Been following a few DeAgo builds and this is my favorite so far, the weathering is perfect! You most likely don't want to but i would look into making video tip guides on YouTube. You would draw in tons of views. Anyway, amazing progress! I look forward to updates.

Been following a few DeAgo builds and this is my favorite so far, the weathering is perfect! You most likely don't want to but i would look into making video tip guides on YouTube. You would draw in tons of views. Anyway, amazing progress! I look forward to updates.

We have been trying to get him to do it. I think he is camera shy.

Tom

050bf97711f0a38f5beba647c6272f9a_zpspafcc8dx.jpg

Just an extra note TIP: if you do do this (page15) make sure you clean of all the ultra fine steel wool flakes offs that will be lying about the plating after, l vacuum them (my parts are solidly attached). I do this incase I paint any enamel paints marks (the grey/reds/blacks or extras lve missed perhaps after). Nothing worse than bits in your paintwork......

Last edited:
Cheers, finally got issues 47-50 they came Thursday gone but that was the only Sod's law day l missed the post so had to travel to a godforsakin parcel depo in the middle of nowhere. Anyway 47 continues the rear cover plates & fitting the rear machinery....
(Again l used my 1-8 step method on page 7).

badc558341966ba0f262e5d17f3df4d1_zpst95bkkmz.jpg

You may find the holes a bit tight to press in the lugs so l careful twisted my knife slightly before gluing in the parts... The fit was much easier then...
10cd80c91a1a3d9028eec04546f8a110_zpss41dcjog.jpg

Last edited:
I've found the right pen for all those black line/dots .... Permanent and drys quick on metals,plastics what have ya....
fa25bdf47fe259e4d240c7e5539d9d28_zpsz98538jc.jpg

4 hours drawing the little blighters on and still many more to do.... Then it's upgrade the rusts to the studio mess ;-).
bb78220d02f39e7fa3eb8dea71f41228_zpszpzpilui.jpg

Last edited:
Must say yours is the standard I'm aiming for though I fear I've not a cat in hells chance of getting anywhere near! Can I ask, did you use oils for the weathering effects?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, It's all here in the thread, (page7) tells the technique but read though if you like to follow my methods ... :) you'll get there...bit by bit l say...

Ah thanks, I want to try and replicate these effects using acrylic washes so that I can use oils at the very end for the grime and streaks etc. Watch me bugger it all up :$

Have you started it? I recommend you read through the whole thread...TIPS etc cheap tools like make up brushes/application sponges etc etc you'll do great :)

Last edited:
"4 hours drawing the little blighters on and still many more to do…."

Just an fyi,.. there are aprox. 999 to 1028 depending on definition.;)

this might help:

Don't forget to download your hash marks position map!

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=249698

Hash mark decals are available.

Shameless plug.:facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks...that helps...(not) ;-) ... But bit by bit.... I'll do a 1000 or so.. And keep going till I see more studio ESB refs..... Plus yours are only semi accurate (your link) to the original marks...(and believe me I've check them all). Anyway l need more of the ESB studios shots the mag will be giving l hear) ...we'll all not get a absolutely Studio Falcon but lovin it so far as a build. Trouble is the magazine has loads of replica references not are not ESB here & there...It's a balance to find (YOUR) Falcon on this build. As scratchbuild/modifier of sci-fi stuff this kit is brilliant.

Last edited:
Hi Darkview - a quick question with regard to the new STABILO pen you're using...does it have a roller-ball point (similar to a normal biro) - or a point more like a Rotring?

Pretty sure it's a point...so small I cannot see!!! Also a STABILO WRITE-4-ALL MARKER SUPERFINE 0.4MM Seems good, just ordered one.

Cheers! LOL - I bought the UNIBALL one you mentioned earlier in the thread. I'll keep an eye out for the STABILO ones in my travels! :)

I m so glad i subscribed to this kit it truly is a piece or engineering,extremely time consuming but soooo satisfying :) great build and some good tips thanks

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back