1/18 Firefox

Got the main parts today. this is Huge. Have to clean up the panel lines and make some supports for the inside to add strength for when i mold it. the parts look great the detail is all there. now the fun part starts getting it all ready to mold. heres a few pics.

Me too. We scaled it at 42 inches. Then you get the tape measure and look at 42. And go. Wow. Even in these pictures its still hard to tell how big it is. Once i get the parts glued up. I will try to take better pics to show the size.

How do you think the panel lines will hold up to the surface being sanded smooth. I hope they are ok, as its panel lines that always seem to let down resin or fibreglass model aircraft.

Keith.

The panel lines were designed deeper than normal. To allow for sanding and primer. Ive never had a problem with panel lines on fiberglass. What i like to do is after all the priming and sanding is done i clean all the panel lines out right before i pour silicone. Plus i use gel coat on my parts. Ive seen alot of fiberglass parts that are just raw glass. I dont like to do that. I think you get a better finish with a gel coated part. But i will take plenty of close up pics of the finished parts to show they are all there.

OK temp glued it together mainly to ensure the shape stays true until i can get started. when you work with printed parts you always have to be aware that the parts depending on thickness, can move and warp. so the safest thing to do is keep them flat and in the house out of the heat especially here in Texas.

So i took a few more pics to show size and detail. the primer can is 8 inches long.

Still have to clean up the panel lines. and officially join the parts for good, im going to make some internal braces to help with strength. More soon.

Al

You are going to make a lot of dreams come true with that. Very, very nice!

Keith.

I hope so. I know Will has wanted this forever and i have always liked this plane. So going to keep the cost down. I suggest if you anyone wants one to get them when we first offer it. because after the initial Run. i wont be making any more. it will be time to move onto another project. But still awhile for that.

Al

great work, this would look fantastic wall mounted.

keith, get yourself a bib, you're drooling!

-z

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back