Immortan Joe costume from Mad Max, Fury Road

Does anyone have any high quality pics of the bottle caps on the shoulder pauldron? I'd love to get all the right caps. Or.. does anyone know what drinks the caps are from?

Most of them are so damaged you can't make out the brand, I think.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436503990.708103.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the research MFP it's very helpful!

Your costume is coming together wonderfully ahoudini. I have those same toe caps, hah! How heavy is the codpiece? I'm still debating if I'll cast mine in a lighter material...

As for the bottle caps quite a few of them actually appear to be the reverse bottom side of the cap, you can even make out the wax ring in the center.

I guess I'll just find a close color scheme for them and just scuff them enough. Looking forward to seeing everyone's final products! Thank you for the reply.

Charlie Chan, that is what I settled for.

Erik, the jury is still out on the codpiece. I just realized that I missing some larger castle nuts and so have ordered them. It weighs a ton now. I am thinking I will have to mold and cast it in resin to make it doable and likewise the segments of motorcycle chain on the chaps. If so, I will be happy to sell a few castings at cost.

This makes it clear that they are all bottom outward. Thanks, Cessna!

Buck for the bellows blocked out of styrofoam. (The embedded super ball is left over from another project.)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436567929.507789.jpg

Used the big bow cutter from the Hot Wire Foam Factory for this step.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436591691.402856.jpg

Then, to cut the grooves between the segments of the bellows, I used their pro tool with a blade that you can bend into any shape you want. I bent it into the approximate shape of the segmental grooves:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436592018.839416.jpg

Then I carved the grooves:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436592085.449021.jpg

And then sanded them for a rounded appearance:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436592200.845227.jpg

Tomorrow I will apply the muslin and Flex Glue combo, remove the styrofoam buck after it dries, and I should have a hollow, leathery bellows. We'll see…

Sent from my iPhone usa

Thanks for the images Cessna! I'm going switch out some of my caps now that I have a better look, thanks!

Ahoudini, your bellows idea is brilliant! Can't wait to see how it works out. I do have a bunch of thin pumpkin colored leather that would look fantastic for the bellows, but figuring out how to sew it into that shape has eluded me... I may have to steal your idea, hah!

I'm absolutely interested in purchasing some castings if you end up doing a run. Would you cast it as one solid piece, auto badges and all or maybe just the castle nuts? I keep worrying a day walking around the con is going to end with several of the castle nuts coming unsecured, I'm wondering if one solid piece may be better?

Also I notice it appears that there may actually be 3 different sizes of the castle nuts. At the bottom starting around where the 240 auto badge is they appear to be a couple sizes smaller.
11206105_10202872271127298_5574157594752213064_n.jpg

Yes, Erik, I believe you are right. I am sick of buying a whole bag of castle nuts just to get a few, though, so I may press on with just two sizes. I don't think it will show much.

Here is the first coat of flex glue and fabric on my resculpted buck. The aerosol silicone spray I was planning to use as a release agent ate the styrofoam of the first buck[emoji20]. I re -carved it better, I think. Tomorrow, more coats and then we will see if Johnson's paste wax acted as an adequate release.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436686838.786014.jpg

Second coat and now I realize how pitifully underdeveloped the smaller, lower posterior part of the bellows (what I like to think of as the "cerebellum"!) is in new my buck. I may live with it and I may augment it later, after I get it off the buck. Don't know how I screwed this up.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back