just found one more of the landing leg cables
this was over at the 'Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?' thread
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=209049&page=162&p=4136303&viewfull=1#post4136303
48c9af48a1bca3f6de2751dede2d863b.jpg

Yes it's the full scale Falcon for TFA shot, like me l'm using artistic license slightly like the build team on that movie.

Last edited:
All good stuff, sorry not been on that much, just been busy with work and clients etc. Anyhoo, here's Shapeway's exellent gun and seats so far.
l've other stuff to review as it comes, slow but steady . . . bit by bit.

SDHaLHWl.jpg

Last edited:
Not much done lately so sorry guys, work load been busy of late. Cut out the flooring on the hold bay and considering doing an engine bay part now and reviewing my best 3D print options to show if l find the best out there... still like the floor given but if anyone would like me to do the engine/grill versions let me know, apart from that the birds ready to seal shut and do a professional shoot with.

JWpqdCZl.jpg

(l've updated page 38 with the TFA radar a little, drybrushing the next stage out of 3 etc).

Last edited:
Not much done lately so sorry guys, work load been busy of late. Cut out the flooring on the hold bay and considering doing an engine bay part now and reviewing my best 3D print options to show if l find the best out there... still like the floor given but if anyone would like me to do the engine/grill versions let me know, apart from that the birds ready to seal shut and do a professional shoot with.

Hey Darkview. Good to see you're still alive !

I'd be interested in the 3D print options for the engine pit. I still have that bit to do. Holes also done, and lights ready to install. Was considering doing a scratch build pit from bits and pieces. But 3D print option would be a lot quicker :)

I assume you're only going to do the one ?? Or what's the thinking there ? My lighting could stretch for 2, but it would look a lot better & uniform if I only did one.

I wonder what's actually more screen accurate ? Lighting for 2 pits, or just one ??

I'm just doing the one pit and in talks to buy what's best for the Falcon, Im not bothering with lights at this moment. I'll let you know what l get and show it here folks!.

Those blue lights in the pit do look pretty special.......... Can you hear temptation calling ? [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G'day Jordan ,
' Gobsmacking stuff ' as we've come to expect from your work mate ! . Did you apply the same ' oil ' method for the TFA rectenna ? .
Mate , you've got to put in a 3rd party hold floor ( yes the finish you achieved with the ' stock ' part is terrific , but considering the amount of work/time/effort and details you've put into it , not to mention some of the 3D parts you've already purchased ( all brilliantly finished ) , I dunno....probably putting my foot in it , but , ....Anyhoo .
Thanks for sharing .
Cheers Ged :thumbsup

Hi Ged,
No l used other means mentioned above and page 38. I'm thinking about the floor maybe!? It's just the add ons needed like support pegs separate etc need to seal this bird up soon I reckon plus l worry over the words (grainy effect) for black to floor descriptions I've seen on SHAPEWAYS but If anyone wants me to make & review a 3D printed floor let me know.

The radar took a lot of work to make half decent looking due to poor print lines and brittle areas, that's coming from it's description of its texture Ultra Fine Detail!. ld expect total perfection in it texture for the price.

The pipes on the front l had to replace with brass!. I guess it was a very fine detailed radar so ld recommend experienced model makers for it. The designers and guys at SHAPEWAY have been great to talk with over this.

I've got the Paragrafix photoetch flooring. Far better to go with that than the 3D printing stuff if you ask me. Whack it down and your done !

Have a picture if you want.

I'd love to hear/see close ups of people's experience of the Falcon hold flooring described by Shapeways as STRONG & FLEXIBLE: BLACK/WHITE NYLON PLASTIC WITH A MATTE FINISH AND SLIGHT GRAIN... it's the slight grain that's bothering me. There's 'polished' descriptions too!.

Thing is I expect it to be smooth whatever its description and for its money. Im the type who wants to see actual photography of various items as well as graphics when it comes to online shopping.

They do a sample grade packs of there various textures but again not cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back