Fallout 4

Every section that is connected to a reactor is powered, up to at least 14 tiles radius, but you have to add a power thing on the wall every now and then (forgot how it was called, but it's the thing you place on the wall and get in the connectors and switches library).

See, that's important information, there. Nice of them to tell me that the super reactor that puts out a gajillion units of power can only push it out five tiles (if people are getting a radius of 14, I want to know what they're doing) before something else unexplained needs to be done. I'm all for "figure it out, guys", when the figuring out makes some kind of sense, but it's not really intuitive that the vault reactor will need a booster every three feet. :behave

--Jonah

See, that's important information, there. Nice of them to tell me that the super reactor that puts out a gajillion units of power can only push it out five tiles (if people are getting a radius of 14, I want to know what they're doing) before something else unexplained needs to be done. I'm all for "figure it out, guys", when the figuring out makes some kind of sense, but it's not really intuitive that the vault reactor will need a booster every three feet. :behave

--Jonah

Not to mention it still causes your base to look bad with wires all over the place dangling there.

That's how the power system for all the building should have been, just pretend the wiring is already there and stop making us struggle with it. Sadly all the building DLC came too late to really impress anyone as most everyone beat the game after a month or two. Last review I read said not to even bother buying the building DLC as they should have been there from the start. I'm hoping in Fallout 5 they revamp the system so it's there from the start and make improvements like just pretending the walls have wiring. This isn't the ghetto, no crackhead went out in the radiation to rip copper wires out of the walls lol

That's my other complaint about the building parts, that they all look like someone built something with absolutely no examples of how to build a building. There are enough buildings standing to see how to properly nail boards to make a wall without gaps everywhere. It looks like some doped up raider built everything. 2000 years ago, with less knowledge the Romans built proper walls! :lol I'm also sure that after 200 years some people have figured out how to make furniture with new fabric. I guess in the game when you "make" a piece of furniture it's supposed to be salvaged furniture or something. Maybe they could do a building perk where at first level you have junk buildings and then get more advanced things once you level the perk? I'm just nitpicking now, but it would help the immersion a little more.

I get the beat up crap look. It's POST-apocalypse. I know I don't have the first clue how to make drywall or mill wood into sheets or make metal...
The whole point of the look is that everything is scavenged and scraped together. Manufacturing in this world hasn't exactly made a come back... at least not on the surface. The institute apparently figured it out.

That being said, I feel like there should still be an option to have "clean" building materials... not rusted crap with holes in it. But that's probably more the OCD speaking.

Not to mention it still causes your base to look bad with wires all over the place dangling there.

With the vault thing, you don't need to wire each "booster" or whatever they're called, together, or to the generator. They transmit power through the vault pieces. You just need to place one where you need power. No wires needed unless you need to supply power to something that needs a wire, like a terminal, or a laser turret. Additionally, you can place these vault power modules on the outside of the vault and get the same effect. So, you can have a pretty nice looking vault build with full power and very limited mess.

My problem with vault electronics is the the darn vault ceiling lights don't snap to any of the ceilings. They just kind of float in the air under a surface. And, the one that does snap, doesn't even look like it's on. But, of course, all of the previous in game lights snap just fine. :unsure

Well that, and the light they produce is weird as heck. Very limited range, and weird orientation, unlike most other lights !

Yeah, wiring is such a mess. One of the more annoying things about the game to me. Some people have clearly embraced it if you look on YouTube, building all kinds of signs with the lighting blocks or using the different sensors and switches to build traps. If it wasn't for YouTube I don't know how people would know how to use half of the stuff in the game though.

The Vault buildings are definitely weird. I made a "restaurant" and put the ceiling lights all over it and it just doesn't look lit. The lighting is awful. I think the ceiling fans actually put out some good light. I use those a lot.

I haven't actually tried to make an atrium but I imagine lighting it is a huge PITA.

I've tried to embrace the conduits for normal buildings... but the fact that they don't snap to walls means I you don't get the first piece laid perfectly parallel with the wall, it'll eventually run into it or you'll have an annoying gap. Better than loose hanging wires but a nightmare for anyone with OCD.

Wait so it's basically a dlc that makes me into something i've been since i started playing? I've been a total ******* this entire time playing lol. Something tells me i'll have this done in 8 hours or less.

I get the beat up crap look. It's POST-apocalypse. I know I don't have the first clue how to make drywall or mill wood into sheets or make metal...
The whole point of the look is that everything is scavenged and scraped together. Manufacturing in this world hasn't exactly made a come back... at least not on the surface. The institute apparently figured it out.

That being said, I feel like there should still be an option to have "clean" building materials... not rusted crap with holes in it. But that's probably more the OCD speaking.

Somebody could have figured it out. I know I could cut down a tree, make a regular sized plank, and make a straight wall. I get it about the harder stuff like metal, but c'mon it's a freaking wood wall! There are buildings with wood walls, with the framing exposed, that would be easy to see. People made fabric for over 2,000 year so I think someone could figure out how to upholster a chair! Anyway I thought it would have made sense for the BoS to have a mission to take over Saugus Ironworks as a strategic target.

Somebody could have figured it out. I know I could cut down a tree, make a regular sized plank, and make a straight wall. I get it about the harder stuff like metal, but c'mon it's a freaking wood wall! There are buildings with wood walls, with the framing exposed, that would be easy to see. People made fabric for over 2,000 year so I think someone could figure out how to upholster a chair! Anyway I thought it would have made sense for the BoS to have a mission to take over Saugus Ironworks as a strategic target.

In my opinion it mirrors how lazy our society is becoming. We no longer have the industry we used to. People don't learn trades or how to make things from nothing like they once did.
In the world of Fallout people are more concerned with keeping their shanty house together between raider and mutant attacks more than constructing a loom to make fabric for a couch.

The weapons are another neat way of showing how things have reverted to primitive technology. I assume the more techy weapons like plasma and laser are pre-war remnants and there's a mix between the pre- and post-war tech with some of the other weapons.

But, I agree... give how you can farm all of the resources to build a normal looking building, it's lame that everything looks piecemeal.
It's also funny how people have managed to make things look as cool as they have with what they were given when the game was first release. A lot of really cool concrete buildings out there.

My entire base is concrete lol. I farmed and farmed and then realized that it was too massive and cut it into a tiny chunk of what it was.

Edit: Not even into the park yet and the game crashed, i've never had a console game crash as much as this thing does. Looks like this one is going to take me a while longer to get all the trophies in so i may give it a few days until some walkthrus pop up.

Last edited:
So I put some hours into the game, which is dragging on as i work on trophies, and Bethesda once again got confusing with the power armor history. There's an exclusive Nuka armor in the park that's prewar but it's basically the X-01 which makes me think the design was prewar and the Enclave perfected it. While we're on that subject they must have heard us complaining about finishing our sets as i found little over 3 x-01 sets in various places outside the park. No back story to why they're there and no sign of enclave activity they're just there. Actually the game is pretty light on journals and details on stuff like that, it's mostly focused on journals for the survivors of the park.
A shout out to Bethesda for a few throwbacks to older games including Fallout 3 and Fallout 2, though the one for F2 coulda used a bit more story to make sense unless I missed it.

Edit: Great so one of the trophies is glitched as apparently 2 items you need for it aren't working right or don't show up in the game world at all.

@BikerScout I know it's probably not your department but do they know about this glitch? It's the nuka recipe books for extreme and bomb drop, also apparently the glitch where we can't see our pipboys if we're not in power armor is still going on. I'm stuck riding in my armor in my underwear right now lol

Edit 2: Well the bombdrop book was in the right spot but the xtreme never appeared even after i rebooted the game. I'll have to come back to that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I put some hours into the game, which is dragging on as i work on trophies, and Bethesda once again got confusing with the power armor history. There's an exclusive Nuka armor in the park that's prewar but it's basically the X-01 which makes me think the design was prewar and the Enclave perfected it. While we're on that subject they must have heard us complaining about finishing our sets as i found little over 3 x-01 sets in various places outside the park. No back story to why they're there and no sign of enclave activity they're just there. Actually the game is pretty light on journals and details on stuff like that, it's mostly focused on journals for the survivors of the park.
A shout out to Bethesda for a few throwbacks to older games including Fallout 3 and Fallout 2, though the one for F2 coulda used a bit more story to make sense unless I missed it.

Edit: Great so one of the trophies is glitched as apparently 2 items you need for it aren't working right or don't show up in the game world at all.

@BikerScout I know it's probably not your department but do they know about this glitch? It's the nuka recipe books for extreme and bomb drop, also apparently the glitch where we can't see our pipboys if we're not in power armor is still going on. I'm stuck riding in my armor in my underwear right now lol

Edit 2: Well the bombdrop book was in the right spot but the xtreme never appeared even after i rebooted the game. I'll have to come back to that one.

I recommend loading a previous save file just before that instance and seeing if it still occurs. During and after a release, QA will actively be looking for bug occurrences and reporting them for the queue. QA support continues long after a project has been released or DLC as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoying Nuka World so far. Really feels like I'm in Disneyland ! Weird, twisted Disneyland but still ! Quests are a tad uninspired, but the environment makes it up. Played a bit with a morally ambiguous character, but now I started a full on crazy one : a Joker (yeah, how original !), thanks to the new green hair dye. Gotta get to lvl 30 before I can take my rightful place as Overboss and rule the Commonwealth. Can't wait to go raiding settlements with the Pack ! In the mean time, trying to take the nastiest jobs and always screw everyone over to gain XP.
On the side note, I encountered a bug on my pip-boy : the screen is all distorted somehow, as well as all in-game screens... Hoping a simple shut down of the game will fix that, otherwise it's playable but annoying.

The way I understand it is that the X01 is the US Army predecessor to the Enclave version. If you wait until high levels you can start finding more X01 suits. There's always one complete suit at the 35 Court building. I went at like level 60 something and it showed T-51 inside the enclosure, but once I got it out it flipped to X01. Also like I said earlier I really hope they retcon the T60 to be a suit produced by the BoS from what they learned from captured Enclave suits. That would make WAAAAAY more sense, since every game prior said T51 armor was the pinnacle of prewar power armor. It bugged someone enough to mod all the intro suits (on the way to Vault 111) to T51 suits.

I'm not too far into Nuka World, but I'm having at least as much fun as Far Harbor. I just wish we would have gotten a couple more story DLCs. I do like the more crazier nod to earlier games with the Thirst Zapper use on the Overboss. They should have done more things like that in the game. I'm also glad they didn't force you to help the raiders. I blasted that Gage dude as soon as he opened the door. He was promoted to green plasma goo since my guy is BoS. :lol

I just found another suit on an army truck lol. Man this trophy for making nuka flavors is screwed up on so many levels, everyone's finally getting the books that wouldn't spawn but now it won't pop the achievement when you complete it. I had to go 8 hours backwards to get this far on the thing. Apparently there was another book that wasn't popping for folks and so it never got listed on youtube or even the wiki. I just found it so hopefully that'll help. Someone at Bethesda has a sick sense of humor when it comes to this 100,000 tickets in the arcade challenge lol. Even shooting the targets with a quad rocket launcher i barely got 30,000 after 2 days.

Last edited:
Someone said to play the target shooting game because it throws more tickets at you. I tried the Red Menace (Whack A Mole), and couldn't hit fast enough. I don't know if it was because I was in power armor or because there's a perk that makes you hit faster.

Yeah everyone's using the shooting game to get the 100,000 tickets for that achievement. You can manage 1000 a game if you use the squirt gun and stand 3' in front of the board by jumping over the divider. I'm still finding new stuff, there's actually a Nuka Girl spacesuit you can pillage from a display. I'd love to see a garage kit of her on the rocket like you see in the displays and load screens.

Edit: Apparently all the DLCs have lines recorded for you while wearing the Silver Shroud costume that are unique to the costume.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back