Jurassic World (Post-release)

It really bugged me that those close up shots of the raptors heads in the cages had to be CG. I mean come on, they were stationary heads that could have been much more convincing as animatronics but instead they were sub-par CG.

Just got back from seeing it with the family. My expectations for this movie were low. I didn't need the masterpiece of the first one, just give me a fun flick with dinos running loose in the park.

I got that.

Characters didn't have depth, story didn't really have much meaning, but it was a fun ride start to finish. Easily the 2nd best film of the franchise.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Loved it. Yes, there are a dozen things I could nitpick, but you know what? I don't want to. I had a lot of fun, my kids had a lot of fun, and it was wildly better than the other sequels, which I'm going to just ignore from here out. My blu-ray collection will have JP1 and JW and that's good enough for me.

I am a JP fan for Life!!!
and the one easter egg that I really loved was the banner in the JP1 building and going through it. The cg was good the "New Dino" was a cocktail of creatures that someone at iN Gen said "Lets take a T-Rex and add every bad ***** reptile and Amphibian we know of and call it a day." The iN Gen corporation is always the bad flipside of the true Hammond followers.and think about the profits the Jimmy Fallon Cameo was amusing but one of the biggest nods to Alan Grant was the Road Flare and then there was Mr. DNA. The Mercedes 6x6 could have had a longer screen time due to it's potential, I am kind of miffed about the Director's death where they didn't even give him a chance for escape. the kids are geniuses when t comes to restarting an old 1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. the youngest would feel right at home here on the RPF I liked the hologram of the Dinosaur (for the life of me I can't remember it's name but it is the spitter that has the frills) distracting the raptor. One of the people sitting next to me said that he was sad because he Didn't see a SPAS 12 shotgun what he called the official shotgun of Dinosaur hunting, but the 45-70 leveraction was a good replacement and so was the UTS 15 shotgun but it should have had slugs instead of tazer rounds.
All in all I enjoyed it and thought it was a good successor to the original trilogy.

Enjoyed it. A few early scenes are way too talky, characters going on about something long after the thought is established--paring down at the script stage was needed there. Also several instances of dialogue being way too on the nose, or announcing "THIS IS THE THEME OF THIS SCENE!!", not leaving things in subtext.

But the main takeaway I had was: isn't that kid annoyed by all of that HAIR? :lol

I was also a little taken aback by the product placement at first, but honestly it's probably actually a little more realistic. Yeah, that building probably would be called the "Samsung Aviary" (forgot the exact name) in reality, and we wouldn't bat an eye. The only reason we probably care is because we know it's a movie, and we've trained ourselves to call out product placements.

I had a total blast watching it. It was just pure fun, I didn't try to over analyze anything, I didn't try to nitpick. I just went with it and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

One thing I wasn't expecting was how brutal it was. When they climb the hill to see all the dead dinosaurs, kids started crying in my theater. There's some serious dino carnage that I really wasn't expecting from a kids movie!

Wow...glad the kids knew how to repair the jeep. Why did the clean up crew leave all that fancy equipment there? Oh nostalgia... OK then.

Somehow the moasaurus cleared that fence. Maybe my perspective was skewed but it looked like he could've jumped out even without the fence there! Safety was horrible at the park.

I thought it was excellent. My only real complaint I have is the end. The end is where they took the Owen/raptors relationship beyond believability, even taking into account we're talking about resurrected dinosaurs. That and the T-Rex didn't eat the raptor after the big fight. And is there anyone who didn't say from the very beginning that the Vincent D'Onofrio character was going to be eaten before the end of the movie?

And did anyone else notice there was no scene in the movie during which it was raining? All three of the other movies had a major scene taking place in the rain.

Last edited:
Saw it last night with my wife, who happens to be a die-hard JP fan. I loved it, and so did she. The movie made me feel the same way I felt when I was 9 and saw the original Jurassic Park Was it perfect? No. But as far as summer movies go, or movies in general, it did the job of entertaining me.

Also, to me, Blue is this year's Groot.

I didn't catch it for this film, but was Blue a boy or girl Raptor? All I could think of was the reference of the name popping in my head from "Old School" hahah!

You're my boy, Blue!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Considering they call every other dinosaur in the movie she, I'm guessing Blue is as well

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I didn't catch it for this film, but was Blue a boy or girl Raptor? All I could think of was the reference of the name popping in my head from "Old School" hahah!

You're my boy, Blue!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

When Vincent D's character was getting up close with the raptors, he called Blue "he" and Owen's assistant corrected him that Blue's a "she".

It really bugged me that those close up shots of the raptors heads in the cages had to be CG. I mean come on, they were stationary heads that could have been much more convincing as animatronics but instead they were sub-par CG.

Looked to me like they were animatronics, digitally enhanced with moving eyes and nostrils. Agreed that it felt "off," though, just not for the reasons you say.

Last edited by a moderator:
This should give Neill Blomkamp some studio confidence. Sequels that seem to disregard other sequels to the franchise becoming surprising successes? Mmm. Maybe I should see this film.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back