Why do you think I've been focusing on the little details and taking my time bro? Don't want to run out of things to do before I get new parts!

Speaking of, I hate you guys. :) Now that I know about the notches I can not unsee them like you said. I still don't think it's a big deal as far as Deago goes but now I see them on the real models, the MR, and so on. May have to try to fix it now. I blame you all.:D:lol

Tom

Speaking of, I hate you guys. :) Now that I know about the notches I can not unsee them like you said. I still don't think it's a big deal as far as Deago goes but now I see them on the real models, the MR, and so on. May have to try to fix it now. I blame you all.:D:lol

Tom

You're welcome! :D

More light grey panels & black markings added...
http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/...fcde152001182d70c0afd504e3d07_zpspa5n992c.jpg
TIP: when adding the black dots & lines use a good quality fin line UNI pin .8 or .2 permanent marker...but even those can take forever to dry (if at all). So use a hair dryer on medium heat & not to close. If anyones using a marker that drys instantly....let us know!!!!;-)

They do have Permement fine line markers. They dry pretty fast.

Mine are permanent markers, but they don't dry quick on the Model weathered base, (ie;24hrs & still a little smudge) hense my hair drying the beggar ;-).

Last edited:
It's easy to come OCD about this notch or that notch.... Don't care at this point..... There's no exact true 100% ESB FALCON detail anyway....also as a photographer l know lighting changes many many images shade,colour -never mind age, condition etc...

On the hard parts I've seen some clever corrections to the TP parts...i May do them, may not.... It's still gonna look wow on my wall in the end & Dagostini are still creating a very limited quality detail model to the masses......unique I'd say!. I'm just gonna give it my best shot, accurate to the details l find and be happy.

Last edited:
Well parts 39-43 arrived this morning...and it's TFI so beers tonight ;-)....
cc961d664c13f5caa6a63bc02e9a0377_zpsez44gnwy.jpg

39... Thought it was going to be tricky but seems straight forward, just wish the power battery supply came with it to test it.....it's a few months away... Pictures tomorrow :)

RAMP complete but no test till later which is irritating but all should work ok!. I'm thinking I should have left the legs off till I've completed attaching the lower hull plates but thats not till issue 47 if l stick to the rules. The leg pins will be tricky when your plating the hull as your constantly turning it over so think about that if your doing these parts...l may take them off then..
21c10541baa48dee6ed09f5bb0151451_zps5d6k7hwl.jpg
L
477d7811e14a41ed67cb0ca2342d30b6_zpscfn4okc8.jpg

Last edited:
I am very disappointed that the frame and motor for this ramp is in the way of the pathway. They have that awesome interior with the corridor leading to the ramp and they didn't bother connecting them. Fairly disappointing...

Well, can't have it all! The builds good enough for me and has many extra features I'm happy with...:). Really having fun today making the gun turret look detailed & interesting...

Last edited:
Yeah totally. Sorry wasn't trying to be a downer. Just woulda been soo cool to be able to look through the ramp walkway and see into the hallway and vise versa. Your work is looking amazing btw!! I haven't even started mine yet...so nervous that I am going to screw up the paint job.

Well, can't have it all! The builds good enough for me and has many extra features I'm happy with...:). Really having fun today making the gun turret look detailed & interesting...

Yeah I was thinking about finding some way to do that once I get mine. But from what I have seen the major issue is the frame. I would be VERY nervous about modifying the frame of this thing because I don't wanna risk the structural integrity of it at all. I am going to definitely look into it once I get it though.

Maybe later you can reengineer to relocate it away from the ramp , even fishing string and pulley system from somewhere else

Yeah I was thinking about finding some way to do that once I get mine. But from what I have seen the major issue is the frame. I would be VERY nervous about modifying the frame of this thing because I don't wanna risk the structural integrity of it at all. I am going to definitely look into it once I get it though.
The structural integrity...is what I plan to reinforce next year...when I start mine....with additional strips of aluminum and screws.and jbweld..the boarding ramp was going to be a modification , that I already plan on working to relocate somehow....
once I resubscribe in the US in March.....I feel this modifcation is a needed thing for me , as the boarding ramp entrance , can coexist with the rest of the interior...but that's just me!!!
I am still observing and learning from others on this build , before starting anything for a while , I feel Patience , will be my most needed tool for this kit :D

The structural integrity...is what I plan to reinforce next year...when I start mine....with additional strips of aluminum and screws.and jbweld..the boarding ramp was going to be a modification , that I already plan on working to relocate somehow....
once I resubscribe in the US in March.....I feel this modifcation is a needed thing for me , as the boarding ramp entrance , can coexist with the rest of the interior...but that's just me!!!
I am still observing and learning from others on this build , before starting anything for a while , I feel Patience , will be my most needed tool for this kit :D
That l will watch with keen interest....nervously ;-)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back