Jurassic World (Post-release)

Re: Jurassic World

Saw it tonight and I agree with one of the spoiler comments I think I read...

She said the Abominable Rex had a tracker in it... so why wouldn't they just wait before going in. And come to think of it... why couldn't she just call on the phone for that info. She was phoning into the control room for all kinds of other stuff.

Also... I'm tired of the cliche of the cell phone losing reception at a critical moment... and then ringing after it just lost reception to draw the attention of the Indominoes Pizza Rex.

And how come Dr. Wu
seemed so evil in this one
?

I liked finally seeing an
Ankylosaurus. That's always been my favorite. At least he got a few good wacks in on the Inpossible Rex before his head got chomped.

Overall it was fun... just the whole premise for how it escape that was kind of stupid.

If they can engineer a dino to be scarier, why can't they just engineer the scary teethy ones to be more docile?

One, a docile toothy dino isn't as scary/attractive to the park goers. Two, the genetic tampering was to create weaponized dinosaurs so making them docile would be counterproductive.

Wu also explained they couldn't have the desired menacing look without the attitude when tampering with the engineered genetics.

Also, a follow up on my local theater already eliminating the film from their lineup...They apparently told my friend Brian they would have it throughout the holiday weekend, which they didn't, so he had to take his kids out of town to even see the film. ><

Complete piece of steaming crap. It was like pieces ripped from previous installments redone with bad actors. The characters were lifeless cliches, the acting was uniformly bad (my god that woman playing Claire was atrocious!), and the story was plain dumb. Recycled rubbish. What a waste.

Complete piece of steaming crap. It was like pieces ripped from previous installments redone with bad actors. The characters were lifeless cliches, the acting was uniformly bad (my god that woman playing Claire was atrocious!), and the story was plain dumb. Recycled rubbish. What a waste.

Gonna just utterly pass this up and keep it from getting in my brain at all then.
Mucking with the original I already had serious problems, unless there was just overwhelming
consensus it was amazing I'm not going near it.

As for the acting, although the characters lacked depth it was leaps and bounds better than any performance in the 2nd or 3rd film.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Kid is what, 16? That's all I cared about at that age...

I dunno, it was a fun flick. If you were looking for Lawrence of Arabia you're of course going to be disappointed.

Just got old fast and made him utterly unlikable.
Did we learn anything else about that kid? I do not even remember.

The older brother's horny streak didn't come off likable because it was handled wrong. He already had a girl at home and he wasn't focused on a consistent specific girl at the part.

Basic fiction writing 101 - people don't like protagonists who try to cheat without some scrap of a reason.

I really liked Jurassic World. Maybe a bit cliché, but it's Hollywood... I loved all of the references from the first movies. And it was so satisfying to see the T Rex again beating the crap of the Indominus Rex. I didn't find any of the characters irrelevant, they are building the story and you need characters like that to make the story move on. I kinda felt bad for the assistant though xD. There were a few thrilling moments, especially when they discover the Indominus Rex can camouflage. Anyway, it was fun to watch and it doesn't denature Jurassic Park in my opinion. Would watch again :thumbsup

Last edited:
I really liked Jurassic World. Maybe a bit cliché, but it's Hollywood... I loved all of the references from the first movies. And it was so satisfying to see the T Rex again beating the crap of the Indominus Rex. I didn't find any of the characters irrelevant, they are building the story and you need characters like that to make the story move on. I kinda felt bad for the assistant though xD. There were a few thrilling moments, especially when they discover the Indominus Rex can camouflage. Anyway, it was fun to watch and it doesn't denature Jurassic Park in my opinion. Would watch again :thumbsup

Yeah :) I'll be getting the bluray. I loved seeing THE T-rex on the big screen again and the fact that was supposed to be the very same T-rex we sort of fell in love with back in 1993. One of my biggest gripes was the music. Loves Giacchino's work on ALIAS, LOST and Mission Impossible but he is definitely no John Williams. :(

Yeah, the theme is the most recognisable, I had chilled when I heard it for the first time in Jurassic world haha

Me too. It didn't really fit where they placed it in the film and a few times when I expected the theme to play, it didn't.
I saw Superman Returns in the theater four times, mostly because of the music and those yummy chills and goosebumps Williams' brilliance almost always cause :p

Just watched the Blu-ray and I'll have to say I enjoyed this one. Yeah, the intelligent dinosaurs does get overplayed, but I could deal with it. And I at least kind of liked the kids in this one, I couldn't stand the daughter in 2 and I absolutely loathed that kid in 3, not to mention his mother--oh, I wanted both of them to get eaten in that one!!

Same boat, just watched it with my ten year old, he loved it, and I thought it was good too.

Was glad the guy in the hollow tree made it out ok, because until that last scene his fate was just more or less ignored.

I also liked the way the veloceraptor and the T rex teamed up to take out the abomination that was based on both of them, like they knew on some instinctive level it didn't belong in the world.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I found these beauties online...

CzGuE9G.png

64DtiGG.jpg

:lol

And also the woman whose lack of ability to react immediately and get people to safety early in the crisis caused the deaths of (likely) hundreds.

seeing this thread brought back, i was curious my girlfriend really enjoyed the movie and i want to get her the bluray. whats the best bluray version to buy?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back