been on this board for a number of years and the talent that continues to show itself still blows me away.

It's looking really good Jason.
Do you have the engine end caps already?
Let's see a 3/4 view of the rear including the cockpit.

Scot

Re: 1:1 Landspeeder Project...NEW PIC 10/31/07...Page 8!!!

Hey Scot,

The front/rear engine pieces are not done yet, but I'm hoping to wrap them up this weekend.

I also need to finish up the assembly/painting/installation of the grills...Most likely that's when the next pics will be posted ;)

Now that I've missed yet another self-proposed deadline...(halloween)...I will probably dive head first into the exposed engine as well. Originally I was going to skip that for a while as I knew that I could not get it done in time, but now I might as well do it.

I appreciate all the positive comments...They keep me motivated to finish this beast of a project :D

Jason

Jason,

Don't worry about deadlines.
It looks like it will be ready for next year.
Patience makes for greater detail.
At least it isn't a rush job like the others out there that are the wrong shape.
Some people settle for close enough.

Any luck in finding what the rear detail was made from and if any are avalible?

Scot

Awesome creation! sorry to start this up again but want to see this rolling soon!

The best 1:1 fand made creation I've ever seen!

Good morning...

Sadly, I have not touched the speeder in about 14 months. I've just been way too busy to even think about it.

The windshield is finished and ready to ship to me...I have all the slats cut for the grills...The seats are done and ready to install...

That leaves the headrest, greeblies, engines, and final weathering before the "prop" portion of it is wrapped up. I still need to get the chassis running, and the body connected to it.

To be completely honest, I am seriously considering selling the whole lot and letting some other talented artisan take it the last few steps. I would rather see it finished than lanquishing for another year or so in my garage. :unsure

Jason

Good morning...

To be completely honest, I am seriously considering selling the whole lot and letting some other talented artisan take it the last few steps. I would rather see it finished than lanquishing for another year or so in my garage. :unsure

Jason

What???:eek:eek

Your so close. You can stick it out.

Haven't touched it in 14 months? No wonder I never got a call about doing the dash lights. ;)

ATM
ShackMan

Dude you gotta finish it. So much time and effort put into it already. It would be a shame if you don't get to see its completion.

put up some pics of where it is now and let the bidding begin....

Need Help Identifying Landspeeder Greeblies

Hi guys.

I recently picked up a project for a friend and need the all knowing RPF members help ID'ing some parts.

speederupdate1_1.jpg

1st up is the dash......

dash.jpg

I know some of the stuff on that panel are 3po pistons....and maybe a restraining bolt top. I also thought that I could get away with a P2 slot bottom for the long metallic part in the upper middle (unless somebody knows exactly what it is :D) I also have the counter on the bottom identified.

Next up is the back pieces.....

backpanel.jpg

I spoke to a buddy (thanks Jim) and he hooked me up with some vintage pic chips and slots for the surrounding stuff....but for the life of me I have no idea what that stuff is in the middle. Any idea????

Last thing is the steering wheel. Anybody have any leads on what kind???Maybe a vintage plane yoke?

steering.jpg

More to come as I research.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back