Fallout 4

Yeah I'm not all that impressed with this DLC at all and none of it is of any use to me at all. I have this massive facility and no way to use elevators. Honestly this annoys me enough I might not bother playing the game until Nuka World hits and after all this I may wait for reviews since it's not covered by my season pass. This stuff should have been in the workshop DLC before everyone already built their giant facilities. It's no wonder they are trying to control the mods for the game, the mods are working better than the stuff they're putting out.

In my opinion, Contraptions is a complete and total waste of money. Even if it is only five bucks.

Some of this stuff is really getting too silly. This is Fallout, damn it. Who the hell cares about sorting machines and elevators?

Well I have the early season pass, so I didn't buy it per se, but the weapons rack and mannequin are a much welcome addition. Granted they should have been in the game in the first place, but still... Haven't had time to test out the elevators and such though. I do not care at all about these ball rolling and sorting machines things though ! Elevators in the otheer hand, I've been trying to make some since Morrowind, messing with scripts and platforms in empty shafts ! So kinda glad they're finally available.

Well I have the early season pass, so I didn't buy it per se, but the weapons rack and mannequin are a much welcome addition. Granted they should have been in the game in the first place, but still... Haven't had time to test out the elevators and such though. I do not care at all about these ball rolling and sorting machines things though ! Elevators in the otheer hand, I've been trying to make some since Morrowind, messing with scripts and platforms in empty shafts ! So kinda glad they're finally available.

Well, I fully agree with your point about the weapon racks. But they (imo) should have just included those in an update or something. I mean, we didn't have to pay for the new Survival Mode in some lame DLC package.

Yeah, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the tracks. Like, what point do they even serve? Or is this literally supposed to be eye candy or something? And what do the sorting machines do? Sort your junk?

I really did like some of the things they added in the wasteland workshop DLC, some of those things were actually useful. Like the decontamination arch, that thing is a MUST in the new survival mode. Fusion generators? Hell yeah! I guess there was enough stuff in that package that it seemed worth the five bucks. I don't think the new one is, though.

But yeah, I hear ya. Season pass. Might as well download it, right?

I wish they'd added some more trophies for doing stuff, there isn't even one for survival mode like there used to be. I ended up fixing the issue Sluis Van and I were having with elevator floors not working with the normal buildings by just slapping down some concrete steps in front of it. Not the best solution as you can't wall them in to not be an eye sore but better than nothing. Half this stuff in the new DLC looks like it's just meant to keep people busy building Rube Goldberg machines until the next DLC hits, it's not like it's adding traps or anything and honestly this late in the game it's too little too late to make anyone want to play thru again.

Stuff they cut out including armor paint:http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_cut_content Apparently there's more than a few missions that were cut too, i think i saw kokatu or someone mention it but they said it was the most interesting stuff in the game. Something that annoys me is all over the place you see the dolphin carcasses yet you never see one alive nor do you see whatever those big ass skeletons belong to that litter Far Harbor, it's like whales but it's always just the same bones. They animated fish swimming along the banks in places but can't give us the sea creatures.

Last edited:
So far, to me, the power conduit pipes are useless. I can only get the "pass through" type to go through the bottom floor wall and not even how I imagine they are supposed to go, with the option to run lines along the ceiling or floor. This is all I get: http://i.imgur.com/l9a9YpB.png and that's the only place it will be green. I've tried other material walls and they always seem to want to snap to a certain point, which isn't where you'd think it should go.

Here's how I powered every other building, and this is probably the largest building footprint I've made. I'm also using the longer power line mod.
Here's the front which I just used normal power conduit arranged to cover all the front: http://i.imgur.com/kCUGRDH.jpg Same with the sides: http://i.imgur.com/61rTNpt.jpg and then inside is all evenly powered: http://i.imgur.com/LJe1m2H.jpg Oh I also have the clean concrete mod so the concrete actually looks like it was just made.

I'm gonna start taking pics of mine to show off. My one other complaint is that the giant fusion generators stick up thru the floor no matter what. I have 4 per floor lol. I was hoping the conduits would help make things look better but it doesn't seem to be much help. I have yet to see anyone liking this DLC at all, everything i've seen online is saying how pointless it all is. I watch a guy named robbaz on youtube and he made a body sorting center for his cannibal character but aside from that i haven't seen any real use.

I lost an hour of base building thanks to the game crashing before saving. Now it's suddenly limiting the number of electrical stuff i can put in as i redo each floor. I found a way to enclose and hide the ugly parts of the elevators at least. It's still far from perfect but as good as it's going to get from the game at this point. At least the game is playable, i tried destiny and that game is so broken they had to cancel 2 pvp events and now folks can't even get normal pvp to work right.

They still haven't patched the Long Road quest bug after nearly a year either, McCready just won't give me that password. I will say this: the ammo making machine is nice to have. I read online you have to stay in the area for the machines to keep producing and you can't sleep but I'm positive it kept going while i slept and left the area.

Last edited:
Ok I figured out how the new power conduit lines work. I was trying to put it in backwards in those last pics... You have to leave the connector (the thingies you attach wire to) outside of the wall. http://i.imgur.com/sC3kkxt.jpg http://i.imgur.com/GSgALnB.jpg http://i.imgur.com/O7veQUH.jpg

On a side not, if you get the very excellent Spring Cleaning mod, which lets you scrap a LOT more things (like skeletons, leaves, debris, the playground equipment in Sanctuary, etc.), save a often. It lets you scrap the houses in Sanctuary, for example, which I didn't want to do. Well I forgot to save before I started building and I accidentally scrapped the foundation of the house with the power armor station, so the hole house had to go... I had just built the starter house pictured above for my second play through and didn't want to go back and do it over... :lol and/or :facepalm

I'm building a factory area on one side of my base as i realized even with all my suits of armor i'll have space left over. Sadly i have to go down to ground level and put foundations around them machines but it looks okay. I'm really tempted to try that sorting machine if it speeds up breaking down my items. I am now lighting areas with just the power armor stands, problem is there isn't enough fiberglass around. They should let you make this stuff using materials, especially fertilizer given how much bone you get access to.

Does anyone know how often the unstable weapons tend to break on robots? I want to outfit my sentries with them but don't want them going bad on me constantly. I really want to give them duel fatman launchers.

Does anyone know how often the unstable weapons tend to break on robots? I want to outfit my sentries with them but don't want them going bad on me constantly. I really want to give them duel fatman launchers.

According to fallout wiki the chances are pretty low. Even if they do break the damage isn't permanent since you can easily repair them with a Robot Repair Kit. I guess that's one way of bringing back weapon durability.

Good i'm going to go nuts with the unstable weapons then. Once Iron Banner is over in Destiny i'll be getting back onto my base and get some pics up, i wanted to play start ocean but i'm one of the lucky few that it causes motion sickness with. Codsworth now has explosive miniguns and dual fatman launchers lol. I can't get the conduit stuff to work right so i'm just letting wires hang everywhere. Oh setting up an eyebot station helps as it will search and mark items on your map for you to recover.

Last edited:
In other news, for uncontrollable maniacal laughter, buy Big Boy (the unique fat man Arturo in DIamond City sells, which fires an additional projectile), mod it with the MIRV, and have fun. This game's MIRV is better than the one in F3. It fires fewer mini-nukes six, rather than eight), but each shot only removes one from your ammo, rather than the total number fired. Further, Big Boy's "extra projectile" is not +1 to the normal MIRV's fired -- it's doubled. So an MIRV-modded Big Boy fires twelve mini-nukes per shot, while only using one from your inventory. It is a colossal noise and it makes me smile every time.

--Jonah

As sad as it sounds, I picked up both Skyrim and Fallout 3 used and on the cheap for the PC (got Skyrim for $1, Fallout 3, the regular non-GOTY edition for $3.99). I know this is a Fallout 4 thread, but since both games are by the same company, I figured I'd share that info. Not sure if I'll mod them out or not. Kinda wish Fallout 3 had some drivable vehicles (I know there's a mod, but it appears to be for motorcycles. I'd actually like to have more vehicle choices for wasteland travel. Hell, if the movie Six-String Samurai can have vehicles, why not Fallout 3?).

As sad as it sounds, I picked up both Skyrim and Fallout 3

Nothing sad about this! If you pick up Fallout New Vegas as well you can use the awesome mod "Tale of two Wastelands" to combine F3 and FNV to a huge amazing single game experience! Haven't finished my F4 palythrough yet, but I will surely replay F3/NV at some point as well! :)

I have the game of the year skyrim sitting here for my ps3, not sure why as i'm not big on the elder scroll games. I have to finish one of the fallouts on ps3 and then i'll have gotten them all done at 100 percent. I need to get back to my base building but I'm enjoying star ocean despite what all the idiots say about it. I kinda wish that Fallout had an optional pvp section like GTA 5 so i could show off my base.

I never played an Elder Scrolls game because I didn't think I liked that Dungeons and Dragons kind of stuff. I got Skyrim on sale on Steam a couple of years ago and it's awesome! Too bad ES Oblivion doesn't hold up. The leveling is horrendous. You level up, but you never do any more damage so you are stuck with about the same damage throughout the entire game.

Anyway I started my second F4 game and I was going to side with the Railroad or Institute, BUT I like the BoS too much! They have all the cool stuff! Without telling me specifics, if you stay with the Institute do they ever tell you what they are doing as far as infiltrating synths into settlements? Shaun acted like he despises the Wasteland people so I don't know why they would be doing that other than to get intel.

As I said before, I thought it would be hard to start another game after I made settlements exactly how I wanted, but it's a lot of fun with all the new building stuff available.

I would like them to clarify the BoS though because from dialogue in other games, the BoS would seize tech from people they saw using it. However that has never happened that I've ever seen. Heck Danse gives you a laser rifle after you help them. The BoS has multiple personalities in this game though because they act like the BoS and Enclave (xenophobic and fascist - stealing farms). I keep wondering if some writer got them confused in this.

Without telling me specifics, if you stay with the Institute do they ever tell you what they are doing as far as infiltrating synths into settlements? Shaun acted like he despises the Wasteland people so I don't know why they would be doing that other than to get intel.

Don't worry about getting any specifics about their plans because... there aren't any plans. You can find out what the Institute has done in the Common Wealth, but if you're looking for an end goal that the Institute has in mind, all you'll get is a "We are humanity's best hope". They... have... no... plan...

And incase this hasn't been brought up enough already, Nuka World will be THE LAST Fallout 4 DLC they make.

Fallout 3: FIve story based DLC
- Operation: Anchorage
- The Pitt
- Broken Steel
- Point Lookout
- Mothership Zeta​

Fallout: New Vegas: Four story based DLC
- Dead Money
- Honest Hearts
- Old World Blues
- Lonesome Road​

Fallout 4: Two and a half story based DLC
- Automatron (1/2)
- Far Harbor
- Nuka-World​

So much for the potential of restored content being brought back in. The alternate Brotherhood of Steel ending, Combat Zone being fully utilized ect.

Huh, I wish Sony moved its ass a bit on the mods thing, I want to start a new character on survival, but I'm not doing anything until I have a mod that get rid of the bullet sponge ennemies. I want it more realistic, if I take a bullet to my uncovered face, I die, but same should apply to my ennemies.
Also I want some more real life weapons, especially Assault rifles, I really don't like the design for this one in the game.
Jeyl : it is frustrating that this Institute thing never goes anywhere. I really wish you could do something with it when you're the freacking director... Ah well, Mods will be the answer I guess !

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jeyl : it is frustrating that this Institute thing never goes anywhere. I really wish you could do something with it when you're the freacking director... Ah well, Mods will be the answer I guess !

Not with this game. Bethesda introduced two major elements in Fallout 4 that makes customizable story lines almost impossible. A limited 'four choice' dialogue system that limits the amount of interaction you can have with NPCs, and a voiced player character who will not have lines for story related mods.

Sure, you can add a mod that gives you more options for mod specific projects, but there is no practical way to immerse into a story mod since any dialogue interaction with NPCs will not be voiced. That is a huge blow to the immersion factor that was non-existent in the previous games since all the dialogue from the player character was in text. Bethesda didn't even provide any lines recorded by the two player character actors for potential mod related stories. But don't worry. At least they're still updating Codsworth list of names that he can speak aloud.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back