'Self levelling' primer sounds a worry!, if anyone has used it on Frosted Ultra Details on the level of this detailed radar work please let me know!.

This is just to show the legs under, l wasn't going to release the bolts just yet as the 4 are correct height till l join the top half....
its just to give an impression of the finished gears..

The one on the left isn't placed in, it's just for sample...

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr300/darkviewman/IMG_8217_zpsotavy21i.jpg
I really like what you did with your landing gear. What did you use to determine the locations of the hoses/guitar strings on each gear? The only shots I can think of are from ESB and it's pretty limited.

Hi Kokkari, l spent many hours checking google/books and the movies ANH & ESB actual Falcon size sets. Everything else is artistic license and constructive guess work for the unseen work that's never been referenced.

a few pics here from the full size sets showing cables etc will give some idea of their arrangement
7IbXv.jpg8u4mN.jpg10_slug_belly.jpg397342_472788289421176_1050118793_n.jpg1360361183575b.jpgd15e.jpgfalconjabbamandible.jpgfalconmandibledetails.jpg

Attachments

• 8BcHF.jpg
    8BcHF.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 224
there is a decent hobby store in Woodland Hills on Canoga and Vanowen-ish. He has a great selection of paints and model making supplies.

I second that, I go there often, it's near me and I like the owner far better then Smith Brother's, the people there aren't very welcoming and seem to have little interest in our hobby.....

And I need to commend darkview on what I feel, IMHO, is by far the most realistic and in-scale paint job ever, love your thread and your work.......:thumbsup

So, I wasn't happy with the way I painted my falcon so I stripped the paint off and started over again. While I was searching through photos from the new Chronicles book out of Japan, I noticed something over the cockpit. It looked like a Route 1 symbol with a red triangle over the top. I enlarged it and then I started to recreate it on my computer. This is what I came up with. The first photo is of the stock photo the second is what I created. Let me know what you think. Thanks
7a3dbe1f352fa3234f289fff9f966af0.jpg
cc65615f1ab105af24eb641ddf01c415.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: FALCON 32" hunk of junk build

So, I wasn't happy with the way I painted my falcon so I stripped the paint off and started over again. While I was searching through photos from the new Chronicles book out of Japan, I noticed something over the cockpit. It looked like a Route 1 symbol with a red triangle over the top. I enlarged it and then I started to recreate it on my computer. This is what I came up with. The first photo is of the stock photo the second is what I created. Let me know what you think. Thanks https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170319/7a3dbe1f352fa3234f289fff9f966af0.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170319/cc65615f1ab105af24eb641ddf01c415.jpg

Decal/marking looks good. I believe that was only there on the ANH model and not on the later models.

IIRC, it is a ship ID marking and Solo would swap them out or remove for some ambiguity.

Trying to be constructive, I think your paint job could use an update with airbrushing and masking of colored panels. Did you handbrush?

FALCON 32" hunk of junk build

I did hand brush. I am going back and re-painting as I go. I don't own an airbrush. I purchased this model so my son and I could build it together. I was under the impression that it was coming prepainted. As you can tell painting is not one of my strong points. I appreciate the feedback. Thanks

It's a basic a semi covered replica and leaves us all to do way we want. Check thro my thread it will show you no need for airbrush work... I've been there before but not for years in fine spraying.

That's not the ESB Falcon with the dark Triangle above the cockpit window top.

So, I wasn't happy with the way I painted my falcon so I stripped the paint off and started over again. While I was searching through photos from the new Chronicles book out of Japan, I noticed something over the cockpit. It looked like a Route 1 symbol with a red triangle over the top. I enlarged it and then I started to recreate it on my computer. This is what I came up with. The first photo is of the stock photo the second is what I created. Let me know what you think. Thanks https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170319/7a3dbe1f352fa3234f289fff9f966af0.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170319/cc65615f1ab105af24eb641ddf01c415.jpg

074121edceecd555429f1cd58454f49f.jpg

This is a larger picture of the same stock photo from the Japanese book. The picture is labeled the Empire Strikes Back.

Even though we call it the 5ft or ANH Falcon it still appeared in all 3 OT movies.

Edit: Come to think of it that photo looks to be from the lucas film archive book where they screwed it up and got the Empire and ANH Falcons mixed up.

Last edited:
Re: FALCON 32" hunk of junk build

I did hand brush. I am going back and re-painting as I go. I don't own an airbrush. I purchased this model so my son and I could build it together. I was under the impression that it was coming prepainted. As you can tell painting is not one of my strong points. I appreciate the feedback. Thanks

Seriously consider investing in an airbrush. One of the more enjoyable aspects of model building is airbrushing!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back