Here, the legs l did before the custom parts... l'll get into the back double legs later, lm still waiting for 98/99/100 delivery with the other leg so in the meantime l did all above etc..

IMG_8145_zpsnkk3o0il.jpg

IMG_8146_zpslathpcon.jpg

Hello, Thought id show you my 3 main front area legs with the added doors and pipe work. l used old guitar wiring like l did a way back on the hold and passage ways. Thanks to RIFF-RAFF Guitar shop for free near me in Sunderland. The doors are just Black plastic card glued then primed and dry-brushed. You'll see the inner fold doors that lve to paint then add (2nd/3rd picture center).
The doors themselves are interchangeable and clip out. Ive added artistic license to the making of them as there's not a great deal to reference from. I may half the doors heights.

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr300/darkviewman/IMG_8147_zpsjse5nuxp.jpg

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr300/darkviewman/IMG_8181_zpsjsvnogiq.jpg

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr300/darkviewman/IMG_8184_zpsl0utaezm.jpg

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr300/darkviewman/IMG_8192_zpskzcgcy1y.jpg

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr300/darkviewman/IMG_8191_zpsugaots1o.jpg

Beautiful

J

Materials used...
IMG_8193_zpsuqvviryy.jpg

Below: The picture on the right shows the mini bricks screwed n' glued into the landing pad from above...(i used micro screws and spares from the build) l just click the doors in once the panels are superglued dried.

IMG_8195_zpsemf54qpt.jpg

Below: I'm showing the mini black bricks separate, they click in place... the long black blended parts are cable ties from Wilkos & the web.

IMG_8197_zpscnybfgmn.jpg

Last edited:
I'm lucky enough to have had a few sheets l bought years back, great stuff to work with if you haven't.
Whites cheaper if preferred. Usually comes in 2 sheets A4ish in size. About £5 for all below...
JAVIS 20B BLACK PLASTIC BUILDING CARD APPROX 9" BY 12" - 2 SHEETS

JAVIS 30B BLACK PLASTIC BUILDING CARD APPROX 9" BY 12" - 2 SHEETS

Ive thick 40/50/60B too as it's very handy if you like scratch modelling.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does 20b mean guys? These sheets are not available in the US. Can I ask to if you can measure the thickness for me? I looks like its maybe 1 or 2 mm? I can get other sheets here in the US.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

20b/30b just refers to the thickness if I'm not mistaken.

20B - Thickness: 0.02", 0.25mm.
30B - Thickness: 0.03", 0.75mm.

You can try Evergreen Styrene sheets, that's what we got here in Oz.

Freakin Awesome . Thanks as always for sharing Jordan . Only up to # 43 over here , but , as with so much else I'll be ' borrowing ' the help and tips you've provided all along . Cheers , Ged .✌

20b/30b just refers to the thickness if I'm not mistaken.

20B - Thickness: 0.02", 0.25mm.
30B - Thickness: 0.03", 0.75mm.

You can try Evergreen Styrene sheets, that's what we got here in Oz.

VJ's right, yes I'd try Evergreen styrene, the B stands for Black so you'll see B or W next to number. Also a 1mm comes in useful.

Here's my work in progress on the back double legs doors and last leg angle folded door ...

IMG_8200_zpsmkconjv5.jpg

Below: before priming l've added the Pixel-Bricks so l know the connection to the doors fit & can clip out perfectly . . .
IMG_8201_zpsy5azbsfi.jpg

Last edited:
This will be a task to recreate.... the Cyan shows whats missing on the back legs... respect to the draughtsman that created this... l'm just coming up with a happy medium... not even sure if I'll go there...as the Falcon has so many variations of landing gears from studio movie full size to studio miniature model... not sure to go total on this. also I will be only having the landing gears for use in photography because l want mainly my Falcon a flying bird when it's finished.

BACK%20LEG%20INFO2_zpsk9m054ky.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that last post Jordan . Still aways off these , but you're right it looks a challenge . I'm hoping to display mine ( eventually ! ) legs down in an echo-base setting , so this is terrific info should an 'attempt ' be made . Cheers , Ged .

Cheers, irony is the Hasbo toy hero Falcon & MPC kit have this missing detail of sorts !!!

Most sample back landing gears 'missing parts' are from the life size struts from what research l did for reference. Again depending on movie you'll get differences in both doors and struts so lm just doing a happy medium in my making.

Last edited:
This is what lam up to so far with the leg/strut/doors etc...l would have the other back double back leg but my last 3 issues are still not received!. Will show them on the Falcon when complete...l've tried them and they fit hand in glove like!. Once these are done l will be reviewing the TFA Radar and vents etc...

IMG_8203_zps7vdz74am.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back