Denix Mauser Mods and ESB Blaster Re-Build WIP

Gorgeous. I had to leave my denix behind when I moved countries (didn't want to have a conversation at the airport lol), hoping to find an MGC around though. The aluminium black on the flash hider looks great :thumbsup

Thanks guys. While I wait for the final piece, I figured I would work on the safety a bit. I had cleaned it up a little before, but I didn't really take it as far as I could have. I drilled through it, took off all the awful Denix knurling and made bigger knurls on the back half only. I think it looks a lot better now and is one more thing you can do to make these less Denixy.

I finally got the accurate mounting disk from BobaDebt, and I think it looks great. The knurling and the angles all look good to me. I wasn't so sure about the anodized finish at first, but it weathered up easily. Much easier than other anodized parts I've dealt with. I'm so excited.

matty matt, this DL-44 is smoking hot!

Is that part a known found part? I know you said you got it from Bobadebt, but is the original part known?

matty matt, this DL-44 is smoking hot!

Is that part a known found part? I know you said you got it from Bobadebt, but is the original part known?

Thanks man. The part hasn't been identified yet. It's similar to some camera mounting screws, but the exact one hasn't been found.

Where have all the lovely pictures gone!

They seem to be back now. Photobucket was down for a while.

I think I am calling this complete for now! I left off the greeblies for the time being. I'm not convinced about what was really on there during filming, and I kind of like it plain. Of course I'll probably mess with the weathering from time to time as well.

This is truly a Denix that I am proud to own now. I think I "de-Denixed" just about everything I could and I had a fun time doing it. Thanks everyone! Hope you guys like it.

Thanks guys.

That's so damn good. The flash hider weathering job is especially noticeable to me. And good catch with the original grips.

Yeah, I'm really glad I did the extra work and replaced the grips. Not only do they look better, but they feel so much better in your hand.

This trigger side is flat to, this is a mgc

3dVsqWR.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back