I think that was a very good idea.The grey is very close to the real falcon.

I made this shot of the Falcon on the SW-Identities last year with no flash.I think the grey is very close..its darker and not so bright like on other pics..

24274760rs.jpg

I tried to do some magic, Not sure if this is better or not...
Great photo either way!
[url]http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac190/dtssyst/Falcon%20Reference%20Photos%201/24274760rscolor_zpsnwrhz72c.jpg[/URL]

That looks good.But I´m very leery about brightening with a computer.Thats why I used a very good camera with no flash for this pics.The falcon on the pic looks very close to what you´ve seen live on the exhibiton under this lights.
Its always the problem with pics in books or websites because you have no idea how good the used camera was and what they did after the shooting with the computer.
Thats why I was at the SW-Identities...I wanted to comparsion the pics with the real eye.;)

That is the result when I use my pictureprogramm..so how bright is the falcon?:unsure;):

24282884rl.jpg

Last edited:
Decided I'm putting in the M2.5 Allen button steel screw bolts into the quad turret circular part.
14fc6de0c316d8c9ae6a05c72fcfb617_zpscchdalr3.jpg

3 REASONS: The bottom one has better bolts (must have been cast better) so matching it to the top two + it's like that on the original.

Last edited:
TIP: if you using this method of oils/Acrylics for weathering like l have in this thread- or one like it & you want to lighten up the weathering (perhaps overdone it a tad dark!!) use a small bit of ultra fine steel wool using firm light & fast motions in the weathering direction.Best try on a test part or opposite side to see if you like it...
050bf97711f0a38f5beba647c6272f9a_zpspafcc8dx.jpg

Last edited:
TIP: If you want to make your quad guns stiff so you can angle/rotate them, add a touch of glue (carefully) using a fine pin to the pivot
join after construction to each side, wait till it stiffens after a minute then giggle it to realease it from permanent bond, you'll find its then manovable
9072e5a414eb4765f03fcbf4208693eb_zpstyj2vwdr.jpg

Last edited:
Your falcon is looking great. The weathering looks fantastic. I like your custom button head screw swap out. I may do that myself, thx.

Hey DARKVIEW, sorry if it's been asked already, but are you painting your red/grey panels first, then applying the oil paint weathering? Thanks in advance!

Hi, thats fine :). Its good old fashion techniques for me....The grey & red patches are taped off with Tamiya Tape and painted with Humbrol Red matt 153 and the grey is my mix of Humbrol Black & White matt. (tin paints) It gives a pro straight line, you can use yellow sticky note pads if you like but the Tamiya tapes wonderful. (see half way down P14).

You can also use the quick drying oil that l use Lamp black if you want a shaded off square.

Ah ok...I asked because it looks good matt.But I think if you spray a thin coat of matt clearcoat at the end you have the perfect match!:):thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back