Mmm! Wasnt aware this ramp underside had problems!! Will look into it LrdSatyr8.

Id want to see visual photo refs to the corrections if l feel it needs it..

Last edited:
Mmm! Wasnt aware this ramp underside had problems!! Will look into it LrdSatyr8.

Id want to see visual photo refs to the corrections if l feel it needs it..

The hull panels on the hallway corridor both on the top and the bottom hulls have notches along all four sides of each panel. The part that they issued is missing the notches on the bottom edge as well as the outer sides of those panels. Take a look at this photo of the actual 32" for reference to what I am talking about and compare it to the hull panels on the part included with the kit. They did the same thing with the top TP-1 and TP-3 parts with the missing notches.

falcontopcomp.jpg

The hull panels on the hallway corridor both on the top and the bottom hulls have notches along all four sides of each panel. The part that they issued is missing the notches on the bottom edge as well as the outer sides of those panels. Take a look at this photo of the actual 32" for reference to what I am talking about and compare it to the hull panels on the part included with the kit. They did the same thing with the top TP-1 and TP-3 parts with the missing notches.

View attachment 549817

Just an FYI LrdSatyr8, that image you posted is of the large 5 foot falcon built for ANH and not the 32" model...you can tell by the decals that are on the surfaces, which the 32" did not have...although the plating is very simular

Yeah I know it's the 5 footer... but the hull plating notches are the same on both. This is a better pic... take a look where those parts meet the hull. You'll notice the notches. (and yes... this is a pic of the 32" incher this time)

IMG_6948.jpg

It occurs on both the top and the bottom

P1210024.jpg

Last edited:
I'm looking into it, l've the correct details info for 3 of the hull sections so may work on that at the weekend. I not that fussed to be honest! I understand the need for cockpit window correction that Dagostini are redoing.

Theres no true 100% Falcon template due to studio use, refix, remakes, breaks, parts added,lost,markings,movie versions etc etc. My evenings are filled with the RAMP detailing at moment, pictures soon.

Last edited:
RAMP: so far just need the motor in the end of the months delivery. Ive done the base weathering and landing legs etc l'll add more when all the Metal framework is all joined & Panel plating is added on.
5dd949c60494eaef441933d5eec56884_zpsearqlkpe.jpg

291058fcd72bf79a8e38ee57ad649ff4_zpsuwpwi09o.jpg

0525a5427f93bdc819e62afff25b7d78_zpslga3apav.jpg

Last edited:
Ramp colour to match studio set version...
ade68c33918ab0f45b0258ea301675f8_zpsi0qcdqis.jpg

d14c0d00ff74f7b17512cd4b710f7ac3_zpss5imngiq.jpg

Absolutely hate the 'Yellow' shading on the studio model Falcon underneath sprays, so I'm doing a subtle 'Sand' colour...I've copied the 'out of sync' grey stencils...again l'll subtle up any grey shades at a later date & add stronger rusts when we get amazing shots from the magazine of the ESB Falcon at a later date as it promises.

Last edited:
I don't think it was as much yellow as more of a light rust... but I could be wrong. Will have to wait for the detailed Hi-res images to start sifting down before we can make any real determinations.

Any chance you could do some weathering videos?????

Your work is amazing but unlike many others yours seems to be simpler, using the Deago base coat, etc.

It is one of the best if not the best.

And amen on the yellow!

Tom

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this as well. I purchased the same materials (the Winsor and Newton oil colors you specified as well as the Rub n' Buff) and practiced with several test pieces over the weekend and was not really able to replicate what you are producing. As others have pointed out, the results you are achieving look simply amazing. Either way, I appreciate the time/specific details you have provided to describe your process. I'm sure it gets bothersome at times to have to explain each little step, but that's the price you pay for doing such outstanding work ;)

Hi thanks, I'm not sure about vid but will give a step by step photo hull sample sometime soon including products used etc soon.

It's yellow on the big square patches...sample close up of it here...Seen it a few times on studio close ups . On others (whole shots) its a sand like colour but that could be camera,aged picture,scans etc...
I'm leaving it as a mild sand template and can change it come the Falcon bible photo refs promised in future issues!!! Btw..Great work on your scratchbuilt seats LrdSatyr8.
cdb189bb606bf21cd11f24a7aea49ef8_zpssl2ewpdm.jpg

Photo RAMP underside courtesy of: http://www.dnkhobbies.net/32-millennium-falcon-reference-photos/
Great references :)

Below a studio shot of the same Ramp area...
b63e5bd91f42c1a6c0a2c3238da71960_zpstaxk9phy.jpg

Just have fun creating a happy medium, remember light, photos,old photos,scans all make for different colours and make it hard to truly judge what we see & redo...
0a560dbee9a9e6f31b5e167f0a4761df_zpshiyv9npi.jpg

respect to various refs here.

Last edited:
Hi thanks, I'm not sure about vid but will give a step by step photo hull sample sometime soon including products used etc soon.

It's yellow on the big square patches...sample of it here...Seen it a few times on studio close ups ..
I'm leaving it as a mild sand template and can change it come the Falcon bible photo refs promised in future issues!!! Btw..Great work on your scratchbuilt seats LrdSatyr8.
http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/...189bb606bf21cd11f24a7aea49ef8_zpssl2ewpdm.jpg
Photo RAMP underside courtesy of: http://www.dnkhobbies.net/32-millennium-falcon-reference-photos/

Looks more like Dej'on Mustard color to me... not as bright butnot really yellow... I think it's suppose to be most of a bright rust thou because the color has faded or bleached out over the years. Thanks bro... They are coming along slowly... wish I could figure out a way of doing the hallway light slits easily.

If l put on a yellow & dirtied it down it would be...Mustard ;-) ha ha!. Good luck with the hallway lights!!! Insane details!!! Brilliant.

If l put on a yellow & dirtied it down it would be...Mustard ;-) ha ha!. Good luck with the hallway lights!!! Insane details!!! Brilliant.

LOL... Yeah... I think I may have a couple of ideas... either bending and scraping down fibers or using light tape... painting and scratching off the slits like that... not sure yet!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back