Jurassic World (Post-release)

Personally I felt there wasn't much point in featuring the T-Rex throughout the movie since the I-Rex plays a very similar role, plus it makes the final battle that much more climatic when she finally does show.

What's to close? Nedry dropped it in the mud, the refrigerant eventually ran out, and the embryos died. The rusted can is probably still in the ground.

Yep - very well-hidden underneath the mud, the island is evacuated, no one even knows to look for it, and enough coolant for only 36 hours.

What's to close? Nedry dropped it in the mud, the refrigerant eventually ran out, and the embryos died. The rusted can is probably still in the ground.
From a fan perspective it was always the one story line left open in the films.
Everyone anticipated it to be the story behind TLW but no. JP3 came and went and now we're 22 years on...still nothing from JW.

Granted the coolant after 36 hours was done, but didn't we just see a JP Jeep fire up with 22 year old gasoline in the injectors?

Outside of the films though we do get two stories for the cryocan.
1. Dodson and another hired gun show up, find the Jeep, search the area and find the can and that story ensues in the game.
2. A bunch of college kids find the island, find the can, do shots with the DNA vials and thus we get the fan film 'Jurassic People'

Sure there is nothing to tell....but to many fans it was something they wanted to see expanded on. The studio just never followed up on it.

What is a fan perspective? I'm a fan, but I know a story thread being closed when I see one. :)
If others came along later and made something else out of it for their stories, then they were subverting the intent of the original storytellers.
I grant you, such things do happen....but the ability of someone else to come along and REopen a door does not mean it LEFT open to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

In fact, it would have been a fun throwaway easter egg for the rusted can to be visible somewhere under the foliage in the shot where the monorail passes through the original gate. ;)

As a fan, when I saw the cryocan buried in the mud I thought 'left open for a sequel' along with many others.
It's on us that we 'assumed' it would be used...so therefore some are left wondering 'whatever happened to it?'.

Of course he know it's still buried and no longer any good...but the wonder is still there.

Well the can ended up in the commercial for the film and barbasol so we at least have that.

The can was provided by one of our own as well.

As a fan, when I saw the cryocan buried in the mud I thought 'left open for a sequel' along with many others.
That might have been the case, right up until the "buried in mud". Dropped on the ground in the middle of the road and left in the open? Sure, no problem, open to whatever. Completely off of any beaten path and buried in mud? No, that easily implied to me that it would never be found. In fact, it wasn't until about three minutes ago when I read these posts that I had even heard that anyone thought that was open to anything.

Yeah, it never would have occurred to me that anyone would ever find the can. Lost in the mud, getting covered up as Nedry is eaten. Seemed to succinctly close that plotline to me.

Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised with the movie. I went in not expecting much, and I left wanting to go see it again. That may be the first film this year I've wanted to see twice (looking at you, Avengers).

The wife and I just got back from dinner and the movie. Flawed movie, as mentioned earlier, but a really fun ride. Those flaws will probably bother me more on repeat viewings but we were quite entertained by it.

Saw it today, way ahead of TLW and jp3. It took me back to how I felt watching the original the first time in the theater.

Saw it today, way ahead of TLW and jp3. It took me back to how I felt watching the original the first time in the theater.

Same thoughts here. Just got back from an IMAX show. Definitely the best sequel in the franchise. Worthy follow-up to the first movie.

I'd give it 5 out of 10. here's my ups and downs.

![Slight Spoiler Alert]!
Upside:
1. Chris Pratt was great, his character wasn't just a rehash of starlord.
2. The ending was the best, and super strong. The Last 30 minutes was seriously great, and made the movie stand out for me.
3. As a JP fan it was fantastic to see the flashback scene and reconnect with some of the old props. The overall film really captured the feeling of JP.
4. Jake Johnson was very enjoyable. His character perfectly represented the old time fans of JP.
5. The score was surprisingly great. From the trailer it seemed that the music wouldn't feel like JP, but that's completely false. Michael Giacchino filled John Williams shoes very well.

Downside:
1. The beginning was very slow. The movie didn't start until Chris Pratt showed up 30 minutes into the movie.
2. The 2 kids were completely unnecessary to the core story. I felt like the only reason they were there, was simply because every other JP film somehow involved kids. I'm honestly thinking of doing a re-edit when the Blu-ray comes out without any of the kids.
3. There were a lot of obvious product placements in the film. Some of the shots were straight from a car commercial. I don't mind product placement, but there were multiple moments where they took you out of the movie.
4. The over use of CGI was the main thing that bugged me. I only saw 2 moments where a real puppet/animatronic was used. Out of all of the shots showing Dinosaurs about 1/3 to 3/8 of them could have been done with practical effects but weren't.

Overall, I enjoyed the film. It very much had a feeling/vibe from the first film. There were many moments where I was on the edge of my seat. Even though there were moments that took me out of the movie, I would recommend it to any JP fan.

I'm going to see it tonight, after the disappointment of JP3. I never thought they could pull off another one, but after reading these posts it fils me with some confidence and now looking forward to tonight.

tell ya what if I see a smashed up Ford Explorer at the bottom of a tree I will pee my pants in excitement!!

I'm going to see it tonight, after the disappointment of JP3. I never thought they could pull off another one, but after reading these posts it fils me with some confidence and now looking forward to tonight.

tell ya what if I see a smashed up Ford Explorer at the bottom of a tree I will pee my pants in excitement!!

I went in expecting a bad movie, but I was very happily surprised. Pure, fun entertainment. You could feel the original's presence, so to speak. Also, keep a sharp eye on the book that is sitting on the control room counter. Awesome little easter egg. ;)

I went in expecting a bad movie, but I was very happily surprised. Pure, fun entertainment. You could feel the original's presence, so to speak. Also, keep a sharp eye on the book that is sitting on the control room counter. Awesome little easter egg. ;)

Oh oh I will thank you! Any other Easter eggs to look for?!?!??

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back