There's plenty time for dust later..., the blueprint needs more of the falcons underside done first then l will James ;-)

Last edited:
Re: FALCON 32" hunk of junk build

Heres 2 more of the underside, l prefer doing it in sections... It is a ship after all that's under constant repair & replacement... My delieveries have been slow so detailing each part just gives me time to research each part...

bfd7772a6ac97e3ee23f4d4971560545_zpsj0fjpv4r.jpg

Last edited:
Well that's the innards finished bar the grid floor which l may add further down the line... Still like the tiles!!
b6c0a1a74c0339d08cf8bc932d9962ed_zpsd18i0r7q.jpg

2ff409a070c85f30ca5fb36b8fb3c7b9_zpsagbphurz.jpg

Ive set the Jig up though I mixed all of them together in a bag so took me a while to find what went where, if you haven't removed them from the bags I'd mark them with a felt pen (issue No.) not to mix them up ;-).

Last edited:
That is so incredible I don't have words other than superior work!

I've just begun to assemble the MPC 1989 reissue Millennium Falcon, originally the ROTJ one.

How accurate can I get it compared to yours? Any and all tips greatly appreciated!

Thanks, I had the very 1st MPC kit way back..80s. Not sure l remember the building of it I've tips on my thread here if it's dagostini's model you may need info about.

Last edited:
My monthly delievery arrived 31-34. If you subscibe do have patience as its generally 5-6 week wait lve found!
This is the frame up to issue 34...
f45470cf0d5b3c2b976c763def5c7b00_zpszmgcjxev.jpg

Below with the jig complete,(issue 31). I've not bothered with the board & double sided tape to grip it due to a lack of space,
buying a big board & tables, my carpet gives it grip!!.

l will weather what remains of the underside section shell l attached temporally earlier in this thread when lve this frame
complete as its heavy now & want to make sure it's as solid as possible before attaching more hull parts, No buckling Mr!!!
It's a long haul before anything exciting happens l guess...
So lm back to the fuel spaceport fuel tank build & my Sidkit Bladerunner Blaster build.
f8823a1d6ace0bb01bda3e910f7159fd_zpsu99nsbmp.jpg

Any querries about the Falcon build just ask...

Last edited:
Man, this is looking great! Love the weathering job you have done to the interior parts, especially the hallway pads. I hope my falcon looks half as good as this, lol.

TIP: To make life easier with your underside hull plating lve numbered the issue it came from and its ref in marker
on the back...that way l can put them in 1 bag together to collect then the build guides easier... Same goes for the jig.
15c8bc3125b644f4a49010a41f86c156_zpswetzelay.jpg

Man, that's looking great! Really love your weathering.

I am only at the first 4 issues, but looking at the small bottom frame I have so far and looking at your nearly completed bottom frame, this beauty is looking like it has the dish curves more like the 5 footer. Do any of you concur or are my eyes fooling me, lol

This in not a critique, btw, just an observation.

Thanks, people are at all different stages, taking time & enjoying the builds the key :). One advantage for you is that you'll get great pros & cons from people's builds,

I'm not sure what you mean about dish curves!!?I love the 5fter I've I've seen on various sites.

In regards to "dish curves" I mean the curve of the falcon. The 5 footer is notoriously known for its fatter height top to bottom while the ESB 32" is known for being flatter (hocky puck lol) like. The metal internal armature looks like it may be a bit fatter, thus curvier, than the 32" and like the 5 footer???

Just my observation. Probably too early or my eyes need adjustment, lol.

Yeah seen the picture differences - in ESB the Falcon had those landing gear boxes that made it fatter, part of its extra Extra support etc.. it was known as a 'Han & Chewie improvement' ;-)

Tad more weathering... Grows with the build and references...the Deago magazine say they'll be showing at a later date never before seen weather details of the ESB Falcon come the time...so more to do at a later date no doubt... And if lve made a mistake wrong colour patch I can white spirit clean off any.
517a099a35e45f11b2ab95052dc99d47_zpsxl5mkggm.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back