Fallout 4

There's a trader in Sanctuary that sells screws 25 at a time. I just keep collecting as many typerwriters as I can along with globes and toys. Dogmeat went back to Sanctuary when I sent him and is roaming around happily but not sure where Codsworth is as he just kinda vanished.

You running PC Wes? If you are, bring up the '~' and type player.moveto 0001ca7d and see where that bad mouthing robot went.

Naw I'm on the PS4. I'm sure he's floating around somewhere. I got the 5 sidekicks i needed to unlock things, I just wanted to put a bowler hat on him and see that lol. he might be hanging out at diamond city.

For adhesives, get a good farm setup. You can make Vegetable Paste at the cooking station which is worth 5 adhesive. Takes corn, mutfruit, tatos, and water

I found that online. I'm not sure whether if you collect produce from your plants, aren't you taking away food from the settlement?

I finally got a .50 cal receiver on my hunting rifle and man is that thing under powered! It's like 10dmg more than a .308 receiver. WTH? I don't have the perk for single shot rifles, so maybe that helps, but still! The NV .50 was awesome.

Honestly the guns are very underwhelming in this game, the legendary ones are only legendary because they are the same quality as the ones in the previous games. You can get fruit and veggies from other settlements and i don't think it'll decrease. Besides i've got more food than people lol

so i scrapped all the doghouses in sanctuary and build a new one in the center and BOOM there is dogmeat now for that flying orb thingy :p

anybody build some crazy big houses?
i started with one yesterday took the foundation of a destroyed house and started going up in wood so far i got a pool and recreational area on the first floor, shared sleeping area and clothes storage on the second floor, a sitting area on the third floor with half of the floor open with a railing, and then a smaller fourth floor wich will become my office with view on sanctuary, now if i only had some more copper i could light the damm place XD

I'm going to try something tomorrow and leave my game open in build mode and see if that boosts things in the village, i saw that if you do it for a while then sleep it helps but i want to try this. I am still struggling to get the area to grow enough to reach large.I still don't know who is working where half the time.

That's the one mod i want for consoles. I honestly can't keep track of folks. During the day everyone's at their jobs but i have 16 shops so they're easy to find but the rest of the 21 people are all MIA half the time and a few just don't want to get things right. That old lady just sits in the chair wasting space. I also can't get my colony size to grow despite building my ass off and having all the folks i can manage. if not for this achievement I wouldn't even be bothering.

Edit: Standing around with build mode open does seem to help but you might as well just do chores around your base with it open instead of just letting it run as it's a slow process. I'm thinking of rebuilding parts of my area because my buildings are very very ugly lol

Last edited:
so i scrapped all the doghouses in sanctuary and build a new one in the center and BOOM there is dogmeat now for that flying orb thingy :p

anybody build some crazy big houses?
i started with one yesterday took the foundation of a destroyed house and started going up in wood so far i got a pool and recreational area on the first floor, shared sleeping area and clothes storage on the second floor, a sitting area on the third floor with half of the floor open with a railing, and then a smaller fourth floor wich will become my office with view on sanctuary, now if i only had some more copper i could light the damm place XD

I tried to. It's a shame you can't build walls, roof, then more walls on top, or even stack a wall on top of another wall. At least I haven't figured out a way to do it. Even the vendor stalls you can setup have their signs on top clip through the roof. Even selling every weapon I find I haven't made enough money to keep my settlement stocked with steel. I also wish you could scrap the other houses at Sanctuary. I just started building a roof over top and reusing them. I also want some support girders so that if I build a high structure it doesn't just look like it's floating in air. For example I covered the roof of a Sanctuary house with metal roof then attempted to build on top. It just looked too dumb.

It's getting to be a hassle with Sanctuary, i start giving jobs and suddenly i dropped in happiness 20 percent. I'm going to try and replace all my crops with mutfruit in batches so once i get a worker there i can click on them all fast. They should automatically just pick crops or work at a shop without being told to. From what I've seen online this is the part of the game nobody really is enjoying. I agree i wish every house in sanctuary could be taken down, it'd make getting your settlement size bar where i needs to be easier.
Also does anyone else have a lag between telling someone to do something in the settlement and them being assigned? It took like 3 minutes for my last ones to register, i was already out on a mission.

Last edited:
I tried using the foundation blocks but it didn't really do me much good as nothing wanting to match up. Next playthru I'm going to try different stuff. Right now it's so overcrowded with crap i can't move in town lol.

Do you know if you can temporarily shut off your beacon to control population? I don't know if it will screw things up or something.

BTW, it's Dec. 25 on my game and Diamond City has Christmas trees up. I thought that was pretty cool. Usually nothing changes in a game based on the date.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you can turn off the beacon or not. I'm slowly building my way to where i need to be and i'm replacing crops with mutfruit. I'm making good progress with my armor collection too, i have to level up a bit before i can make E and F models. The x01 is going to be hard to do as you don't find parts often. I've run out of steel from building amazingly enough. Also it turns out that 3 levels is the limit for height it seems on buildings. I just realized there's an entire lower half of the pipboy map i haven't even gotten to yet. The tree is a neat touch as you're right most games either ignore the holidays or change them. I know that conversations change with who you have when you switch out. Preston apologized to Piper when i took him along and sent her home.

Man the armor merchants need to get some better stuff in inventory, they were having higher end power armor parts but i think i wiped them out lol. I just now started the underground railroad part of the game. Edit: Another minor gripe: how about a trophy case for the collectible model kits you find, mine never stay where i put them. I'm going to try the bobblehead stand but i doubt they'll stay put.

Last edited:
yes you can turn of your beacon in the same way you can turn on/off a radio/tv stuff like that

Yes, but are there any negative effects or can you just turn it back on whenever?

I'm having trouble making money with buying ammo, supplies etc. I don't ever remember having money troubles in any other Fallout.

I'm not having much trouble with ammo but like i said i spend more time salvaging and running missions than doing anything else so i might just be lucky. Finding good guns is the issue. Right now i have a legendary rifle, alien blaster, and a 5.56 that i upgraded. There's an unlimited caps thing you can take advantage of but it's a hassle from what I read. I'm actually having trouble getting supplies. I keep burning thru steel faster than i can salvage it as suddenly some spots aren't respawning their goodies inside. I wish once you cleared a place you could break down the stuff around it. So many cars and vertibirds i could break down. I'm officially halfway to having Sanctuary called large. Thing is there's no point to it being huge since you can only have 21 people.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back